My Ford Touch Thread - Page 277 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #2761
fixxer
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100842
What I Drive: 2012 Gray Focus Titanium Hb

FF Reputation: 1 fixxer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Success... finally! Phew. Talk about Plug N Play.

I played with the new version for a little while and it does feel more responsive. Hopefully the Navigation component is improved as well, I just need to wait til I receive the A4 card.
Thanks all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #2762
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxer View Post
I played with the new version for a little while and it does feel more responsive. Hopefully the Navigation component is improved as well, I just need to wait til I receive the A4 card.
I'm in the same situation.

And no Bluetooth dance!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:47 AM   #2763
fixxer
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

3.5.1 seems to recognize what I'm saying much better. I turned on the confirmation prompts to make sure it understands what I'm asking. But what I noticed is that when I asked MFT to play a song by name, even though it recognizes the name of the song, it ends up playing something totally different, for example:

Me: Play song "Bohemian Rhapsody"
MFT: Would you like to play "Bohemian Rhapsody"?
Me: Yes
Then MFT plays a random song. I tried many times, and I had it rebuild the index on the iPod a few times. What's weird is that Play Artist works fine.

Agh.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #2764
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
3.5.1 seems to recognize what I'm saying much better. I turned on the confirmation prompts to make sure it understands what I'm asking. But what I noticed is that when I asked MFT to play a song by name, even though it recognizes the name of the song, it ends up playing something totally different, for example:

Me: Play song "Bohemian Rhapsody"
MFT: Would you like to play "Bohemian Rhapsody"?
Me: Yes
Then MFT plays a random song. I tried many times, and I had it rebuild the index on the iPod a few times. What's weird is that Play Artist works fine.

Agh.
It can get even weirder - "Please choose" song list in which it lists the song you said and then 3 more lines of the same song title followed by different artist names, artists that don't even have a song of that title. If you tell it to play one of those three you get "Sorry. Unable to locate song <song title> by artist <artist name>". Try the new "simplified" voice commands as well. Try simply saying "Play <song title>" (without saying "song" after the play command) for a song title that is also the name of an album as well. That is an adventure.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #2765
Slimgym20
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100307
What I Drive: 2012, Gray, Focus HB

FF Reputation: 1 Slimgym20 Good Standing Member
So are we ok to update to the new version without having the new nav card yet? Or is it best to wait for the card?
Old 01-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #2766
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimgym20 View Post
So are we ok to update to the new version without having the new nav card yet? Or is it best to wait for the card?
I didn't wait. You'll get an SD card fault whenever you start the car, not really unbearable if you ask me.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #2767
fixxer
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimgym20 View Post
I did mine yesterday, that way when the card arrives I don't have to fumble with it. It was an adventure though, involving crawling under the glove box to do fuse pulls, finding the right tools from the engine compartment, a lot of frustration and patience. This was my experience, I would like to think that others had an easier time updating.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #2768
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
I would like to think that others had an easier time updating.
Mine was super easy.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #2769
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 8 Kabigon Good Standing Member
The A4 card arrived by FedEx standard overnight service. Anyone that ordered one should receive it soon (if you haven't already).

One thing that I noticed is that the internet connectivity is enabled by default. I disabled it on the assumption that it may be using some system resources (CPU and/or RAM).
Old 01-16-2013, 06:52 AM   #2770
fixxer
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
The A4 card arrived by FedEx standard overnight service. Anyone that ordered one should receive it soon (if you haven't already).

One thing that I noticed is that the internet connectivity is enabled by default. I disabled it on the assumption that it may be using some system resources (CPU and/or RAM).
My card arrived yesterday. Impressed by the speedy delivery (overnight). Let's see how it goes.

I also noticed the wifi icon was on after upgrading, but then I tried to enter the wifi password but the keyboard is disabled so you can't really connect to a network. I never understood the point of wifi anyways -- like what can you do with it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks