My Ford Touch Thread - Page 297 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #2961
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
[IMG]Remind me again - are you on iOS?
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
Nope, just lowly old basic phone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2013, 01:31 PM   #2962
Black Bengal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95110
What I Drive: '09 black SES & '12 tux black ti

FF Reputation: 2 Black Bengal Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
I saw your post earlier but didn't respond because I guess I was a little confused. Why are you using that cord? Why not just use a straight-up USB cord?
I tried using just a USB cord that plugs into the bottom of my iPhone via the flat, wide, rectangular connector but the MFT said there was nothing connected on USB. It looks like my only options are the 4-part cord or Bluetooth, but Bluetooth sometimes will not play through the car speakers but only on the phone speaker, although it shows up on the
'Bluetooth" selection on MFT & will allow me to pause/forward/reverse/play on the MFT screen.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #2963
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bengal View Post
I tried using just a USB cord that plugs into the bottom of my iPhone via the flat, wide, rectangular connector but the MFT said there was nothing connected on USB.
It does work through USB. I've used it, but it has been over a year so my memory is not quite there (I left for a rather long road trip once and realized I forgot to bring my iPod so I hooked the phone up USB so as not to drain my battery). I think I had to disable BT on the phone because it wanted to default to that for audio but again, it was a while ago so don't quote me on that. I'll play around with it when I get a chance and let you know but I have an iPhone 5 now and only have one USB cord with the idiotic new lightning connector and I keep that in my house for charging. When I have time to sit out in the driveway I'll bring the cord out and see, or if someone else wants to jump in first, great.

Quote:
It looks like my only options are the 4-part cord or Bluetooth, but Bluetooth sometimes will not play through the car speakers but only on the phone speaker, although it shows up on the
'Bluetooth" selection on MFT & will allow me to pause/forward/reverse/play on the MFT screen.
I use my iPod USB for music but do use streaming apps BT from my phone all the time and run into this one occassionally. Sometimes if I leave an app open upon shutdown so it will resume upon next startup it will end up defaulting to the phone speakers before the car speakers. Not all the time but sometimes. I've tried switching audio sources away from BT and back, pausing the music on the phone and restarting, etc. but nothing seems to work except shutting down and relaunching the music app. Kind of a pain but fortunately it doesn't always behave like this.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #2964
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
I tried using just a USB cord that plugs into the bottom of my iPhone via the flat, wide, rectangular connector but the MFT said there was nothing connected on USB. It looks like my only options are the 4-part cord or Bluetooth, but Bluetooth sometimes will not play through the car speakers but only on the phone speaker, although it shows up on the
If it was a third party cable and it doesn't support syncing, it won't do anything but charge the phone. I ran into that issue the first time I tried going 3rd party for my iPhone extras... you have to make sure the third-party cable supports charge AND sync.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 03-15-2013, 12:15 AM   #2965
jnairb
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92273
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 jnairb Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1ch999999 View Post
So, maybe this was mentioned before, why on earth can I not hit the voice command button and say 'call 911' and have it actually call 911?
Doesn't "Dial 911" work? I haven't tried it, but I thought you were supposed to be able to use voice commands "Call <name>" or "Dial <number>".
Old 03-15-2013, 06:01 AM   #2966
r1ch999999
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106748
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 r1ch999999 Good Standing Member
I tried that, I think it bailed because it wasn't a full number.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:20 AM   #2967
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 6 slybarman Good Standing Member
Just a crash the car and it will dial 911 for you. :D

Old 03-15-2013, 07:24 AM   #2968
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:

Anyone on here tried it to verify it works? If not I'll try on my way home tonight.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:39 AM   #2969
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 6 slybarman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Anyone on here tried it to verify it works? If not I'll try on my way home tonight.
LOL - way to take one for the team. :thumbup:

Old 03-15-2013, 07:39 AM   #2970
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:

Of course MFT is so twitchy that just because it calls 911 once after a crash does not mean it will do all the time. Probably best to test this on multiple systems so you might want to crash into another car with MFT and see if they both call or not.

Bookmarks & Social Networks