My Ford Touch Thread - Page 316 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-07-2013, 10:28 AM   #3151
garyd9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114024
What I Drive: '13 Dark Gray Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 garyd9 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1ch999999 View Post
Their hardware is probably fine, a software fix isn't that expensive. If anyone thinks they'll do a ground up software change they're smoking dope. The best we can hope for as a halt of new features and a series of updates that are only bug fixes.
Why not just fix the issues with the existing system and stop trying to change things? Most of the bugs are obvious things and should be trivial to fix if someone pays attention.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #3152
dbsimms63
Focus Addict

Fan#: 110359
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Yes, they will. Hopefully I'll be able to say "I told you so".

".(Unsatisfied Suckers of America)" ouch, that's kind of like flying the flag upside down. JMHO.
Didn't mean it as a hit against America, just that the American consumers are treated like suckers by the Big Three and are usually unsatisfied by the resolutions presented to them by the corporate entities. I would never dis the United States, and if it came across as such, please accept my sincerest apologies.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #3153
garyd9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114024
What I Drive: '13 Dark Gray Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 garyd9 Good Standing Member
So now my "MyFord Touch" complaints with Ford have moved into the "game playing" stage. I'm told I have to talk to a specific customer service manager who just happens to NEVER be at their desk, and NEVER returns their phone calls.

I've seen this game before with other companies, and it's usually an intentional strategy to string the customer out long enough for them to get frustrated and go away.

What Ford doesn't seem to understand is that, as I get frustrated, I'm not going to go away. Instead, I'm going to get louder, more vocal, and start calling OTHER resources instead of Ford Motor Corp. Resources like my state Attorney General, a private lawyer, the reporters for my local news channels, news papers, consumer reports, car review websites, etc. Perhaps I'll stand in front of my local dealership and exercise my "right to assembly" with a sign saying "FORD LIES TO CUSTOMERS ABOUT SYNC!"

The local news channels will be the most fun. I'm sure they'll LOVE the story of a single poor customer being abused by the Giant Behemoth known as Ford. I'm sure having them show, on television, all the flaws in MyFord touch will just do wonderful things for Ford's sales numbers.

I realize there are a few Ford customer service employees that keep an eye around here... hopefully one of them can step in and help.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #3154
dbsimms63
Focus Addict

Fan#: 110359
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
You sound like a younger me..:-) I fought Ford over my 1996 Mustang Cobra, and won. You have to be tenacious and willing to go the distance. I wish you good luck. If you can get the story on the National wire, your local affiliates will influence buyers locally, but to hurt Ford where it counts, it has to be National News.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #3155
Dick W
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91695
What I Drive: 2012 5dr SGM Ti/09 135i/07 CR-V

FF Reputation: 2 Dick W Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9 View Post
There's an EULA?
Check the manuals for the car and MFT. IIIRC, there are page after page after page in one or both of them.

Update: 6 pages in the Owner's Manual (this is a 2012, 5th edition PDF). Every single page of the 2012 Touch manual, 3rd edition PDF, says "See End User License Agreement at the end of this book" in the footer. 18 pages of EULA.

Yes, there's an EULA.

I haven't read any of it. Life is too short. I'm certain in advance that it disclaims responsibility and liability for anything and says the end user has no rights and whoever is licensing the code has all the rights.

Last edited by Dick W; 05-07-2013 at 09:55 PM. Reason: added EULA details
Old 05-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #3156
Dick W
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
You know how that will turn out - plaintiff's lawyers will get millions, you will get a coupon for $5 off your next Ford or a happy meal.
Yah. It'd be $5 off on your next Ford equipped with MFT.

Oh, and we'd have to fill out an affadavit listing the days and number of hours we've used the vehicle and what we've done with MFT in each use to be eligible.

I take it you've been down this path before?
Old 05-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #3157
Dick W
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Ford will fix MFT, just not as fast as we would like.
I'm with the other posters who are no longer confident Ford would know how to fix it--even if they are (were) motivated to try. If they have demonstrated anything in the tortured history of MFT it's that they haven't a clue how to develop/test MFT software in a way that results in quality code going out the door.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #3158
Dick W
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9 View Post
Why not just fix the issues with the existing system and stop trying to change things? Most of the bugs are obvious things and should be trivial to fix if someone pays attention.
What, are you new here? (ironic smile) We all thought that after we'd had our own first month or two at this movie. I applaud your optimism--but I gotta warn you...

Many of the bugs in 3.5.1 weren't even in the version before it. Each version I've had since Dec '11 has been like that. Fix Some Stuff. Break Some stuff. Eliminate Some Features. Add Some Features. Some Of Which Actually Work. Crash Different. Do Different Random Non-Reproducible Things. Don't Fix Obvious Stupid Stuff That Other Car Manufacturer's Were Getting Right A Decade Ago. Etc.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #3159
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1ch999999 View Post
Their hardware is probably fine, a software fix isn't that expensive. If anyone thinks they'll do a ground up software change they're smoking dope. The best we can hope for as a halt of new features and a series of updates that are only bug fixes.
Software fixes really aren't that cheap. Fundamentally, there's a development effort followed by a validation effort. A code change might fix one thing and break something else, and the cycle repeats itself.

What is true however is that the sooner bugs are found the cheaper they are to fix.

Ford isn't the only car manufacturer struggling in the infotainment space, they all suck at it right now.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #3160
r1ch999999
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106748
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 r1ch999999 Good Standing Member
A SW fix using the existing hardware would be cheaper than new hardware. With the new hardware you have the same cost as the SW fixes plus the cost of the hardware plus the cost of the original validation that was done with the first hardware set.

Their best bet is to dump Microsoft and go with Android, at least for the future, that gets them a stable base and access to all the support that's already in place for apps/etc.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->