My Ford Touch Thread - Page 262 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #2611
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasman View Post
Anyone else have an issue with the auto-zoom in navigation on 3.5.1? It seems that after a while, I can't zoom in nearly as far as usual. If I eject the SD card, wait a few min, and insert it, I can zoom in normal. Then once the auto-zoom kicks in, I can't zoom in as far anymore.
My zoom has been messed up since 3.0.2 and 3.5.1 hasn't fixed it at all. I don't use auto-zoom but regardless of where I have it manually set, it just switches itself after certain things. It still says it is set at the same zoom level down in the lower left corner but it changes, usually zooms out one increment from where it was set at the time. It does it almost always after I check the Sirius weather map and go back to regular map, about half of the time when it switches between light and dark mode, and sometimes I simply just start the car and it is changed. Popping/reinserting the Nav card or a reboot will bring it back to the right zoom level, at least until it changes itself again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #2612
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
3.5.1 finally announced and put up over at SMR (still gotta wait if you have nav though):

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pf...yncmb&tid=6366
Old 12-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #2613
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesy628 View Post
It's running Ice Cream Sandwich. And is 4g.
Just a theory, but I've heard of a lot of weird issues with Verizon phones and their software, not particularly on mft, but just in general. Ever thought of rooting and upgrading your phone? I think there is a cyanogen mod for your model. It could solve your problems and upgrade you to jellybean at the same time.

Also, in term of charging there are certain phones that require an id check with usb cords and chargers (so you buy first and not cheaper third party accessories), or else they won't work. That could be an issue too.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #2614
BlazeFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104991
What I Drive: _

FF Reputation: 2 BlazeFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Just a theory, but I've heard of a lot of weird issues with Verizon phones and their software, not particularly on mft, but just in general. Ever thought of rooting and upgrading your phone? I think there is a cyanogen mod for your model. It could solve your problems and upgrade you to jellybean at the same time.

Also, in term of charging there are certain phones that require an id check with usb cords and chargers (so you buy first and not cheaper third party accessories), or else they won't work. That could be an issue too.
Rooting a phone simply to solve a MFT issue.
LMAO
Old 12-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #2615
bsp_53
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87580
What I Drive: 2012 FF Titanium HB, Yellow Blaze

FF Reputation: 1 bsp_53 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
3.5.1 finally announced and put up over at SMR (still gotta wait if you have nav though):

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pf...yncmb&tid=6366
Thanks for the update!
Hatch Nation #174
Old 12-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #2616
rlculpepper
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97355
What I Drive: '12 Ngot Slvr SEL 303A Moonroof

FF Reputation: 1 rlculpepper Good Standing Member
Just got 3.5.1 at the dealership whilst there for transmission repair.
The dealership had to do a master reset to reprogram the systems.
After leaving the dealership, with the phone connected, MFT still repeatedly displays the message about trying to reconnect to the phone. The climate control will not come off of "Auto" (temp) and the power windows will not Auto-Up/Down, Interior light dimming when entering/exiting the vehicle even seems like it fades out at a different rate than before. What the heck happened?
Old 12-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #2617
rlculpepper
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97355
What I Drive: '12 Ngot Slvr SEL 303A Moonroof

FF Reputation: 1 rlculpepper Good Standing Member
<...>
Old 12-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #2618
Darth_Focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104539
What I Drive: 2012,Tuxedo Black, Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Darth_Focus Good Standing Member
This last update has been a disaster for me. I have an HTC ONE S that no longer works with MFT. It was fine on 3.0.2 aside from the odd fuse pull. Now, it tells me texting not supported even though it sends and recieves. It also says no bluetooth connected when it is. It also says no usb device when its plugged in. Sometimes it plays but with no album art and no voice command. Keep in mind the ONE S is a supported phone by the way.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #2619
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesy628 View Post
It's running Ice Cream Sandwich. And is 4g.
I have a brand new Google Nexus 4 and mine doesn't show info via Bluetooth either. It's most likely the phone's Bluetooth implementation not supporting it, my previous iPhones displayed information just fine.
Sonic Crew #28 | Rally Revolution #117
Old 12-11-2012, 04:20 AM   #2620
Defender
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106391
What I Drive: 2013 Titanium HB (White Platinum)

FF Reputation: 1 Defender Good Standing Member
Update notes for 3.5

Today, we are proud to announce the release of a new software update, available immediately for many SYNC® with MyFord Touch®/MyLincoln Touch (TM) systems. This new software will provide the following enhancements to your current system:

• Return of the outside air temperature to the 8 inch display
• Updated phone pairing process
• Enhanced voice and screen destination entry for SD Card Navigation (if equipped)
• Simplified voice commands for music
• Enhancements to voice recognition
• Updated SYNC/device compatibility

Please note that the update is not yet available for MyFord Touch/MyLincoln Touch vehicles equipped with Navigation. For these vehicles, the software update requires a complimentary replacement SD card. We plan to have your replacement SD cards, as well as the new software update, ready for you in January. We will make an announcement in the forums when you are able to request your replacement SD card. Please be aware that if you perform the update without the replacement SD card in a Navigation-equipped vehicle, your Navigation system will be inoperable.

If your vehicle is not equipped with SD Card Navigation, you can log in and check for updates now.

We look forward to sharing an enhanced MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch experience with all of you.

I've gotta say, I'm currently running 3.2.2 and thus far since I've had my car, I haven't had any issues with anything MFT related. So, I believe I'm going to leave well enough alone and just wait until (hopefully) Ford releases AppLink for it. Then I'll update, unless something cosmic comes out in a new release before then.

Peace, Defender

Bookmarks & Social Networks