My Ford Touch Thread - Page 329 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #3281
r1ch999999
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106748
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 r1ch999999 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
You know what I find funny about this, when I bought mine I asked if I should have looked for one with nav, they told me to skip it that it's buggy and inaccurate and I should just use my Garmin GPS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #3282
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
I may have misintepreted what you are saying. I thought you were saying you set yours to auto and it has been reverting to 0.05mi on its own. In other words if you keep hitting zoom in eventually you will get to auto and can go no further. The only option to change anything at that point is to hit zoom out. The first increment upon hitting zoom out once is 0.05mi.

With mine, if a I get eveything displaying correctly I can set it to particular zoom level, say for example 0.25mi. Upon either switching from light to dark mode or turning the car off, it will change itself to a view of 0.5mi after the light-dark switch or subsequent startup. In other words, it jumps to a zoom level that is equivalent to hitting zoom out once (though the scale indicator on the display will still read 0.25mi, it is actually displaying at a zoom level of 0.5mi).

Initially after 3.5.1 was installed it only did this to me if when the light-dark switch occurred while MFT was on. Now it does it after every shutdown/startup as well, even if a light-dark switch had not occurred during my previous drive prior to shutting down.

Fortunately once it zooms out once it doesn't continue after another trigger event occurs. In other words it doesn't continue to zoom out one increment every time I shutdown and startup. I only does it once and then holds that setting going forward. I know what it does and can compensate for it, just set my zoom one increment further in than I really want it and it eventually ends up where I want it (even though the scale display on the screen is wrong the zoom is where I like it).

Really a minor inconvenience as I can workaround it but just another one of those things that leaves me shaking my head and muttering "Why MFT? Why can't you just stay where I set you? Is that too much to ask? Why do you have to adjust settings on your own?"
What I usually do is click zoom in/out once to open the menu of zoom levels, and then click Auto.

I honestly didn't even know it would eventually go to Auto if you kept increasing/decreasing the zoom level (if I understand what you're saying).

But yes, I always leave it on Auto, and lately I've found that it a) switches from 3D -> 2D and b) changes from Auto to 0.05 ... on its own.

I haven't noticed any light/dark issues thus far.

And yes, clearly it is too much to ask. Far too much. Sorry, Dave, but MFT knows what's best for you.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 05-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #3283
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
I honestly didn't even know it would eventually go to Auto if you kept increasing/decreasing the zoom level (if I understand what you're saying).

But yes, I always leave it on Auto, and lately I've found that it a) switches from 3D -> 2D and b) changes from Auto to 0.05 ... on its own.
Yep, exactly what I am saying. If you keep pressing zoom "+" instead of doing it your way it will eventually hit auto and you can go no further in the "+" direction. At this point, if you then hit zoom "-" once it will be set at 0.05mi. 0.05mi is one zoom increment out from auto so that is why I am saying it is the same behavior as mine. Mine always goes one zoom increment out. MFT acts like we hit zoom "-" once from our previous settings even though we didn't.

The 3D -> 2D thing is pretty spotty for me but it does happen. The zoom thing is constant. Oh well, not much that can be done about it I guess. Reboots don't seem to fix it, even temporarily.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #3284
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Yep, exactly what I am saying. If you keep pressing zoom "+" instead of doing it your way it will eventually hit auto and you can go no further in the "+" direction. At this point, if you then hit zoom "-" once it will be set at 0.05mi. 0.05mi is one zoom increment out from auto so that is why I am saying it is the same behavior as mine. Mine always goes one zoom increment out. MFT acts like we hit zoom "-" once from our previous settings even though we didn't.

The 3D -> 2D thing is pretty spotty for me but it does happen. The zoom thing is constant. Oh well, not much that can be done about it I guess. Reboots don't seem to fix it, even temporarily.
Interesting.

Perhaps I'll play around with that, too.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 05-23-2013, 12:19 AM   #3285
haloflightleader
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 113855
What I Drive: 2013, White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 haloflightleader Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
What does it matter???

If the problem is (for example) the GPS antenna or module, it can easily be replaced by your local dealer.
I thought that was fairly obvious.

I don't think that it's realistic to expect that your car will never need warranty service.
It's better to get your car fixed rather than just getting angry about it.
Easy for you to say. You are not experiencing these bugs. And one month into ownership, I should be enjoying the car, not repeatedly bringing it back to the service center only for it to be returned without a fix. No one, especially me, expects that the car should never need warranty. In fact, I bought the extended warranty, and I am thankful I did. Had I not, this experience would be worse!

My day job is working with computers so I know a thing or two about this piece of zh!t, and let me tell you, I hardly use the navigation because I don't need to be told the route to the house I have been living in for 5 years. I need the navigation for places I have never been to. And in those few moments when I needed the nav, it has failed me nearly as much as it helped me.

I know all about an individual part being easy to replace, but if you can try to understand I have already taken this vehicle in twice in the first month when all I want to do is not have these pesky bugs marring my enjoyment of the vehicle, PHUQ Ford for not letting me have that! I have tried to do something about it so I have a right to be angry.
Automated Parking System
27city/38hwy
Old 05-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #3286
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Interesting.

Perhaps I'll play around with that, too.
Yeah, nothing we can really do to fix it but weird (and completely repeatable) nonetheless. I spend a lot of time on a fixed zoom level and drive the same routes to work back and forth so I am very familiar with how much is supposed to be on the screen at that fixed level. That is how I know it is zooming out. If you feel like goofing around you can test the light/dark thing as well. If you are sitting still sometime fire up the map and set it at a fixed zoom. Cycle through the views and get back to 3-D just to make sure everything is correct (makes me wonder - Does it only do this in 3-D view? Never tested it in 2-D mode. Maybe I will just for the heck of it). Throw something over the light sensor to force dark mode and see how it looks, if it zooms out one level (again, scale indicator will not change on the screen but zoom definitely goes out one level for me). Leave it in dark mode and cycle through the views again and see if it goes back to the proper zoom. Or if you don't want to, don't bother. Like I said, we can't do anything about it anyhow. More of a curiousity than anything else.

After reading your first post about your experience I decided to set mine to auto for the last couple of days just to see. Mine is not reverting to the 0.05mi view. It is still adjusting but those adjustments are still one zoom level out from what the scale indicator is reading (the scale indicator is still changing with every auto zoom change though, it is just off one level).
Old 05-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #3287
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

After almost two years I had a completely new one last night and this one is really disconcerting. I was out running some errands with my son while my wife was out running. We got our stuff done and realized it was getting late so we stopped off for some quick dinner instead of having to worry about it when we got home.

Pulled in and parked, shut the stereo off (like I always do), shut the car off and we got out. MFT shut down fine when I opened the door to get out. Went in (just a local burger joint since we didn't have a lot of time). We ordered and ate. We were in there for about 45 minutes. We left and we were walking back to the car. As I got closer I noticed through the rear window that my screen was on. I got closer and opened the door and music was playing as well (the same stereo that I shut off before turning the car off). I had started playing a new album while we were out and about and by the time we got there, it was just into the 3rd track. When I got back to the car it was on the last track. When I got home I checked the track lengths of songs 3-11 and it was a total of about 35 minutes. So, about 10 minutes after we went into the restaurant MFT completely fired itself up as well as turned on the stereo that I had shut off.

I have had the one where you go to exit the car and MFT will not shut off. The first few times that one happened I would go back out and check the car evey now and then and after five minutes of so it would always shutdown (and always involved a reboot after shutting down) so I learned not to sweat that one. This is absolutely the first time I have ever had MFT simply fire itself up while the car is shut off (and again, MFT previously shut off fine).

Really concerning because we just happened to be grabbing some dinner so were not away from the car that long this time but what if it did it while I was parked at work all day or in the driveway at home overnight? I really do not want to come out to a dead battery some evening or morning because MFT decided to start up on its own and run for an extended period. Also, isn't MFT supposed to auto-shutoff after a certain amount of time running in ACC mode? If so, isn't it less than about 35 minutes? If this is the case MFT either overrode that or thought the car was fully on.

Man I really hope this was a one-off because I don't want to have to worry about that (and like I said above, in almost two years I have never experienced this one before with any version of MFT).
Old 05-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #3288
dbsimms63
Focus Addict

Fan#: 110359
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
you got a ghost..LOL
Old 05-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #3289
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsimms63 View Post
you got a ghost..LOL
Hah! Well, for the above mentioned reasons I seriously hope this is the ONLY time this particular ghost stops by.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #3290
dbsimms63
Focus Addict

Fan#: 110359
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Hah! Well, for the above mentioned reasons I seriously hope this is the ONLY time this particular ghost stops by.
I had that happen to me, sort of. The MFT had locked up, so I pulled over and shut off the car, but the screen never shut off after 3-5 minutes. So I continued on my way with the system locked up. Finally pulled over for lunch, went in, figured if it killed the battery Ford roadside could come and get it. Came back out and it was off, and it reset itself upon restarting the car.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->