My Ford Touch Thread - Page 314 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control


Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 11:05 PM   #3131
garyd9
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Fan#: 114024
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What I Drive: '13 Dark Gray Focus Titanium Hatch

Posts: 152
FF Reputation: 1 garyd9 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trol1374 View Post
Only issues I have in my 2013 is the stupid map that doesn't understand half the time the difference on being on an access rd or the actual highway.
Maybe we should compare to see if everyone has the latest updates. I don't have reboot problems, don't lose camera lines. But, I don't use an iPod or iPhone. I have an android phone.
Some tests for you:

Go into your car and start it. Immediately put the car into reverse (before MFT is finished booting.) The camera guidelines likely won't show up (and you'll have to reset that setting.) Ford knows about this. (There are other cases when the guidelines disappear, but I can't repeat them on demand.)

Once back to the MFT "home" screen, tap the time on the top center. Set the option for it to auto-determine the timezone, and then tap the option to reset the clock to the GPS. Is the time correct? (Most likely, it'll be off by one hour - unless you live in an area that doesn't use DST.)

While the engine is still running, on the A/C panel below the MFT screen, press and hold to "AUTO" button for 5 seconds (to ensure automatic mode is enabled and dual mode is disabled.) Set the temp to 72 degrees using the left-side dial. If the display for that lower section says "A/C On", go ahead and tap the A/C button on that lower control so the display says "A/C off." Now turn off the car and open the car door. Wait for MFT to shutdown. Now restart the engine and wait for MFT to reboot. Look at the lower climate control display again and you'll likely see that same "A/C off." Once MFT is done booting, tap the lower right corner (for the climate control in MFT.) Look at the "A/C" soft button in the MFT climate control. Does it indicate that A/C is on (with the yellow "light" inside the button?) It SHOULD indicate the same as the lower control, but when repeating this test, it doesn't. (If you aren't sure about the MFT soft button, tap it to toggle it on and off so you can see the difference.)

These are three different things that I can reliably repeat 100% of the time in any 2013 vehicle equipped with MFT and the 3.5.1 firmware -- without using ipod's, without pairing any phones, etc.

There are other issues that I either can't reliably repeat, or require an iPod (5th generation which is supposedly fully supported) or a specific android phone model with outdated firmware.
garyd9 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-07-2013, 12:28 AM   #3132
Trol1374
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Fan#: 114168
Location: San Antonio, TX
What I Drive: 2013 gray focus Titanium MFT/nav,

Posts: 45
FF Reputation: 1 Trol1374 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I wait for it to boot, so no issue. Why rush it. Get in, start car, put on seat belt, look around area for traffic, by then it's done booting. I did try not waiting, lines did show up and never went away. Restarted, tried again, still there.

If time is correct, then why worry about messing with it? Unless your saying when traveling to new time zone or when DST ends? I did try reset to GPS and time was off an hour. I didn't wait to see if it would update. I'll try that later.

A/c did do as you mentioned.

I will agree about the sales pitch. Bought my car two weeks ago. A 13 titanium, salesman was telling me about app link and how neat it was. I asked him to show me. He couldn't get it to work, said I had to register on sync my ride first then it would. Couldn't get it to send txt and same response. I bought car and said come back to meet sync guru to learn how. I show up next day, after I read in manual that MFT doesn't work with it. I didn't say anything. Let sync guru go at it for 30 mins trying to figure out how to get pandora to work. I couldn't take it anymore and pointed to page in book. He replies, oh no wonder it won't work. I asked if I was the only one asking about it and said they don't sell to many MFT and ppl haven't asked about that feature. I then told salesman, they both looked surprised and said that is what they have been taught in classes ( push app link).

Razr HD does sync just fine, and stream very well. (No data of course). In regards to text, I can receive with picture of contact. If I use a third party txt app, no send. If I use just the stock txt app, it puts the canned response in the txt app, but won't send. If I manually send a "." Then it pushes out the msg from car. But, this is a Bluetooth issue with android Jellybean.

Last edited by Trol1374; 05-07-2013 at 03:15 AM.
Trol1374 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:53 AM   #3133
Dick W
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91695
Location: Denver, CO
What I Drive: 2012 5dr SGM Ti/09 135i/07 CR-V

Posts: 172
FF Reputation: 2 Dick W Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paladin732 View Post
Has there been any talk of a class action against Ford for MFT?
Normally I don't think this way. But I've been wondering this too since it increasingly appears that Ford isn't ever going to fix it. Perhaps they aren't even capable of fixing it--perhaps because they don't know how and can't hire anybody who does or perhaps because, as has been suggested here, the hardware platform isn't up to the task. Clearly they wouldn't know how to test it before declaring it fixed. A class action does seem like a possibility. Think also of what the reputation of the thing has done to value of the vehicles. Think also of all the updates and the headache associated with all the updates and, worse, the fact that all the updates so far have, net, made it little better given the new bugs and breakages they've introduced with each one.

I've got to believe that discovery would yield a huge trove of internal Ford documents showing they knew/know it's chock full of problems and still they sell it and advertise it and charge a hefty premium for it to this day.

One problem might be the pages of end user license agreement in the manual that probably declare 100x over that it may not work and Ford may not care. Still, I'm not sure that would insulate them if you could demonstrate their bad faith in marketing and selling, for several years now, something they KNEW wasn't working.

Googling 'my ford touch class action' comes up empty, FWIW.
Dick W is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #3134
slybarman
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Fan#: 105425
Location: the not-so-free state, MD
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

Posts: 990
FF Reputation: 3 slybarman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick W View Post
Normally I don't think this way. But I've been wondering this too since it increasingly appears that Ford isn't ever going to fix it. Perhaps they aren't even capable of fixing it--perhaps because they don't know how and can't hire anybody who does or perhaps because, as has been suggested here, the hardware platform isn't up to the task. Clearly they wouldn't know how to test it before declaring it fixed. A class action does seem like a possibility. Think also of what the reputation of the thing has done to value of the vehicles. Think also of all the updates and the headache associated with all the updates and, worse, the fact that all the updates so far have, net, made it little better given the new bugs and breakages they've introduced with each one.

I've got to believe that discovery would yield a huge trove of internal Ford documents showing they knew/know it's chock full of problems and still they sell it and advertise it and charge a hefty premium for it to this day.

One problem might be the pages of end user license agreement in the manual that probably declare 100x over that it may not work and Ford may not care. Still, I'm not sure that would insulate them if you could demonstrate their bad faith in marketing and selling, for several years now, something they KNEW wasn't working.

Googling 'my ford touch class action' comes up empty, FWIW.
You know how that will turn out - plaintiff's lawyers will get millions, you will get a coupon for $5 off your next Ford or a happy meal.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
__________________
MK3 Focus = a lot of good ideas rather poorly executed.
slybarman is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #3135
garyd9
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Fan#: 114024
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What I Drive: '13 Dark Gray Focus Titanium Hatch

Posts: 152
FF Reputation: 1 garyd9 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trol1374 View Post
In regards to text, I can receive with picture of contact. If I use a third party txt app, no send. If I use just the stock txt app, it puts the canned response in the txt app, but won't send. If I manually send a "." Then it pushes out the msg from car. But, this is a Bluetooth issue with android Jellybean.
Really? Can you confirm that, with your Razr HD paired, you are able to use the following voice commands (without getting an error response):

"Messages"

"Listen to text messages" (not "listen to message 1")

"Reply to Message"

"Forward message"

My reason for asking is that I've gone through a stack of android phones (including two that are on the so-called compatibility list) and each one of them gives a verbal error in response to the above voice commands. The verbal error will state the phone isn't compatible with text messaging (even though text messaging works fine with the touch interface and with the verbal command "listen to message 1" works fine.)

IF your phone works, I'm starting to have very strong suspicions why it's not working for the other phones. Motorola is one of the very few companies that supports the old "AT" style commands for manipulating text messages. It's possible that some of the voice commands are using that older interface. (Of course, its also possible it's just looking at the phone model and ignoring other phones...)

Take care
Gary
garyd9 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #3136
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 87742
Location: Rochester, NY
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Posts: 1,847
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paladin732 View Post
Actually, not to mention the fact that they sold people the car one way, and took features away also.

Yes, they are small things, like the favorites buttons. But whats to say that its not the feature that made someone decide I MUST HAVE THIS MFT THING.
I was one of those and quite frankly I don't consider them small things in the least. They were major factors in my decision. The two in particular for me were the programmable favorites buttons (awesomely convenient and helpful) and the ability to choose homescreen options, specifically the wallpaper-only homescreen. In the entire time I owned my car prior to 3.0.2 it was never once set to default to the 4-quad or shortcut screens because I found both of those hideous to look at. The entertainment screen was slick looking and there was much more information contained in the corner tabs which was convenient as well.

Now I am stuck starting up the car and getting to the map screen as quick as possible because I am forced into looking at the horrible 4-quad screen. No choice anymore. Can't go to the Ent screen either because that only serves as a slap-in-the-face reminder of how it used to look. Oh well, at least a quick hit of Star 2 gets me to the map. Oh wait, it doesn't because I can't set it that way anymore like I used to be able to.

So even if one were to consider them small things individually (which I don't) when you add all of them up then cumulatively the loss is significant. This is nowhere near the system I was sold. The system I was shown was the major driving force in my decision to buy my first Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9 View Post
However, I'd have serious doubts about making a major purchase from any company that can't get something as simple as a clock programmed correctly.
Which is exactly why we will never see Applink with MFT. Seriously, they can't even get (cutting edge) technology such as a clock in a car to work consistently so there is no way they are ever going to get Applink to work with MFT. They have already demonstrated that their only approach to trying to fix the system is a policy of feature/function removal. We are never going to see feature addition.

When I first got my car with 2.11 I had issues with the clock jumping to random times but when I went in changed it to "set by GPS" the problem went away entirely. DST time? One button to compensate for the hour while still keeping it set by GPS. Since 3.5.1 and my discovery that the option is no longer there my clock has frozen twice (no issues with jumping to random times, just frozen on a particular time both times). I then have to go into settings, reset the clock to GPS time, and then manually adjust for the hour. Hard? No. But not necessary either as before it worked fine.

To be honest when I first got my car I was fully aware that it did not have Applink and for that reason I do not feel I am owed it or Ford is obligated to provide it in any way. Nice to have? Yes I suppose it might be but certainly not part of what I bought and I knew that. The rest, however, are things I was aware of that were there when I bought it (and major parts of the reason I bought it) so I do feel I am owed those back as I paid for them.
__________________
.
.......here's a lockpick. It might come in handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you.
copernicium112 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #3137
garyd9
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Fan#: 114024
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What I Drive: '13 Dark Gray Focus Titanium Hatch

Posts: 152
FF Reputation: 1 garyd9 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick W View Post
One problem might be the pages of end user license agreement in the manual that probably declare 100x over that it may not work and Ford may not care. Still, I'm not sure that would insulate them if you could demonstrate their bad faith in marketing and selling, for several years now, something they KNEW wasn't working.
There's an EULA? I didn't agree to any such thing. I don't remember clicking "okay" on anything like that, or opening an envelope, signing anything, etc. You say it's in the manual? I guess I haven't read that far. Just out of curiosity, what action does a user take to accept that EULA?

Being there's no required action to accept the EULA, and it's NOT mentioned in any of the documentation I signed when I bought the car, I don't think I'm subject to it. If there is an EULA, then I hereby declare my refusal to accept said agreement. Assuming it covers the entire MyFord Touch system, that renders my car inoperable (as there's no way to start the car without also starting MFT.)

This just gets better and better....
garyd9 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #3138
garyd9
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Fan#: 114024
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What I Drive: '13 Dark Gray Focus Titanium Hatch

Posts: 152
FF Reputation: 1 garyd9 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
You know how that will turn out - plaintiff's lawyers will get millions, you will get a coupon for $5 off your next Ford or a happy meal.
Sad, but very true. However, once that can of worms is opened, Ford will be more likely to actually fix the issues. If they don't, they'll have an endless chain of lawsuits against them - and there will be precedent for those suits.
garyd9 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:17 AM   #3139
lewisra
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Fan#: 93289
Location: Howell, MI
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Posts: 550
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ford will fix MFT, just not as fast as we would like.
lewisra is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #3140
garyd9
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Fan#: 114024
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What I Drive: '13 Dark Gray Focus Titanium Hatch

Posts: 152
FF Reputation: 1 garyd9 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I've read in various places that Ford extended the warranty for MFT from 3 to 5 years for all 2011-2013 vehicles. However, is this a FACT or just a rumor? Searching google, all I can find are various "news" websites saying that someone else said that Ford will extend the warranty...

However, I can't find anything directly from Ford stating this. There's no mention of this extension in any of the warranty documentation I have, and the most recent warranty's (as published on the support.ford.com website) for the 2012 and 2013 ford focus vehicles doesn't show this.

So - what, exactly, IS the warranty for the MFT on my 2013 Ford Focus? 3 years or 5 years?

Thanks
Gary
garyd9 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.