My Ford Touch Thread - Page 32 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-21-2012, 10:50 AM   #311
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaimav View Post
Why no Android version?
I'm sure one is coming soon, but it's easier to build an app to run on one operating system that only has a handful of different hardware configurations and only 2 different resolutions than it is to build one for an OS that has several iterations, different hardware, different screen sizes/resolutions, and any number of extras each manufacturer has added to their version of Android... such at Motorola with MotoBlur.
Sonic Crew #28
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #312
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunka View Post
I came across this today. It's an app for the iPhone simulating and explaining the new"upgraded" MyFordTouch.
6 times as many android users as iphone and it's only available there?

EDIT -

oops, beat me to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaimav View Post
Why no Android version?
Old 02-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #313
pil__
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90074
What I Drive: 2012 Red Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 pil__ Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Forget Android. Microsoft is developing MFT, but Ford released the iPhone app. Why not a Windows Mobile App?
Old 02-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #314
voip-ninja
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87642
What I Drive: 2004 Audi A4 Quattro

FF Reputation: 1 voip-ninja Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post

EDIT -

oops, beat me to it
Our company builds apps for iOS and for Android as one of the many things we do (we do a lot more than app development).

iOS apps are always done before the Android ones, for reasons that others have pointed out (iOS has common platform development, where-as Android development is very fragmented).

I'm sure they have an Android version in the works too. Another reason they may have released the iOS app 1st is that they currently say that the iPhone 4/S is the "best" capability phone for use with Sync.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #315
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
I noticed they are starting to slip in some shots of the new screens (climate, music) on the site.

http://syncsupport.ford.com/servlet/...h-myford-touch
Old 02-26-2012, 11:16 PM   #316
Gorcho
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87860
What I Drive: 2012 Hatchbk Yellow Blaze Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Gorcho Good Standing Member
I just want a stable platform, thats all
Old 02-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #317
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Crap. New member here.
Will pick up my new SEL with MFT and NAV in about 5 hours. Just now reading about this problems. Since I have been a windows users for decades, I guess I can deal with freezing and minor bugs until the update (Ford is now advertising 2013 models on the website, so it can't be far off) but one bug i have read about on here concerns me. I have hearing problems. Deaf in one ear and very sensitive in the other. I like listening to music on low. But that problem where the volume keeps going up is scary to me. I don't want to be driving and have an uncontrollable volume increase -- possibly damaging my hearing further.

Any tips on what a new MFT user should do to upon first getting the system or when first encountering a problem. Anything I should do specifically when the volume starts climbing uncontrollable (assuming I'm driving at the time)?

Does the MFT system have a volume limiter?
Old 02-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #318
jcornwall
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88283
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti YB Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 jcornwall Good Standing Member
My MFT hasn't been able to stream audio over Bluetooth from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus for a while now.

It pairs fine (and I've deleted and redone that a few times), appears in the music list and starts playing on the phone when I select it. But no audio (or track listing but I can't remember if that ever worked). Used to work just great, albeit a little unstable on occasion.

Roll on new update I guess.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #319
bsp_53
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87580
What I Drive: 2012 FF Titanium HB, Yellow Blaze

FF Reputation: 1 bsp_53 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
Crap. New member here.
Will pick up my new SEL with MFT and NAV in about 5 hours. Just now reading about this problems. Since I have been a windows users for decades, I guess I can deal with freezing and minor bugs until the update (Ford is now advertising 2013 models on the website, so it can't be far off) but one bug i have read about on here concerns me. I have hearing problems. Deaf in one ear and very sensitive in the other. I like listening to music on low. But that problem where the volume keeps going up is scary to me. I don't want to be driving and have an uncontrollable volume increase -- possibly damaging my hearing further.

Any tips on what a new MFT user should do to upon first getting the system or when first encountering a problem. Anything I should do specifically when the volume starts climbing uncontrollable (assuming I'm driving at the time)?

Welcome, Matt

While am by no means a MFT expert, I have had the "uncontrollable" volume increase happen ONCE in 8,770 miles. I was able to control the volume manually with the volume dial on the stereo face (actual knob, not MFT interface). It kept goint up (like one tick every 20 seconds or so) and I kept turning it down. I wouldn't be concerned, if I were you, especially since you are getting your SEL so close to the much anticipated software update.

I do not believe that there is a volume limiter in MFT.

Hatch Nation #174
Old 02-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #320
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
Crap. New member here.

I've had it happen a few times but have always been able to turn it down manually (steering wheel controls locked but the manual knob has worked). You should be OK for the short time before the upgrade releases.

Where are you getting your car?

Bookmarks & Social Networks