My Ford Touch Thread - Page 279 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #2781
CeeBee
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101389
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Ti 5-Door 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 CeeBee Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Make sure your USB memory key is in. I'm on a Mac and the same thing happened to me.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 08:33 PM   #2782
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
You would need to enable it on the phone if that is the issue. Have you done a master reset? Deleted the phones pairing and re-paired? Might try reverse pairing.
I've tried all of the above
Old 01-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #2783
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Points 1,369, Level 20
Points: 1,369, Level: 20 Points: 1,369, Level: 20 Points: 1,369, Level: 20
Level Up 69% Completed
Level up: 69% Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaimav View Post
I've tried all of the above
hmmm. 2 other things you might try is:

1. remove battery from phone(while it's connect to MFT), turn off bluetooth on MFT. Restart phone, connect to MFT. You'll get a prompt that bluetooth is off just hit yes(i think) to turn it back on.

2. If that doesn't work I'd use the delayedreboot.cab

EDIT: just saw this in another thread. "I had this same issue with my Samsung GSIII until I updated my operating system to Jellybean. Also answer "yes" for MAP data and check the box for "don't ask again". Hopefully it'll work for you as well. " not sure if Jellybean is an option for you.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #2784
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
They're just being realistic based on MFT's track record so far. Kudos for them setting the bar at an attainable level for them over the next 8 months!
I respectfully differ in opinion feta. If a company releases a product with a 40% reported problem rate, man, one would think they would be throwing every resource available at it to knock that way,way down (and as others have stated that doesn't even address problems not reported and I'm sure there are also a lot of cases of people having problems and just not knowing it, just assuming "Oh, I guess that is just the way it works and is not meant to do this or that."). I mean, wow, 40%, that is embarrassing. I had never paid attention to any of their statistics before with regard to this but if I, prior to reading this, had to guess I never, even in my wildest fit of hyperbole, would have gone that high.

Of course you have your opinion and I have mine but in the end, neither of them matter. MFT is what it is and we both know first-hand what it is. The thing about all of this that actually worries me the most is that they say they have goal of reducing reported problems 10% but they don't really spell out how they plan on attaining that goal. It worries me because history seems to indicate so far that their approach to problem reduction has been subtraction. I've already lost enough of the system I originally bought and really don't want to lose anymore. Time will tell I guess though!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #2785
HuskerFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100149
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HuskerFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
I respectfully differ in opinion feta. If a company releases a product with a 40% reported problem rate, man, one would think they would be throwing every resource available at it to knock that way,way down (and as others have stated that doesn't even address problems not reported and I'm sure there are also a lot of cases of people having problems and just not knowing it, just assuming "Oh, I guess that is just the way it works and is not meant to do this or that."). I mean, wow, 40%, that is embarrassing. I had never paid attention to any of their statistics before with regard to this but if I, prior to reading this, had to guess I never, even in my wildest fit of hyperbole, would have gone that high.

Of course you have your opinion and I have mine but in the end, neither of them matter. MFT is what it is and we both know first-hand what it is. The thing about all of this that actually worries me the most is that they say they have goal of reducing reported problems 10% but they don't really spell out how they plan on attaining that goal. It worries me because history seems to indicate so far that their approach to problem reduction has been subtraction. I've already lost enough of the system I originally bought and really don't want to lose anymore. Time will tell I guess though!
And one would think that with the MFT system the problems are predominantly software related ... A sold programming group given the time and resources "should" be able to roll out a version with few glaring problems. Even if we lose some functionality (which it has been done), a system that was stable and issue free would be my preference. Phone pairing will always be of issue because of android versions, iOS, etc... so I personally don't worry about that, but the functionality, holy cow, that % should be single or low double digits.

I do wonder how many of the issues might have to do with self-installs... Maybe they should require everyone to visit a dealer to upgrade/patch?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #2786
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

Points 1,664, Level 23
Points: 1,664, Level: 23 Points: 1,664, Level: 23 Points: 1,664, Level: 23
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 6 slybarman Good Standing Member
Starting over and ditching the underlying windows OS is probably the only real hope, but it is too late for that now I imagine.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #2787
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFocus View Post
Phone pairing will always be of issue because of android versions, iOS, etc... so I personally don't worry about that, but the functionality, holy cow, that % should be single or low double digits.
Totally agree and am the same on the phone thing. Those will always move along at a faster pace than MFT so I don't worry about it either. Main reason I have stuck with iPhones through this is that regardless of model or iOS version they do seem to work the same for me with MFT (so far).

The other stuff though - man oh man. After I got 3.0.2 installed I noticed that when I had my map up and went to the weather map, about 75% of the time after I returned to the regular map it was zoomed out. The scale indicator on the map still showed me at the same zoom level but map physically zoomed out. About 10% of the time when the system switched from light to dark mode, same thing. Upon redraw map was zoomed out a level (but scale still showed same value as before). The only way I was able to restore it and have the scale and actual zoom level correct was to run a reboot.

Now since 3.5.1 if I go to the weather map and return to the map it always returns at the proper zoom level. Great. A fix. Never that simple though. Drawback is now every single time, as in 100% of the time, it goes from light to dark mode, it zooms out (and again, scale remains the same as it was before). So they fixed one of my intermittent, but frequent, bugs but in turn took an intermittent, but rare, bug and made it a full-time bug. This is nuts! Strangely enough though I have found that after it zooms out in dark mode I can go to the weather map and return to the regular map and the zoom level is fixed. What used to be my regular bug is now the workaround fix for the newly-created bug. Again, nuts. Suppose I could be "glass-half-full" though and be happy that at least there is a quicker and easier fix, as opposed to the reboots I used to have to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFocus View Post
I do wonder how many of the issues might have to do with self-installs... Maybe they should require everyone to visit a dealer to upgrade/patch?
My most problematic install was actually the dealer-install of 3.5.1. Had to have them do it because I needed the Nav card. Morons simply forgot to do a master reset after install as near as I can figure. Didn't discover until my drive home from the dealer how messed up it was so I did my own reset the next day and it fixed all of the issues. I installed 3.0.2 (and 3.2.2) myself. 3.0.2 was disaster. So bad I took it to the dealer. They reflashed/reinstalled twice. No better. Replaced my APIM and freshly installed 3.0.2. No better. It wasn't my install. 3.0.2 was terrible and just didn't like my car for some reason. I still miss all of my features from 2.11 but, even with current bugs considered, at least 3.5.1 is still 1,000 times better than 3.0.2 was for me. Far, far, far less frequently do I get the urge to put my fist through the screen and I don't constantly drive around unleashing a string of profanity at the system anymore.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #2788
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post

I respectfully disagree with your respectful disagreement with Feta. LOL

The numbers quoted for MFT are well within the industry average for complex IVT systems.

For example, did you know that across the entire industry, (all manufacturers) just voice control problems alone are reported at a rate of 278 "problems" per 1000? And voice control is the 3rd most reported problem with IVT systems, not even the most reported problem.

So, what that means is, across all auto manufacturers in 2012, the 3rd most reported problem with IVT systems is at a roughly 30% problem rate. When you average ALL of the features, the rate of "problems" per 1000 is more.

Furthermore, when you consider that MFT has a voice recognition vocabulary of 10,000 first-level commands compared to Toyota's Entune vocabulary of only 26, one would expect a higher rate of "problems" with MFTs voice control, however, the data actually shows MFT performing well compared to the industry, despite it's dramatically more complex vocabulary.

One needs to be careful when extrapolating from data such as this and reaching erroneous conclusions. I know you were confused earlier by the term "robust" when it was used in a technical arena, so I assume you may not be attuned to how this type of data is properly used in a technical environment.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #2789
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

Points 4,219, Level 41
Points: 4,219, Level: 41 Points: 4,219, Level: 41 Points: 4,219, Level: 41
Level Up 35% Completed
Level up: 35% Level up: 35% Level up: 35%
Forum Activity 22%
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%
FF Reputation: 11 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaTi View Post
I respectfully disagree with your respectful disagreement with Feta. LOL
I respectfully agree with your respectful disagreement.

40% seems quite reasonable considering the number of voice commands, the number of devices (phones, music players, etc.) that MFT has to work with (on more than one interface), the various functions, and the learning curve for the not so tech savvy.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #2790
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

Points 4,219, Level 41
Points: 4,219, Level: 41 Points: 4,219, Level: 41 Points: 4,219, Level: 41
Level Up 35% Completed
Level up: 35% Level up: 35% Level up: 35%
Forum Activity 22%
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%
FF Reputation: 11 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
Starting over and ditching the underlying windows OS is probably the only real hope, but it is too late for that now I imagine.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
Why do you believe that the problems are primarily a function of the underlying OS and not the MFT app (with the shite FlashLite UI) itself?

Do all IVT systems based on Windows Automotive have similar problems?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.