My Ford Touch Thread - Page 33 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #321
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i was just in sync my ride site and was told i have an update for my mft.
is it recommended that all updates be done before the 'new' mft update comes out in several weeks or can i just wait.? i don't have any issues w/ mft now and so don't want to jinx it but installing an unnecessary update.
also does anyone know what size jumb drive is needed for d/loading the updates?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #322
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
I've had it happen a few times but have always been able to turn it down manually (steering wheel controls locked but the manual knob has worked). You should be OK for the short time before the upgrade releases.

Where are you getting your car?
I'm headed over to Kitty Van Bortel to pick it up this evening.

Was very excited about the tech, but I see I may have a few headaches until the upgrade. I had to get a small car with a decent NAV system (built in because I need it to mute the audio as it gives directions) and the phone address book integration into the NAV is very useful for my small business (photographing waterfalls takes me all over the region and into some places I have no idea how to get to). Went for the Ford, but with more research up to this point into the car, rather than the tech. I'm hoping I didn't make too big of a mistake.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #323
kelscar
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88165
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 kelscar Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
i was just in sync my ride site and was told i have an update for my mft.
is it recommended that all updates be done before the 'new' mft update comes out in several weeks or can i just wait.? i don't have any issues w/ mft now and so don't want to jinx it but installing an unnecessary update.
also does anyone know what size jumb drive is needed for d/loading the updates?
If I was you, since you have no problems I would leave it alone until the next update comes out.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #324
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
I'm headed over to Kitty Van Bortel to pick it up this evening.

Was very excited about the tech, but I see I may have a few headaches until the upgrade. I had to get a small car with a decent NAV system (built in because I need it to mute the audio as it gives directions) and the phone address book integration into the NAV is very useful for my small business (photographing waterfalls takes me all over the region and into some places I have no idea how to get to). Went for the Ford, but with more research up to this point into the car, rather than the tech. I'm hoping I didn't make too big of a mistake.
Yeah, that is where I got mine as well.

Keep in mind that most of us are posting about problems when we have problems (as opposed to getting on here and saying "everything is working fine") and asking for advice/help from anyone else that may have experienced similar. Seems to vary by person. I know a lot on here have had nav problems/never gotten a voice command to work with nav or whatever but I personally haven't and have always entered info for nav by voice (though I have had a couple of SD card faults but they were fixed by popping the card and putting it back in). I've had the volume thing on the stereo but some haven't, and so on.

In my opinion, when it is working as it was intended to, the tech is brilliant. Plus you shouldn't have long to wait for the upgrade so you may have to put up with some quirks short term but don't beat yourself up over your decision before you've even gotten the car. There is a lot to like about this little car!

One piece of advice, since you mentioned the phone book/contacts. Back when I first got mine I read on here somewhere that disabling the phone book auto-sync feature was helpful and I meant to do that but kept forgetting. About three weeks ago I was sitting in the car waiting for my wife to come out of a store and was just playing around in the menus to kill time and ran across the auto-sync option and thought "Oh yeah, I meant to do this a while ago" and turned it off. What a difference it makes. Everything loads up so much faster when I start up the car. Of course, if you change your contact list a lot, you would have to remember to manually sync it.

Best of luck picking it up tonight and welcome to the forum!
Old 02-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #325
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Thanks for the tip! I will definitely disable that as my contacts rarely change.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #326
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
Crap. New member here.
Will pick up my new SEL with MFT and NAV in about 5 hours. Just now reading about this problems. Since I have been a windows users for decades, I guess I can deal with freezing and minor bugs until the update (Ford is now advertising 2013 models on the website, so it can't be far off) but one bug i have read about on here concerns me. I have hearing problems. Deaf in one ear and very sensitive in the other. I like listening to music on low. But that problem where the volume keeps going up is scary to me. I don't want to be driving and have an uncontrollable volume increase -- possibly damaging my hearing further.

Any tips on what a new MFT user should do to upon first getting the system or when first encountering a problem. Anything I should do specifically when the volume starts climbing uncontrollable (assuming I'm driving at the time)?

Does the MFT system have a volume limiter?
While some people have had their mft fail as they pulled away from the lot, quite honestly the odds say yours should be fine for at least the time between now and the overhaul update. Mine lasted about 6 weeks before it started giving me any kind of real grief.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
Old 02-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #327
Sargetalon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95695
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Sargetalon Good Standing Member
I was having trouble with the bluetooth on my iPhone syncing with Bluetooth Stereo. This worked fine at first but has gotten more buggy as the days roll on. The phone portion worked fine. I finally decided to pull the fuses as detailed here and the display would not come back on afterwards. I ran to pepboys for new fuses thinking I'd blown one and thankfully the display came back on several minutes after the new fuses were in place. Won't be doing that again anytime soon. The bluetooth issue was fixed though...for now.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #328
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90061
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 aperson9923 Good Standing Member
I do not know if this has happened to anyone else so I thought I would post it.
Last weekend, me and my sister took a road trip to a town about 100 miles away. I generally knew how to get there, but I have my Navi programmed just in case, or if there was an accident, ANYWAYS, We were going along and the Navigation all the sudden told me to get off the highway at the next exit. I did as it said, knowing this wasn't on (my) course I got suspicious, but followed along anyway. As I got off the freeway, the navigation completely CRAPPED out on my. It just stopped working. The rest of MFT was working tho so it was strange. At a stop light I tried to restart the car and open a door to kill MFT, but if would just reboot in the same broken manner. I then pulled over and tried to push the cancel route button, and it would prompt me yes/no, I would click yes, nothing happened. I tried restarting the car several more times, I even pulled out the Navi SD card and the SD card fault message came up (So MFT was not frozen, just the NAVI, I could play with the radio ect.) Finally after about 15 minutes the navigation started working again and told me to get back on the freeway and continue on my route. I called my dealer and they were too busy so I left a message. Have any of you have this or something similar? I rely on my navigation heavily and this can't be happening, because I do not want to get lost in the wrong area at night. (And for those of you who say just use my phone, My phone died and the USB in my car doesn't charge my iPhone) FML
Mods: Tint 20/5, LockPick & Backup Camera, K&N Drop In
Old 02-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #329
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson9923 View Post
I do not know if this has happened to anyone else so I thought I would post it.
Last weekend, me and my sister took a road trip to a town about 100 miles away. I generally knew how to get there, but I have my Navi programmed just in case, or if there was an accident, ANYWAYS, We were going along and the Navigation all the sudden told me to get off the highway at the next exit. I did as it said, knowing this wasn't on (my) course I got suspicious, but followed along anyway. As I got off the freeway, the navigation completely CRAPPED out on my. It just stopped working. The rest of MFT was working tho so it was strange. At a stop light I tried to restart the car and open a door to kill MFT, but if would just reboot in the same broken manner. I then pulled over and tried to push the cancel route button, and it would prompt me yes/no, I would click yes, nothing happened. I tried restarting the car several more times, I even pulled out the Navi SD card and the SD card fault message came up (So MFT was not frozen, just the NAVI, I could play with the radio ect.) Finally after about 15 minutes the navigation started working again and told me to get back on the freeway and continue on my route. I called my dealer and they were too busy so I left a message. Have any of you have this or something similar? I rely on my navigation heavily and this can't be happening, because I do not want to get lost in the wrong area at night. (And for those of you who say just use my phone, My phone died and the USB in my car doesn't charge my iPhone) FML
I have learned to absolutely NOT rely on my NAV. When it works its great, just don't count on it. If the update doesn't fix the problems, Ford will be hearing a lot from me....
Old 02-29-2012, 08:12 AM   #330
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Third day with the car... started it up this morning.... USB froze. NAV was unresponsive. Sirius worked, then back to USB, it would respond to commands but no audio coming out. Go too pissed at the amount i paid for this garbage and stopped dealing with it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks