My Ford Touch Thread - Page 322 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #3211
r1ch999999
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106748
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 r1ch999999 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctvfam View Post
can you provide a link to this? ^
312 pages is a lot to dig through
If that's a request for a link to the android radio, no, I can't, I'm not even sure it was on this thread. However, there is a new fangled thing on the internet called Google :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #3212
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsimms63 View Post
Don't know how it will get better since each update rendition removes features and makes the system very glitchy. .
2.11 to 3.0.2 was worse, 3.0.2 to 3.?.? was worse, 3.?.? to 3.5.1 was better. 2.11 compared to 3.5.1, 3.5.1 is overall better. 3.5.1 to 4.?.? will be way better.

Again, JMHO, in what features I use.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #3213
r1ch999999
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106748
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 r1ch999999 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
2.11 to 3.0.2 was worse, 3.0.2 to 3.?.? was worse, 3.?.? to 3.5.1 was better. 2.11 compared to 3.5.1, 3.5.1 is overall better. 3.5.1 to 4.?.? will be way better.

You might have the right idea, it's a Microsoft product and my experience has been that if you stick to the common set of functionality in a Microsoft product you're ok. The minute you start to try to use all the functions you'll find anything outside that common set isn't tested as much and works poorly.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:40 PM   #3214
dbsimms63
Focus Addict

Fan#: 110359
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
Well I'm sure all the people with MFT are keeping their fingers crossed that it will get better, but it looks like a lot of you have been doing this for quite some time. Are your fingers cramped yet..LOL
Old 05-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #3215
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsimms63 View Post
Don't know how it will get better since each update rendition removes features and makes the system very glitchy. The whole system is woefully underpowered both processor, RAM, and overall storage memory. It's hard to "add" things when you have no place to put it. Looks like Ford is aware of the memory/storage problem, that's whey they keep trying to streamline the program by removing features. As far as I have read, Ford hasn't "added" anything, just removed items.
This is exactly why I am turning MFT into a dumb terminal and developing a homebrew solution.

Ironically, I started out doing Android mirroring to MFT and now I am building a full blown head unit---complete with speech recognition, gesture control, and a working FM tuner!.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #3216
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post

What? You have a problem with poor 3.2.2 (all couple of weeks of its short life span)? You refuse to refer to it by name, just question marks? JK. All it did for me was put temp back to the main screen but everything else 3.0.2 broke was still broken (and I got lucky w/3.2.2 because I was not one of the ones that ended up with the messed up climate display after install).

2.11 still functioned the best for me. Voice commands for music were highly accurate and reliable for me, my BT call quality was the best with that one also, and the nav system didn't take so long to lock on to a GPS signal. After 3.0.2 destroyed my system 3.5.1 was definitely a step up for me but still not as good as 2.11 was (though admittedly even though 3.0.2 broke so many other damn things my nav with 3.0.2 did not show me driving through fields, woods, in ditches, on different roads, and over bodies of water like 3.5.1 is fond of doing on random occassions).

Guess we'll all see what vN.E.X.T brings I guess. Hopefully something good!
Old 05-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #3217
dbsimms63
Focus Addict

Fan#: 110359
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
This is exactly why I am turning MFT into a dumb terminal and developing a homebrew solution.

Ironically, I started out doing Android mirroring to MFT and now I am building a full blown head unit---complete with speech recognition, gesture control, and a working FM tuner!.
Gets this working correctly, sell it to Ford and become another Mark Cuban
Old 05-14-2013, 07:21 PM   #3218
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
"Only half of all owners said they were highly satisfied with the Touch systems."

Interesting that half of the MFT owners got a good system while the other half got a bad one.
I must be one of the lucky ones as mine works consistently well (with nav and 2 USB devices connected).

Maybe one day I will come to realize that MFT really sucks as others say. Until then, I will enjoy using it.
Awesome! So you got the version of 3.5.1 that doesn't zoom out one level when the screen switches from light to dark mode or vice versa (yet the scale indicator still remains the same as was previous found on the screen)? You got the version of 3.5.1 that doesn't give "please choose" lists when you ask it to play a song and lines 2-4 are the same song title followed by the names of bands that have no song by that title (meaning it understood the title completely but is still throwing in random forcing-the-user-to-unnecessarily-look-at-the-screen crap that serves no purpose other than increasing driver distraction)? You got the version of 3.5.1 (and 3.0.2 for that matter) that does not take 7-10 minutes to lock on to a GPS signal? You got the version of 3.5.1 that keeps you on the road you are on all the time? You got the version of 3.0.2 didn't render BT calling impossible because of the "wind tunnel" effect? You got the version of 3.0.2 that didn't render voice commands for music unusable?

Again, awesome for you. Guess you are truly one of the lucky ones. I didn't experience these issues with 2.11 but your comment has changed my point of view. Maybe one day I will come to realize that constantly working around these issues that I didn't experience prior to being upgraded is really a good thing. Until then, I will continue to have to cycle through the map view or switch to the weather map and back in order to get my zoom level back to the set scale, I will continue to run reboots to get my Sirius traffic back on the map, I will continue to look at the screen when I ask it to play a song and roll my eyes at the 3 line of BS and tell it to play line #1 because that is what I said to begin with, and so on and so forth.

Again, good for you!
Old 05-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #3219
jcw122
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111081
What I Drive: 2014 Race Red SE 201A Hatch - MTX

FF Reputation: 2 jcw122 Good Standing Member
I really wish the Titanium didn't include MFT standard...yuck.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:57 PM   #3220
haloflightleader
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 113855
What I Drive: 2013, White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 haloflightleader Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw122 View Post
Is the general consensus among the community to avoid MFT Ford cars right now? Considering a 2013 Focus soon.
Hmm... that's a loaded question.

I just bought one (see sig). And the main deciding factor for me was the infotainment system. I paid extra for it.

I come from a Mercedes-Benz SLK230 just to give you perspective.
1. The focus is fun to drive although weaker than my previous car.
2. The Michellin Pilot Sport 3 that came with the Titanium handling package is phenomenal.
3. The car is quiet.
4. The car is smooth.
5. I love the overall amenities.
6. I hate that the left elbow rest seems low so my left elbow is uncomfortably hanging on my shoulder.
7. Ford customer service (at least Sunrise Ford in North Hollywood) sucks compared to the various Mercedes Benz service centers I've taken my previous vehicle to. If or when there is a defect in a brand new car you just bought, in your face they will make you feel like you are lying to them or enjoy wasting their time and yours by complaining about bullshit that doesn't exist. And then after you show beyond a shadow of a doubt the defect exists, they change their tone, "Oh, thank you so much for being a part of the troubleshooting process". After which all they have to do is call in the part and replace the defective one.
8. MyFord Trash, MyFord Torture, MyFord Aggravation Generator IS A $900 PIECE OF SH!T! The nav is basically useless because it loses its mind at random times, it thinks you're driving somewhere else and so the directions it gives you are consequently as screwed up. Just look at all the complaints about it in this thread.

Personally, and I'll get shot by saying this, I picked the Focus because for the price it had the most sophisticated infotainment system. Instead it had sophisticated bugs even its manufacturer can't resolve three major revisions into it. That said, I would have bought a different vehicle if not for the MyFord Touch. That really was the selling point for me.
9. It's a really good looking car.

If the infotainment is the biggest selling point for you. Focus your research on that aspect of the next vehicle you're thinking of getting. Make sure that it isn't as aggravating as this PoS.
Automated Parking System
27city/38hwy

Bookmarks & Social Networks