My Ford Touch Thread - Page 325 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control


Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #3241
dbsimms63
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fan#: 110359
Location: Carrollton, TX
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

Posts: 737
Points 1,641, Level 23
Points: 1,641, Level: 23 Points: 1,641, Level: 23 Points: 1,641, Level: 23
Level Up 41% Completed
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by estoyloco View Post
Nope still Harman.

This is their latest 8.4AN in Chrysler vehicles
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/harman...130000409.html
Harman makes the radio head unit, amps and speakers, just like Sony does the one in the Focus. I bet the other part of the system is Microsoft.
dbsimms63 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #3242
dbsimms63
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fan#: 110359
Location: Carrollton, TX
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

Posts: 737
Points 1,641, Level 23
Points: 1,641, Level: 23 Points: 1,641, Level: 23 Points: 1,641, Level: 23
Level Up 41% Completed
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well if that's the case, Ford needs to find someone like them to help with this mess. It is funny how the interface of the Uconnect looks very similar to the MFT and some of the commands are similar as well.
dbsimms63 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #3243
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85580
Location: Somewhere in, SC
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

Posts: 395
FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsimms63 View Post
Harman makes the radio head unit, amps and speakers, just like Sony does the one in the Focus. I bet the other part of the system is Microsoft.
Nope otherwise you would have had Microsoft all over it. Hell MS doesn't even advertise it.

Bing is merely an App.

It would be like "oh dude that looks like Slacker makes UConnect", just cause it has a Slacker App on it.

Just like Garman is the Navigation of choice, doesn't mean Garmin made the UConnect.
__________________
EX-Owner of:
Ford Focus 2012 Sedan 303A SEL w/ Winter package
Sterling Grey Metallic - Medium Light Stone Leather
estoyloco is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #3244
dbsimms63
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fan#: 110359
Location: Carrollton, TX
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

Posts: 737
Points 1,641, Level 23
Points: 1,641, Level: 23 Points: 1,641, Level: 23 Points: 1,641, Level: 23
Level Up 41% Completed
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by estoyloco View Post
Nope otherwise you would have had Microsoft all over it. Hell MS doesn't even advertise it.

Bing is merely an App.

It would be like "oh dude that looks like Slacker makes UConnect, just cause it has a Slacker App on it."

Just like Garman is the Navigation of choice, doesn't mean Garmin made the UConnect.
I meant the interface screens, audio, climate, etc., look like the MFT system, that's why I was suspicious of it being MS.
dbsimms63 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #3245
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85580
Location: Somewhere in, SC
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

Posts: 395
FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsimms63 View Post
I meant the interface screens, audio, climate, etc., look like the MFT system, that's why I was suspicious of it being MS.
I will disagree with this statement having owned both systems. The differences are night and day in terms of interface design.
I can take pictures of each screen if you want to see an actual comparison, though I can't show you MFT anymore you will have to use your own car for that ;)

BTW Harman also supplies BMW's infotainment system, though I haven't seen those in action or read up on those.
__________________
EX-Owner of:
Ford Focus 2012 Sedan 303A SEL w/ Winter package
Sterling Grey Metallic - Medium Light Stone Leather
estoyloco is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #3246
garyd9
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Fan#: 114024
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What I Drive: '13 Dark Gray Focus Titanium Hatch

Posts: 152
FF Reputation: 1 garyd9 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My MFT nightmare goes on... and expands....

Brought my focus to a dealership for service of 14 issues (12 MFT, 2 transmission) yesterday. They REFUSED to allow me to show them any of the problems. Literally.. I asked the adviser "can I show you a couple of these issues? It'll only take 30 secs..." and he would respond with "no, I'm too busy." So, a 2pm appt and they said they shouldn't have any problem getting through my list by 5pm (when the service adviser goes home.) I should have become suspicious when they kept trying to get me out of the dealership then... heh..

By a little after 3, they told me that they "don't have time" to work on my car that day and won't even look at it until the next day. (so much for a 2pm appt.)

So, I end up having to get my wife to pick me up... and drive me to work the next day. At almost 2pm, they call my home (I gave them my mobile number as a contact) to say that the car is done and I should come pick it up. I guess they didn't realize I could get my messages remotely.

So, my wife picks me up from my work and brings me to the dealership. My car is parked out front and its COVERED with mud. (I'm so anal about my car, I keep a California car duster in my trunk.) When my wife and I are walking around the car gawking at how dirty it is, I notice some straight white lines under the dirt. I gently wipe away that dirt to find some brand new SCRATCHES. (This car is less than 3 weeks old!)

So, after quite a bit of yelling (and the service director stating that he never wants to see me again), they sent me car off to a body shop. Current estimate is either 1 day (if they can sand out the scratches) or 1 week (if they have to repaint.)

Oh, and the service order is a long, unbroken chain of "unable to repeat problem" notes. Funny that they claim to be unable to repeat things I was willing to demo for them, unable to repeat things that are known and established defects, etc. They also claim that my car (build date of 1/2013 and has never had any firmware updates) already had all the latest transmissions calibrations (including the ones released in conjunction with new TSB's from AFTER I took delivery of the car.)

I guess my car has an automatic and magical firmware updater. No matter what version is current, my car always has it (as long as that one particular dealership is checking it.)

Edit: just heard from the body shop - the scratches are too deep to buff/sand out. They actually have to pull apart the left front of my car (bumper, headlight, fender, door, etc) to repaint and blend. I won't have my car back for AT LEAST a week. I'm a bit angry.

THIS is Ford's customer service?
garyd9 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #3247
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85580
Location: Somewhere in, SC
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

Posts: 395
FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just wait till they give you a free courtesy rental then send a bill to collections in your name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9 View Post
My MFT nightmare goes on... and expands....

Brought my focus to a dealership for service of 14 issues (12 MFT, 2 transmission) yesterday. They REFUSED to allow me to show them any of the problems. Literally.. I asked the adviser "can I show you a couple of these issues? It'll only take 30 secs..." and he would respond with "no, I'm too busy." So, a 2pm appt and they said they shouldn't have any problem getting through my list by 5pm (when the service adviser goes home.) I should have become suspicious when they kept trying to get me out of the dealership then... heh..

By a little after 3, they told me that they "don't have time" to work on my car that day and won't even look at it until the next day. (so much for a 2pm appt.)

So, I end up having to get my wife to pick me up... and drive me to work the next day. At almost 2pm, they call my home (I gave them my mobile number as a contact) to say that the car is done and I should come pick it up. I guess they didn't realize I could get my messages remotely.

So, my wife picks me up from my work and brings me to the dealership. My car is parked out front and its COVERED with mud. (I'm so anal about my car, I keep a California car duster in my trunk.) When my wife and I are walking around the car gawking at how dirty it is, I notice some straight white lines under the dirt. I gently wipe away that dirt to find some brand new SCRATCHES. (This car is less than 3 weeks old!)

So, after quite a bit of yelling (and the service director stating that he never wants to see me again), they sent me car off to a body shop. Current estimate is either 1 day (if they can sand out the scratches) or 1 week (if they have to repaint.)

Oh, and the service order is a long, unbroken chain of "unable to repeat problem" notes. Funny that they claim to be unable to repeat things I was willing to demo for them, unable to repeat things that are known and established defects, etc. They also claim that my car (build date of 1/2013 and has never had any firmware updates) already had all the latest transmissions calibrations (including the ones released in conjunction with new TSB's from AFTER I took delivery of the car.)

I guess my car has an automatic and magical firmware updater. No matter what version is current, my car always has it (as long as that one particular dealership is checking it.)

Edit: just heard from the body shop - the scratches are too deep to buff/sand out. They actually have to pull apart the left front of my car (bumper, headlight, fender, door, etc) to repaint and blend. I won't have my car back for AT LEAST a week. I'm a bit angry.

THIS is Ford's customer service?
__________________
EX-Owner of:
Ford Focus 2012 Sedan 303A SEL w/ Winter package
Sterling Grey Metallic - Medium Light Stone Leather
estoyloco is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:19 AM   #3248
lewisra
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Fan#: 93289
Location: Howell, MI
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Posts: 580
Points 1,245, Level 19
Points: 1,245, Level: 19 Points: 1,245, Level: 19 Points: 1,245, Level: 19
Level Up 45% Completed
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9 View Post
THIS is Ford's customer service?
Sounds like a dealer issue. I'd be speaking with the GM, nicely of course.
lewisra is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #3249
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast
 
oritpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 96148
Location: Portland, OR
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

Posts: 441
FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9 View Post
THIS is Ford's customer service?
That hasn't been my experience with Ford, I'd file a complaint with the BBB and your states DA then find another dealer.
oritpro is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #3250
TiPilot
Focus Addict
 
TiPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fan#: 93667
Location: Dayton, OH
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

Posts: 647
FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Wow! Never? I have had a mixed bag. Sometimes I've lost it all. Sometimes I've lost radio presets and my phone but the wallpaper has remained or lost radio presets and wallpaper but the phone has remained, and generally every other possible combination of loss/remain.

Totally agree though. If the reset is truly and completely supposed to restore the system to factory settings, in which none of that saved info was present, then having some or all of the info remain after the master reset indicates that even this process (Sync support's number one go-to solution/recommendation to fix bugs) has bugs and doesn't consistently complete properly.

Of course remember the 3.0.2 installs? Remember how some got lucky and their set favorites for the star buttons remained as the were set before the install and others, myself included, didn't get so lucky and got stuck with the stupid home screen/info favorites? Shows that even the install process didn't perform consistently between cars.
Well my memory isn't perfect, but I don't believe I've ever lost radio presets. I've lost nav favorites, backgrounds, and a bunch of other settings - but never the presets.

Except when they replaced my APIM. That's the only "truly totally wiped" scenario I think my system's ever seen.

And yeah, my star buttons have been busted ever since that infamous upgrade... it still pisses me off. Those things were handy!
__________________
2012 Focus Ti Hatch | Ingot Silver | 401A, Nav, Winter Pkg, Moon Roof, Parking Tech. Pkg

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
TiPilot is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.