My Ford Touch Thread - Page 327 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-18-2013, 10:53 PM   #3261
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 9 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by haloflightleader View Post
This thing is just a fail.
What thing?

Are you absolutely certain that there is no problem with the GPS antenna or GPSM (GPS module)?
If not, how can you possibly come to any conclusions as to the source of the problem?

FWIW, I've seen my fair share of bugs (the original MFT version in my car was 2.10) but I have never had a problem with the GPS receiver locking on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #3262
haloflightleader
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 113855
What I Drive: 2013, White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 haloflightleader Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
What thing?

Are you absolutely certain that there is no problem with the GPS antenna or GPSM (GPS module)?
If not, how can you possibly come to any conclusions as to the source of the problem?

FWIW, I've seen my fair share of bugs (the original MFT version in my car was 2.10) but I have never had a problem with the GPS receiver locking on.
I have no way of telling whether the bug is MFT, the GPS sensor or the GPS module itself. Based on my experience with MFT, it has plenty of software problems unto itself. While it is possible that the sensor and module are at fault, I'm inclined to blame MFT sans evidence because of the pattern of bugs it has demonstrated in a short time of aggravating ownership.

I'm open to being proven wrong. In fact, I hope I am because that would mean that that is not a defect in yet another part (of which I've had two). This would mean that it's still the one main part that is the source of my very unpleasant ownership experience thus far.

And what does it matter which it is? A GPS module, sensor, or MFT itself; I paid for the package, the package that allows me to use a navigation system of reasonable comparability to standalone systems like a Garmin or TomTom. I don't give a rat's ass whether it's the module, sensor, or MFT... I just want it to work -- even if only on principle -- I paid for this shit. I picked out this combination of garbage from the goddamn Ford website.

If the navigation system's selling point said something like, will-lose-track-of-its-current-location-a-lot navigation system, I wouldn't have checked that box. If the MyFord Touch checkbox said something like, aggravatingly-disappearing-settings-and-random-reboots-while-you-are-careening-on-the-highway-at-speeds-sure-to-be-fatal-if-interrupted-abruptly My Ford Touch infotainment system, guess what, I wouldn't have checked that box either.

So PHUQ the sensor, PHUQ the module and most certainly PHUQ the god forsaken mistake that is the entire infotainment system. I just want at least -- AT LEAST -- the GPS to work flawlessly. AT LEAST THAT.
Automated Parking System
27city/38hwy
Old 05-18-2013, 11:29 PM   #3263
haloflightleader
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 113855
What I Drive: 2013, White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 haloflightleader Good Standing Member
Quote:
I have no way of telling whether the bug is MFT, the GPS sensor or the GPS module itself. Based on my experience with MFT, it has plenty of software problems unto itself. While it is possible that the sensor and module are at fault, I'm inclined to blame MFT sans evidence because of the pattern of bugs it has demonstrated in a short time of aggravating ownership.

I'm open to being proven wrong. In fact, I hope I am because that would mean that that is not a defect in yet another part (of which I've had two). This would mean that it's still the one main part that is the source of my very unpleasant ownership experience thus far.

And what does it matter which it is? A GPS module, sensor, or MFT itself; I paid for the package, the package that allows me to use a navigation system of reasonable comparability to standalone systems like a Garmin or TomTom. I don't give a rat's ass whether it's the module, sensor, or MFT... I just want it to work -- even if only on principle -- I paid for this shit. I picked out this combination of garbage from the goddamn Ford website.

If the navigation system's selling point said something like, will-lose-track-of-its-current-location-a-lot navigation system, I wouldn't have checked that box. If the MyFord Touch checkbox said something like, aggravatingly-disappearing-settings-and-random-reboots-while-you-are-careening-on-the-highway-at-speeds-sure-to-be-fatal-if-interrupted-abruptly My Ford Touch infotainment system, guess what, I wouldn't have checked that box either.

So PHUQ the sensor, PHUQ the module and most certainly PHUQ the god forsaken mistake that is the entire infotainment system. I just want at least -- AT LEAST -- the GPS to work flawlessly. AT LEAST THAT.
I just said I wanted the GPS to work flawlessly. While this is true, this is actually a tall order. Even the $100 gadgets GPSes have flaws. I should correct myself... I want it at least to keep track of its location reliably just like the standalone system.

If the GPS doesn't know where it is, what else could it do? It is its sole purpose for existing.

It's bad enough I have Sirius built in, but I can argue as bad as it sounds if I was in the desert where there is no cellphone reception for Pandora service and am beyond AM and FM range, in a pinch, as horrible the sound quality is, it will do its primary job and that is to provide content. A GPS that doesn't know where it is only occupies space and adds complexity while providing nothing.
Automated Parking System
27city/38hwy
Old 05-18-2013, 11:38 PM   #3264
Trol1374
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 114168
What I Drive: 2013 gray focus Titanium MFT/nav,

FF Reputation: 1 Trol1374 Good Standing Member
Quote:
No, I don't always wait for it to boot completely? But what does that really mean? Is the boot complete when I see the quadrants? I shouldn't have to wait for anything to boot on principle. It's a car first, a computer second.

I don't know if any other infotainment system requires the user to wait for complete boot before they can make sure the nav stays sane. And besides, there is no navigation until after the whole thing has booted completely.

This thing is just a fail.
Being it is computer driven, it needs to boot up completely or things will mess up. I start my car, then put on seat belt, look around then it is done. Maybe 5-6 seconds. Did you check your camera settings as I previously mentioned? I'm curious if that is something triggering. I did try a few times putting in reverse before boot and never lost the lines. (just a reminder..camera settings mine are at ...off, off and active/fixed.)
My GPS has a problem at times not knowing when I enter onto the highway from the access rd or exiting, but not every time. My Cruze and a Mitsubishi never had that problem.
In sync my ride what updates you showing? Mine are:
Sync VersionGen2 - V3.5.1
Confirmed installations
DA5T-14D546-BB
DA5T-14D546-DB
DA5T-14F496-AH
DA5T-14F497-AJ
DA5T-14F657-AK
Old 05-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #3265
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trol1374 View Post
Do you wait for MFT system to boot before going into reverse? In the settings menu for rear camera--- There are 3 options listed. 1) rear camera delay on/off---- (2)guidelines ((this adds the gray boxes)) (?) on/off and (3) active/fixed auto ect 3 choices. Now, those options I use off, off and active/fixed (one on far left). I don't have issues with lines disappearing. But I do wait for system to completely boot up.
It doesn't matter.

I used to think it did, but clearly it doesn't. My reverse settings are getting increasingly flaky, too.

Over the weekend, they literally were working (it had booted before I shifted into R) and then I shifted back to P for about 10 seconds, then back to R - and they were gone. No rhyme or reason.

In a similar vein, my navigation map settings no longer hold in any predictable manner either. It'll switch from 3D to 2D completely randomly and change my zoom levels on a whim as well.

This is getting to be a serious pain in the ass...

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 05-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #3266
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
In a similar vein, my navigation map settings no longer hold in any predictable manner either. It'll switch from 3D to 2D completely randomly and change my zoom levels on a whim as well.

Yep, likewise. The former is a "now-and-then" thing for me whereas the latter is a constant thing for me. With 3.0.2 whenever I went from the weather map back to regular map it would be zoomed out one increment from the previous setting, 100% of the time. It zoomed out going from light to dark mode (or vice versa) rarely, I'd say about 10% of the time (or less). The scale indicator didn't change to reflect this either. It still showed the same scale as prior to the zoom out.

After 3.5.1 it started zooming out going from light to dark or dark to light mode 100% of the time. Initially this only occurred when the system was on. Then it started zooming out one increment between light and dark even when the car was off, as in I would let it sit overnight in the driveway and start up the next morning and it was zoomed out. Now it zooms out one increment upon every single startup, regardless of ambient lighting conditions it may have been exposed to.

Once it zooms out one increment it stops for me. It doesn't zoom out more and more with each any of the above occurring. Weird thing is that if I go to the weather map now and return to the regular map, it fixes the zoom level. What used to be a 100% bug is now a fix for what used to be a very rare bug but is now, w/3.5.1, a constant bug. Also, cycling through the two 2-d modes and back to 3-d mode fixes it (at least until it switches between light/dark while driving or I shut down/start up).

Since it only zooms out once and then doesn't continue I have resigned myself to setting the zoom level one increment below where I want it and just let it glitch. Then it sits where I want it (even though the scale on the map is then wrong).
Old 05-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #3267
Trol1374
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
It doesn't matter.

I used to think it did, but clearly it doesn't. My reverse settings are getting increasingly flaky, too.

Over the weekend, they literally were working (it had booted before I shifted into R) and then I shifted back to P for about 10 seconds, then back to R - and they were gone. No rhyme or reason.

I don't have those problems on my car. Did you check to see the settings I mentioned, I'm curious if using different ones the key to the problem. Did you check to see your sync updates if they matched what I posted?
Old 05-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #3268
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Yep, likewise. The former is a "now-and-then" thing for me whereas the latter is a constant thing for me. With 3.0.2 whenever I went from the weather map back to regular map it would be zoomed out one increment from the previous setting, 100% of the time. It zoomed out going from light to dark mode (or vice versa) rarely, I'd say about 10% of the time (or less). The scale indicator didn't change to reflect this either. It still showed the same scale as prior to the zoom out.

After 3.5.1 it started zooming out going from light to dark or dark to light mode 100% of the time. Initially this only occurred when the system was on. Then it started zooming out one increment between light and dark even when the car was off, as in I would let it sit overnight in the driveway and start up the next morning and it was zoomed out. Now it zooms out one increment upon every single startup, regardless of ambient lighting conditions it may have been exposed to.

Once it zooms out one increment it stops for me. It doesn't zoom out more and more with each any of the above occurring. Weird thing is that if I go to the weather map now and return to the regular map, it fixes the zoom level. What used to be a 100% bug is now a fix for what used to be a very rare bug but is now, w/3.5.1, a constant bug. Also, cycling through the two 2-d modes and back to 3-d mode fixes it (at least until it switches between light/dark while driving or I shut down/start up).

Since it only zooms out once and then doesn't continue I have resigned myself to setting the zoom level one increment below where I want it and just let it glitch. Then it sits where I want it (even though the scale on the map is then wrong).
I've never had the light-to-dark-to-light problem, actually.

The 2D/3D thing is happening quite frequently now. And I always set my zoom to auto - but it's been reverting to 0.05 mile over the past couple weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trol1374 View Post
I don't have those problems on my car. Did you check to see the settings I mentioned, I'm curious if using different ones the key to the problem. Did you check to see your sync updates if they matched what I posted?
I keep everything on (delay + guidelines + active) and have the latest versions of everything installed.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 05-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #3269
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 6 slybarman Good Standing Member
What MFT lacks in terms of polish and functionality, it makes up for with inconsistency. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #3270
Trol1374
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
I've never had the light-to-dark-to-light problem, actually.

The 2D/3D thing is happening quite frequently now. And I always set my zoom to auto - but it's been reverting to 0.05 mile over the past couple weeks.

I keep everything on (delay + guidelines + active) and have the latest versions of everything installed.
Mind trying.. Off, off and active. Then see if you still lose them? I know it doesn't fix it, but might see if it is causing it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks