My Ford Touch Thread - Page 294 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #2931
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
Yeah, it looks like the dealer installed v3.5.1 over v3.5.1 for me. I told them it already had that version but they insisted they had a brand new release.
My experience with my dealer is that none of them have a clue when it comes to mft. It's pretty sad actually. It's only going to get worse for them here as cars get more technical too. Ford would be wise to hire experts who deal only with electronics. That's how all the best customization shops are organized.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using FF Mobile HD

Last edited by blackraven456; 03-06-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #2932
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
My experience with my dealer is that none of them have a clue when it comes to mft. It's pretty sad actually. It's only going to get worse for them here as cars get more technical too. Ford would be wise to hire experts who deal only with electronics. That's how all the best customization shops are organized.

Unless Ford releases some new groundbreaking gotta have it feature I am sticking with v3.5.1 for as long as I have the car. It has it's share of problems but they're manageable.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #2933
PandT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110640
What I Drive: 2013 Titanium Hatch 18" Plat White

FF Reputation: 2 PandT Good Standing Member
Hi all, just got some alone time in the new buggy this afternoon and I was wondering if anyone has heard of this issue. While listening to Sirius I noticed that the volume muted slightly and then returned to set volume, i was stopped at one point and the volume did not fully cut out, just seemed to go down and then come back up. Seemed random but I did not time it and it happened about five times in the 1+ hours that I was driving. I did not check any other settings like FM or such.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #2934
OPsDad
Focus Addict

Fan#: 108661
What I Drive: 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD Moonroof

FF Reputation: 2 OPsDad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I went to set the Wi-Fi to connect to the house when the car is home; the security key won't accept anything but numbers.
SR #265 | "Quia currus certatus, inferius"
13 Focus Ti Sedan w/Handling Pkg, MFT Sony 10 NAV, Leather
13 Focus SE HB Sterling Grey, 201A, Leather
06 F350 6.0L DRW King Ranch, Sunroof, Rhino Bed Liner, 4" MBRP Turbo Back, AirRaid, Edge Chip w/Pyro
Old 03-10-2013, 05:33 PM   #2935
PandT
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPsDad View Post
I went to set the Wi-Fi to connect to the house when the car is home; the security key won't accept anything but numbers.
Same here but I read some reply that said that Wi-Fi had no use in our cars yet?
Old 03-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #2936
ralck
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96372
What I Drive: My sister's car while it is salty

FF Reputation: 1 ralck Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandT View Post
Hi all, just got some alone time in the new buggy this afternoon and I was wondering if anyone has heard of this issue. While listening to Sirius I noticed that the volume muted slightly and then returned to set volume, i was stopped at one point and the volume did not fully cut out, just seemed to go down and then come back up. Seemed random but I did not time it and it happened about five times in the 1+ hours that I was driving. I did not check any other settings like FM or such.
The car has a feature to adjust volume based on speed. Basically, when you slow down/stop it lowers the volume. I think it is supposed to make it sound more even when the road/engine noise cuts out.
I have no idea where this setting would be in the MFT menus because I have the regular radio.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #2937
PandT
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralck View Post
The car has a feature to adjust volume based on speed. Basically, when you slow down/stop it lowers the volume. I think it is supposed to make it sound more even when the road/engine noise cuts out.
I have no idea where this setting would be in the MFT menus because I have the regular radio.
I have the feature but it is set to off right now.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #2938
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandT View Post
Same here but I read some reply that said that Wi-Fi had no use in our cars yet?
It has no real practical use. It does work technically. When the car came out there were like 2 models of usb cellular data sticks you could plug into the usb ports to get in car Wi-Fi. Also, the idea was to originally have a web browser, apps and updates come from local Wi-Fi at home, but that was abandoned because the basics of the system was bad joke that's still being patched 2 years later.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #2939
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
I know we think our cars infotainment is the worst sometimes ... well I was driving in my buddies new Mercedes ... the display went black. it did some sort of reboot and came back. I asked if that happened before and he said yes and Mercedes said they can't fix it unless they see it happen. He is also having trouble with the car working with his iPod. Sounds similar to some of the problems we are having ... Does this help us? No ... but misery loves company!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #2940
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
I know we think our cars infotainment is the worst sometimes ... well I was driving in my buddies new Mercedes ... the display went black. it did some sort of reboot and came back. I asked if that happened before and he said yes and Mercedes said they can't fix it unless they see it happen. He is also having trouble with the car working with his iPod. Sounds similar to some of the problems we are having ... Does this help us? No ... but misery loves company!!!
And our cars cost a fraction of the cost of a Mercedes equipped as such, I'm sure. It took BMW a decade to get iDrive right, too.

So yeah, our system isn't great, but it's not the only one. 3.5.1 has been enjoyable for me.
Sonic Crew #28

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->