My Ford Touch Thread - Page 328 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #3271
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trol1374 View Post
Mind trying.. Off, off and active. Then see if you still lose them? I know it doesn't fix it, but might see if it is causing it.
Yeah, I'll give it a go for a few days...

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #3272
garyd9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114024
What I Drive: '13 Dark Gray Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 garyd9 Good Standing Member
MFT update with Job2 car:

My job1 2013 focus titanium sedan (job1) was replaced by the dealership due to a multitude of issues. The replacement is a 2013 focus hatch with all the same options, but it's a job 2 car.

So far, I'm noticing the following differences:

Every issue I was able to repeat 100% of the time, I'm STILL able to repeat 100% of the time. This includes ipod shuffle indicator going nuts, A/C indicator showing the wrong information, BT Text messaging not working with voice commands, GPS clock being off 1 hour, etc.

I have noticed one difference, however, in regards to the reverse camera settings: With the new car, I have all the reverse camera settings turned ON, EXCEPT for the "delay" one. With that delay option turned off, if I put the car into reverse before MFT is booted, the settings are NOT cleared. What happens is that the reverse camera starts up with no guidelines or anything, and then they suddenly appear as MFT boots up.

This car has exactly the same MFT firmware (3.5.1) as the previous car. So, perhaps the reverse camera losing settings from going into reverse before bootup is not completely a firmware issue, but at least partially a hardware fault.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #3273
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
....I always set my zoom to auto - but it's been reverting to 0.05 mile over the past couple weeks.
I tried auto for a while and it did seem to alleviate the problem but the constant redrawing was driving me nuts so I didn't keep it there for an extended period to see how it was behaving over time.

All my misbehavior occurs when it is on a single set zoom level.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #3274
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

Points 1,664, Level 23
Points: 1,664, Level: 23 Points: 1,664, Level: 23 Points: 1,664, Level: 23
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 6 slybarman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9 View Post
What happens is that the reverse camera starts up with no guidelines or anything, and then they suddenly appear as MFT boots up.
That is the behavior one would expect. Bad news is that if it is hardware, the rest of us probably wont see a fix.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #3275
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

Points 43, Level 1
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Just curious, and this isn't related to your post, but I am wondering if you like the hatch better?
Old 05-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #3276
garyd9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114024
What I Drive: '13 Dark Gray Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 garyd9 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
Just curious, and this isn't related to your post, but I am wondering if you like the hatch better?
Contrasting just the Sedan vs Hatch, it's hard to say which I like better. They are just different. There are minor points that go back and forth. For example, the rear window on the sedan offers a wider view (more visibility) but the hatch's wing over the window prevents quite a bit of sun glare.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:10 AM   #3277
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Points 1,491, Level 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
And I always set my zoom to auto - but it's been reverting to 0.05 mile over the past couple weeks.
Didn't cross my mind reading this the first time but if you have it set on auto and it ends up at 0.05mi then it is actually doing exactly what mine is - zooming out one increment. I just have a different starting point before it zooms out. Like I said earlier it used to happen under a specific set of conditions but now it is every startup as of late. I set mine on auto this morning just to see what happens over the next couple of days.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #3278
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

Points 4,213, Level 41
Points: 4,213, Level: 41 Points: 4,213, Level: 41 Points: 4,213, Level: 41
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 22%
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%
FF Reputation: 11 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by haloflightleader View Post
And what does it matter which it is? A GPS module, sensor, or MFT itself; I paid for the package, the package that allows me to use a navigation system of reasonable comparability to standalone systems like a Garmin or TomTom. I don't give a rat's ass whether it's the module, sensor, or MFT... I just want it to work -- even if only on principle -- I paid for this shit. I picked out this combination of garbage from the goddamn Ford website.
What does it matter???

If the problem is (for example) the GPS antenna or module, it can easily be replaced by your local dealer.
I thought that was fairly obvious.

I don't think that it's realistic to expect that your car will never need warranty service.
It's better to get your car fixed rather than just getting angry about it.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:55 AM   #3279
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trol1374 View Post
Mind trying.. Off, off and active. Then see if you still lose them? I know it doesn't fix it, but might see if it is causing it.
Yeah, I'll give it a go for a few days...
Switched to those settings yesterday.

First data point...

Shifted into reverse tonight quickly (before a full boot) and active guides were turned off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Didn't cross my mind reading this the first time but if you have it set on auto and it ends up at 0.05mi then it is actually doing exactly what mine is - zooming out one increment. I just have a different starting point before it zooms out. Like I said earlier it used to happen under a specific set of conditions but now it is every startup as of late. I set mine on auto this morning just to see what happens over the next couple of days.
I'm probably just short on sleep, but isn't mine doing the opposite? It zooms in on its own... since it's usually at a 0.25 mile (or maybe 0.1 mile) range, even on auto.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 05-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #3280
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Points 1,491, Level 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
I'm probably just short on sleep, but isn't mine doing the opposite? It zooms in on its own... since it's usually at a 0.25 mile (or maybe 0.1 mile) range, even on auto.
I may have misintepreted what you are saying. I thought you were saying you set yours to auto and it has been reverting to 0.05mi on its own. In other words if you keep hitting zoom in eventually you will get to auto and can go no further. The only option to change anything at that point is to hit zoom out. The first increment upon hitting zoom out once is 0.05mi.

With mine, if a I get eveything displaying correctly I can set it to particular zoom level, say for example 0.25mi. Upon either switching from light to dark mode or turning the car off, it will change itself to a view of 0.5mi after the light-dark switch or subsequent startup. In other words, it jumps to a zoom level that is equivalent to hitting zoom out once (though the scale indicator on the display will still read 0.25mi, it is actually displaying at a zoom level of 0.5mi).

Initially after 3.5.1 was installed it only did this to me if when the light-dark switch occurred while MFT was on. Now it does it after every shutdown/startup as well, even if a light-dark switch had not occurred during my previous drive prior to shutting down.

Fortunately once it zooms out once it doesn't continue after another trigger event occurs. In other words it doesn't continue to zoom out one increment every time I shutdown and startup. I only does it once and then holds that setting going forward. I know what it does and can compensate for it, just set my zoom one increment further in than I really want it and it eventually ends up where I want it (even though the scale display on the screen is wrong the zoom is where I like it).

Really a minor inconvenience as I can workaround it but just another one of those things that leaves me shaking my head and muttering "Why MFT? Why can't you just stay where I set you? Is that too much to ask? Why do you have to adjust settings on your own?"

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.