My Ford Touch Thread - Page 29 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-18-2012, 07:23 AM   #281
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85580
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Yeah, it is unfortunate. From looking around on other forums and general digging, I've noticed the phrase "first quarter" not being used so much anymore and the word "spring" becoming more and more common.

Ouch, no doubt double-whammy. Fortunately for me every time the volume thing happened it has shut down fine and everytime it has refused to shut down I haven't been locked in with the volume. Sorry man, that totally sucks! How long until it finally shut itself off?
This was not a surprise. Ford screwed alot of people over on the Sync Gen 1 and I'm sure the same thing is happening with Sync Gen 2.
I think the bottom line here is, they bought a broke product, and don't know how to fix it right.

All I have to say is my wife's Dodge has been working flawlessly since we bought it for her. And luckily for me right now, everything seems to function albeit really slow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #282
AdamAndrew
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93417
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 AdamAndrew Good Standing Member
I unfortunately hit the freeze bug for the first time yesterday. Annoying as hell. When I restarted an hour later it was fine. Ford needs to hurry their ass up on the performance upgrade!
Old 02-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #283
SNAPThr0w
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93998
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 SNAPThr0w Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPThr0w View Post
I have it ready to go on a thumbdrive for the next forced reboot...
Well I needed it earlier today and I guess I did something wrong because when I put in my thumbdrive nothing happen....
Old 02-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #284
Lactobeezor
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 91902
What I Drive: 2012,Ingot Silver, SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Lactobeezor Good Standing Member
Been watching this thread a long time. You guys realize the software is written by microsoft. They have a history of lame shat. Was wondering if someone has hacked another OS? That would be my preference. MS could take a while to fix the problems...just my 4 cent.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #285
pil__
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90074
What I Drive: 2012 Red Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 pil__ Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPThr0w View Post
Well I needed it earlier today and I guess I did something wrong because when I put in my thumbdrive nothing happen....
You could try pressing the install app button. I had to do that once the second time I used it, but never again. If you don't see it detect the USB drive at all, then your system might be too hung for it to help. If it does detect the USB drive, then it's probably not loaded correctly. I'd format it and load it again. You might want to try it while your MFT is acting well to make sure it works.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:54 PM   #286
SNAPThr0w
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93998
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 SNAPThr0w Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pil__ View Post
You could try pressing the install app button. I had to do that once the second time I used it, but never again. If you don't see it detect the USB drive at all, then your system might be too hung for it to help. If it does detect the USB drive, then it's probably not loaded correctly. I'd format it and load it again. You might want to try it while your MFT is acting well to make sure it works.
It detected the thumb drive fine, just nothing happened. I did not try the "install app" route. I thought it was an automatic thing though? I do have other files/folders on the thumb drive... does that make a difference?

[ Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile ]
Old 02-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #287
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by skramblr View Post
Got a copy of ford magazine in the mail today. It has an article about the upcoming upgrade. But was surprised me is we're also getting a Nav Update, too.

Here's a link to the article:
http://www.myfordmag.com/innovation/...rmance-upgrade
If that is the new MFT version in the picture in that article it has the temperature next to the time. Hmmmmm.....

BTW, anyone in Toronto going to the Autoshow this week? I bet you could get some word on MFT from the Ford guys there.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #288
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Just found this link post on the fordsyncforum http://fordsyncforum.com/index.php?/...post__p__11072

It has the PDF doesn't really have anything new in it, but its some pretty candid info. i.e. it says that the the new version will indeed stop the reboots
Old 02-19-2012, 10:02 PM   #289
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaimav View Post
Just found this link post on the fordsyncforum http://fordsyncforum.com/index.php?/...post__p__11072

It has the PDF doesn't really have anything new in it, but its some pretty candid info. i.e. it says that the the new version will indeed stop the reboots
Don't suppose you could post whatever the content is so that all of us don't have to register for yet another forum?
Old 02-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #290
bsp_53
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87580
What I Drive: 2012 FF Titanium HB, Yellow Blaze

FF Reputation: 1 bsp_53 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Don't suppose you could post whatever the content is so that all of us don't have to register for yet another forum?
Page 1:
November 7, 2011
To: All Ford and Lincoln Dealers
The purpose of this communication is to provide you and your Dealership personnel the attached press
release which was shared with the media this morning. As our partner, it is important we properly equip
you with the details and information to support this news worthy event.
PRESS RELEASE KEY POINTS
For 2013, Ford is delivering a faster, simpler, and easier to use version of MyFord Touch. Developed
using owner feedback, Ford will launch the Performance Upgrade and new features early next year
concurrent with the launch of 2013MY vehicles and offer the Performance Upgrade to existing owners at
no charge. The new version is:
Faster, Simpler, and Easier to Use: The MyFord Touch upgrades deliver faster touchscreen
response, simpler graphics, and easier to use controls.
New Features: New features include better phone compatibility, support for tablet computers and
Audible audiobooks, improved navigation maps and destination entry and enhanced voice
recognition.
KEY DEALER MESSAGE
The Performance Upgrade will be available on 2013MY Ford and Lincoln vehicles equipped with
MyFord or MyLincoln Touch.
Current owners will be mailed a USB flash drive so they can install the new software themselves
(if Navigation equipped, they will also receive an SD Card with new map data). Or, owners can
also take the USB/SD Card to their local dealer and have the Performance Upgrade and new
map data information installed.
There is no charge to existing customers for the Performance Upgrade.
COMMUNICATIONS PLAN
Below is a brief summary of the planned communications (Dealer/Customer) and training timing:
November 7, 2011 Public press release and All Dealer Communication announcing the availability of a
MyFord Touch Upgrade concurrent with the 2013MY new vehicle launches of Ford Escape, Taurus, and
Flex. Note: This press release is specific to the Ford vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch, but all
enhancements will apply to 2013MY Lincoln vehicles equipped with MyLincoln Touch.
November 16-17, 2011 LA Auto Show: Senior Management plans to launch the 2013MY Ford
Escape, Taurus and Flex and Lincoln MKS and MKT, which includes demonstration of the new
MyFord/MyLincoln Touch interface displaying the new look and features, such as faster touch screen
response, simpler graphics, better phone compatibility, enhanced voice recognition and support for tablet
computers and Audible.com audiobooks.
1Q2012 FMCDEALER message center article advising Dealers a customer awareness mailing will be
distributed the next day
1Q2012 Customer awareness mailing notifying existing MyFord/My Lincoln Touch customers the
software Performance Upgrade will be available at no charge.
Hatch Nation #174

Bookmarks & Social Networks