My Ford Touch Thread - Page 271 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-26-2012, 05:44 AM   #2701
jbird1955
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48235
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

Points 788, Level 14
Points: 788, Level: 14 Points: 788, Level: 14 Points: 788, Level: 14
Level Up 88% Completed
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 jbird1955 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Don't get me wrong. I completely know it is the phone. I wasn't implying it was MFT (or blaming Ford). I know it is Apple's weird BT protocols. I don't take issue with it or view it as a problem. I just got it to partially work with my iPhone after screwing around for a while. The guy said he has an iPhone also though and I was just trying to let him know he can get at least partial functionality. I know I could get full functionality if I went and got another phone but honestly it doesn't mean enough to me to do so (at this point).
Sorry man, misread your statement as a slight towards the MFT. Just wanted you to know I wasn't seeing it with my hardware.

Good luck!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #2702
Merrigan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 104581
What I Drive: 2013 Black SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 Merrigan Good Standing Member
It's been almost 3 weeks since I went in to my dealership to see about the mft update. They took my info and were supposed to get back to me. So far nothing. I'm just glad I'm not having a lot of issues with it in it's current state.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #2703
rikosintie
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93899
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Focus

Points 48, Level 1
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Level Up 96% Completed
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 rikosintie Good Standing Member
I followed the procedure with my new iPhone 5 with IOS 6.02 after I updated to 3.5.1. It didn't work immediately, I didn't see the notifications on the iPhone’s Sync connection. But after a couple times turning BT off/on it appeared. Once I turned it on the messaging worked. I am actually about as upset that the syncmyride site requires IE with activeX enabled as I am with Apple. Who in his right mind would use IE with ActiveX enabled? Talk about NOT supporting open Internet standards, you can't get more proprietary than IE with ActiveX. And Ford claims to be security conscious!

The second problem is that over the last year I have told everyone to quit texting me during my 1.5 hour commute because I can't get them while driving. Now I can but no one sends any!

I do agree that Apple is heinous. I hate the company's methods but I love my iPhone. I don't think people would quit using them if they had SD card support, standard BT stack and a standard mirco USB port for charging.

I have tried a couple HTC Droids. The last one was the new Evo 4G LTE. It had a great screen, fast processor and the HTC interface was much better than the last one. However, it wouldn't do BT text either and I liked the features of IOS much better.

I did notice that my other BT devices like Plantronics ear pieces, Logitech speakers and Sync do work better with the iPhone - longer distance, quicker pairing, better multi device support. Maybe Apple has a reason for the non-standard BT Stack.
Michael

Last edited by rikosintie; 12-27-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #2704
FocusOn20s
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107321
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

Points 726, Level 14
Points: 726, Level: 14 Points: 726, Level: 14 Points: 726, Level: 14
Level Up 26% Completed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 1 FocusOn20s Good Standing Member
Just updated to 3.5.1

has anybody else's gas meter dropped like a considerable amount of miles instantaneously?
Old 12-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #2705
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,835, Level 32
Points: 2,835, Level: 32 Points: 2,835, Level: 32 Points: 2,835, Level: 32
Level Up 57% Completed
Level up: 57% Level up: 57% Level up: 57%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusOn20s View Post
Just updated to 3.5.1

has anybody else's gas meter dropped like a considerable amount of miles instantaneously?
Did you do it yourself?

If the dealer did it, they have to leave the car running while doing the update, so this doesn't surprise me.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #2706
12RedHotHatch
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96478
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Focus Titanium Hback

FF Reputation: 1 12RedHotHatch Good Standing Member
Quote:
Just updated to 3.5.1

I saw the same when the dealer updated my Focus to v3.5.1. As the previous poster commented, they have to have the car running to do the update.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #2707
FocusOn20s
Focus Enthusiast

Points 726, Level 14
Level Up 26% Completed
Forum Activity 3%
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Did you do it yourself?

If the dealer did it, they have to leave the car running while doing the update, so this doesn't surprise me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12RedHotHatch View Post
I saw the same when the dealer updated my Focus to v3.5.1. As the previous poster commented, they have to have the car running to do the update.
Yes I did it myself. Kept the car running. I had 147 miles. Drove to the corner gas station. and to walmart which is -4 miles away from my house.

Had 125 miles when I came back
Old 12-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #2708
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,835, Level 32
Points: 2,835, Level: 32 Points: 2,835, Level: 32 Points: 2,835, Level: 32
Level Up 57% Completed
Level up: 57% Level up: 57% Level up: 57%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Kept the car running. I had 147 miles...

Had 125 miles when I came back
The miles to empty is based on average fuel economy and the amount of gas left in the tank. Idling it for an hour (how long did the update take?) uses less than a gallon of gas, I believe - but also reduces the car's estimated miles per gallon. So the 22 miles lost seems spot-on to me.

I doubt the install finished during the 4 mile drive to Wal-Mart. Unless you expected the car to use no gas while it wasn't moving?
Old 12-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #2709
FocusOn20s
Focus Enthusiast

Points 726, Level 14
Level Up 26% Completed
Forum Activity 3%
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
The miles to empty is based on average fuel economy and the amount of gas left in the tank. Idling it for an hour (how long did the update take?) uses less than a gallon of gas, I believe - but also reduces the car's estimated miles per gallon. So the 22 miles lost seems spot-on to me.

I doubt the install finished during the 4 mile drive to Wal-Mart. Unless you expected the car to use no gas while it wasn't moving?
well I started the installation in my parking garage where I live. Sat there for about 20 mins. Figured I could go to the corner store and wal-mart and be productive lol.

As long as you say I lost that many miles with reason then I am okay. Thought I had a surprise gas leak for a second haha
Old 12-31-2012, 08:23 PM   #2710
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrigan View Post
It's been almost 3 weeks since I went in to my dealership to see about the mft update. They took my info and were supposed to get back to me. So far nothing. I'm just glad I'm not having a lot of issues with it in it's current state.
I honestly think that Ford's biggest problem with competing in the US auto market is the high volume of really lousy dealers. I don't think most of them have moved beyond 1970's mentality with regard to customer service. I have never had many issues with my car, but EVERY dealer in central Florida is a disgrace to Ford. Honda, Acura, VW, BMW, Toyota and Lexus dealers are all much better. I hate to generalize, but I have had a lot of experience with different dealers and the trend is very clear. Obviously I can't speak for all of them, but I have good friends in Michigan, and I hear the same from them as well. /Rant Off

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.