My Ford Touch Thread - Page 30 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #291
bsp_53
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87580
What I Drive: 2012 FF Titanium HB, Yellow Blaze

FF Reputation: 1 bsp_53 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Page 2:
1Q2012 – Approximately two-three weeks prior to actual Performance Upgrade customer mailing, full
Performance Upgrade details, reimbursement claiming instructions and Q&A will be provided in a Dealer
communication posted on FMCDealer
1Q2012 – Customer Performance Upgrade mailings commence, with follow up’s in April and June
PERFORMANCE UPGRADED TRAINING COURSES & MATERIALS TIMING
The following MyFord and MyLincoln Touch technology training materials and web-based courses will be
updated to reflect the changes associated with the Performance Upgrade:
November 2011
• Talking Technology Sales & Delivery Guide Performance Upgrade Section
• Fast Facts
December 2011
• Video On Demand Performance Upgrade
• Delivery Checklist Supplement Performance Upgrade
• Technology Information Guide
January 2012
• Technology Information Book
• Web-Based Product Training w/ ATS Certification (Sales 3494W/Service3507W)
• How to video
• Tech Bytes
February 2012
• eSource Book/Product Portfolio Online
• Source Book/Product Portfolio (hardcopy)
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES AND Q&A
As always, relevant support material is continuously added or Performance Upgraded on either SYNC
Central or www.SYNCMYRIDE.com. Additional pertinent product information is contained in the monthly
release of Frontline Magazine, SYNChronize newsletter, SYNCbytes as well as through In-Dealership
and Centralized Market training.
Below are specific questions and answers which can help address potential questions posed to you by
either local media or customers regarding the attached press release.
Why are you revealing the Performance Upgrade at the LA Auto Show? We’re not. We are revealing
the new 2013MY Ford Escape, Taurus and Flex and Lincoln MKS and MKT. We are pleased to announce
these vehicles contain the enhanced version of MyFord/MyLincoln Touch, which has a new look and
features our customers have told us they want. Concurrently, we are also using this time, to provide
existing MyFord and MyLincoln Touch owners with the opportunity to receive the same enhanced
Hatch Nation #174
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #292
bsp_53
Focus Addict

Page 3 of 4:

What new features have you added? Customers will now be able to connect compatible tablet devices
like Apple iPad to SYNC and access content such as music and podcasts. Also, we’ve enabled
Audible.com audiobooks to be accessed via SYNC. Customers that purchased the optional navigation
system will also receive an SD card with new and improved map data, as well as an updated Point-of-
Interest and Gracenote album cover art database.
How is the system faster? The response time of the touchscreen and the voice button is at least twice as
fast as the current system. As well, the transition time between screens is significantly improved.
How is the new upgrade simpler? We have re-designed the graphics of the touchscreen by removing
low priority information, using larger and bolder fonts, clearly identifying buttons, simplifying the home
screen, and using a consistent grid-based lay-out for all four corners (navigation, phone, entertainment,
and climate).

How has voice recognition experience been enhanced? We’ve improved the software to help ensure a better voice recognition experience. For instance, the response time when pressing the voice button is
quicker, so drivers won’t experience a delay when conducting a voice request. Also, we’ve removed some command requirements, such as the need to state a street direction (i.e. “North” Telegraph Road) and
extraneous artist information (i.e. Justin Bieber “[featuring Usher]”), making it easier to get what you want. And, we’ve added new features such as SIRIUS Game Finder, which allows you to simply say “Tune to the
Lions game” and it will find which station is broadcasting the game. In addition, we have improved the online training materials available to customers.

When does this software become available? We’re launching the software with the new 2013 models of
Taurus, Escape and Flex which go into production early next year. The 2013 models of Explorer, Edge,
Focus and Lincoln MKX, MKT and MKS will also feature the software enhancements.
Will Lincoln products receive these Performance Upgrades? Yes, 2013MY Lincoln vehicles equipped
with MyLincoln Touch will receive upgrades to their MyLincoln Touch interfaces.
Will this Performance Upgrade fix all the problems customers have been having with MyFord
Touch? This Performance Upgrade will not only address the issues customers have been having with
MyFord Touch, but based on customer feedback, also will make the system simpler and easier to use thus
greatly enhancing the ownership experience.
Will this software Performance Upgrade solve your quality issues reported by JD Power and
Consumer Reports? This software Performance Upgrade is the result of listening, learning and
responding to our customers. Therefore we’re confident the ownership experience will be significantly
improved, and the resulting third party quality testing will reflect this improvement.
Will the system still have black screens or reboots while driving? No, we do not expect customers will
experience these issues anymore.
How do you know that these issues won’t happen again? We are confident in our testing process.
How can you keep up with compatibility of new phones? Software is continuously changing on
existing phones and could cause another issue. Phone compatibility is one of our key areas of focus
because there is an incredible amount of variety in phones and software levels. We are improving our
compatibility testing methods, and planning to do it on a more consistent basis to keep up with the
constant introduction of new devices.
When will you offer the Performance Upgrade to existing owners? Concurrent with the 2013MY
vehicle launches early next year, we’re planning to mail a USB flash drive with the software to owners of
2011 Explorer, Edge, 2012 Focus and 2011 Lincoln MKX for self- installation. Owners will also be able to
visit their local dealer and have the software Performance Upgrade installed.
Hatch Nation #174
Old 02-19-2012, 10:17 PM   #293
bsp_53
Focus Addict

4 of 4:

Will current owners need to visit a dealer to get this new software? Does it require any equipment
replacement or mechanical work? No, owners will receive a package in the mail which includes a USB
flash drive with the software pre-installed. Instructions how to download the software will be included in
the package. If an owner prefers to have a Dealer do the installation for them, they are welcome to visit
their local Ford or Lincoln dealer. The process does not require any equipment changes; it is simply a software download.

How long will the Performance Upgrade download take? It will take approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour
to complete the process.

Do existing customers need to have the latest software level Performance Upgrade (134/BM) in order to get the new performance software upgrade? No. However, if customer is currently experiencing a concern with their MyFord or My Lincoln Touch interface, they should be advised to contact
their local Dealer or the In Vehicle Technology Center (1-800-392-3673, option #3) for further assistance
and guidance

How much will the Performance Upgrade cost current owners? The Performance Upgrade will be
performed at no charge to existing owners.
What are current owners with problems supposed to do until this software launches next year?
Owners who may be experiencing problems should contact their local dealer to make sure they have the
latest software. Customers can also call the In-Vehicle Technology hotline (1-800-392-3673, option #3) for
support including device troubleshooting and assistance using the MyFord/MyLincoln system (phone
pairing , vehicle health report, etc.).
What is the role of the In Vehicle Technology Team? This technology support team was developed
to help inbound calling customers and dealers work through SYNC and SYNC with MyFord or
MyLincoln Touch phone pairing and device trouble shooting. Dealers and customers have
separate dedicated contact numbers to utilize when they need assistance with phone and device
related issues.
• IVT Customer Support: 1-800-3923-3673, select option #3
• IVT Dealer Dedicated Support: 1-877-945-3648
Note: Dealer technicians should continue to use the Ford Technical Hotline for specific technical
issues and repair procedures related to vehicle hardware and software.
Hatch Nation #174
Old 02-20-2012, 06:28 AM   #294
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Don't suppose you could post whatever the content is so that all of us don't have to register for yet another forum?
Sorry about that. The poster there uploaded the file. https://umdrive.memphis.edu/jcerrion...PerfUpg_DC.pdf

For full disclosure the file was provided by genebopp
Old 02-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #295
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
No probs ^^ and thanks to bsp_53. T

That was very useful I thought. The most interesting part is "1Q2012 – Customer Performance Upgrade mailings commence, with follow up’s in April and June
PERFORMANCE UPGRADED TRAINING COURSES & MATERIALS TIMING"

To me I read that as by April you'll have it and for the next 3 months we'll contact you to see if you like it or have installed it.

I can't wait. MFT is starting to drive me nuts again. I'm missing cover art on the last few albums I stuck on my zune despite the fact they are embedded in the mp3 files and I have this problem where I can't get the car to delete my phone. Sometimes if the phone won't talk to the car it's quicker to delete and re-pair, but in this case I can't because the phone stays registered with the car. Blah.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #296
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
No probs ^^ and thanks to bsp_53. T

That was very useful I thought. The most interesting part is "1Q2012 – Customer Performance Upgrade mailings commence, with follow up’s in April and June
PERFORMANCE UPGRADED TRAINING COURSES & MATERIALS TIMING"

To me I read that as by April you'll have it and for the next 3 months we'll contact you to see if you like it or have installed it.
I noticed that too, but the document is dated back in November. Schedule could have slipped...
Old 02-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #297
pil__
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90074
What I Drive: 2012 Red Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 pil__ Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPThr0w View Post
It detected the thumb drive fine, just nothing happened. I did not try the "install app" route. I thought it was an automatic thing though? I do have other files/folders on the thumb drive... does that make a difference?
Well, I would definitely remove the files, format the drive and load it again with just the extracted reboot app. I haven't experimented, but with MFT as buggy as it is, do you really want to test it?
Old 02-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #298
pil__
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90074
What I Drive: 2012 Red Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 pil__ Good Standing Member
Exclamation

According to my Ford Customer Service rep, as of today, the release date for the new version of MFT is March 31. She indicated that it will be mailed (possibly to arrive then, not necessarily on that date, but it's not clear) and also be available at the dealership and online then.

She said beta testing is already finished and they are working on issues with updating from the old version.

She actually said 'the last day of March', so it might be a day earlier for a business day or something...
Old 02-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #299
Dunka
ɔıʇɐuɐɟ snɔoɟ

Fan#: 94911
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 Dunka Good Standing Member
I came across this today. It's an app for the iPhone simulating and explaining the new"upgraded" MyFordTouch.

The MFT Guide app
HatchNation #51
Old 02-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #300
bsp_53
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunka View Post
I came across this today. It's an app for the iPhone simulating and explaining the new"upgraded" MyFordTouch.

The MFT Guide app
Cool, thanks Dunka! After downloading via iTunes, I can't get it to install / sync with the iPod ... hope this isn't a "sign" (the app is by Ford Motor Co., after all).
Hatch Nation #174

Bookmarks & Social Networks