My Ford Touch Thread - Page 283 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-23-2013, 11:00 AM   #2821
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90061
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 aperson9923 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey so Im not trying to drag anyone down but the newest update for MFT in my car has led to new problems that I never really had before. To try to remedy my problem I eant to know if there is anyway to reinstall the 3.5.1 myself and if so, where do I begin? Thanks
Mods: Tint 20/5, LockPick & Backup Camera, K&N Drop In
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #2822
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson9923 View Post
Hey so Im not trying to drag anyone down but the newest update for MFT in my car has led to new problems that I never really had before. To try to remedy my problem I eant to know if there is anyway to reinstall the 3.5.1 myself and if so, where do I begin? Thanks
There is no way to reinstall yourself. What kind of issues are you having? Have you done a master rest after the install. This seems to clear up a few of the post-upgrade issues.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #2823
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Try it anyway. Mine locked up before during an install, restarting the car and trying again did the trick just fine. Otherwise, bring it in.
Good to hear. Hopefully it'll work... Would hate to bring it in for service. Damn MFT.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #2824
Blockisle9
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104865
What I Drive: 2013 black escape

FF Reputation: 1 Blockisle9 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Start here and try this (post #39) -

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pf...yncmb&tid=6099

If you still have no luck, post back.
I got it to work. After I turned it on, I tried texting myself and it still did not work. Then out of the blue while driving, I recieved a text. It doesn't work every time though, but it's a start. When it does work, Its pretty nice. Thanks everyone
Old 01-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #2825
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 5 slybarman Good Standing Member
Quote:
In hindsight I wished I had stayed with 3.2.2.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #2826
me2000
Focus Addict

I finally got it installed.... After work I turned on my car and MFT actually turned on. It allowed me to install it again. After the 1st restart, a message kept popping up stating that SYNC couldn't read my USB drive. I tried taking the USB drive out, putting it back in and it still wouldn't work. I even pulled over and tried turning the car off/on and it went back to the same screen after MFT started up again.

At home I popped the fuse and it forced me to start the install all over again. So I left the car on idling for an hour...

The nav card I ordered last night at 6 pm arrived today (which is amazing) so I have a fully functioning system.

I'm an IT professional and I have issues with this damn system... I can't imagine a regular end-user. Ford really needs to rethink its in-vehicle technology. An upgrade shouldn't be this cumbersome.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #2827
me2000
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockisle9 View Post
I got it to work. After I turned it on, I tried texting myself and it still did not work. Then out of the blue while driving, I recieved a text. It doesn't work every time though, but it's a start. When it does work, Its pretty nice. Thanks everyone
It doesn't allow you to SEND a message right? I tried and it failed.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #2828
Blockisle9
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104865
What I Drive: 2013 black escape

FF Reputation: 1 Blockisle9 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
It doesn't allow you to SEND a message right? I tried and it failed.
Correct, no sending.
Does yours receive all your text? Or does it miss some?
Old 01-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #2829
me2000
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockisle9 View Post
Correct, no sending.
Does yours receive all your text? Or does it miss some?
I only sent myself a text and that worked... I'll check tomorrow and see if it catches them all.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:51 AM   #2830
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
What are the new problems? Did you try the master reset as lewisra suggested? Mine was really messed up after installation. I tried a reboot and that didn't fix the issues. Did a master reset and it cleared it right up. First time a reboot did nothing and a master reset accomplished something really good for me. Usually it is the opposite in my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
I finally got it installed.... After work I turned on my car and MFT actually turned on. It allowed me to install it again. After the 1st restart, a message kept popping up stating that SYNC couldn't read my USB drive. I tried taking the USB drive out, putting it back in and it still wouldn't work. I even pulled over and tried turning the car off/on and it went back to the same screen after MFT started up again.

At home I popped the fuse and it forced me to start the install all over again. So I left the car on idling for an hour...
Sounds like quite the PITA. Both of my self-installations completed on the first attempt luckily (3.0.2 and 3.2.2). Dealer did 3.5.1 since it was still on TSB at that point and I needed them to provide me the nav card. Yeah, a pain but at least you didn't have to spend a mind-numbing 2 to 2-1/2 hours sitting at the dealership (hey, gotta look for the positives here, even when they are minimal)! Hopefully, once you finally got there, the install went clean and things are working for you.

Bookmarks & Social Networks