My Ford Touch Thread - Page 259 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control


Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #2581
suss6052
Focus Addict
 
suss6052's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95752
Location: ..., MI
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Posts: 12,153
FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Ahhhh, well that solves that and kinda diminishes the offer. After all the crap most of us have been through with this system a free warranty on the entire car is the least they could do.
Considering they want 2 or 3000 on their configurator as an estimate for the extended service plan at 7/100 or 7/125k + $0 deductible or what not that seems terribly unlikely. Although the dealers can choose to mark it up way less than the calculator (especially if they do everything online anyway), they would be giving away a huge amount of revenue, and screwing over anyone who paid for premium care for the 5-6-7 year periods by giving more generous coverage over a shorter period of time.

Why should they give away something without also compensating those who paid for the extended coverage?
__________________
Moderator for: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus
suss6052 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #2582
flingwing1969
Focus Enthusiast
 
flingwing1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91700
Location: Morgan Hill, CA
What I Drive: 2012 white platinum Forcus SEL 303A

Posts: 455
FF Reputation: 2 flingwing1969 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Considering they want 2 or 3000 on their configurator as an estimate for the extended service plan at 7/100 or 7/125k + $0 deductible or what not that seems terribly unlikely. Although the dealers can choose to mark it up way less than the calculator (especially if they do everything online anyway), they would be giving away a huge amount of revenue, and screwing over anyone who paid for premium care for the 5-6-7 year periods by giving more generous coverage over a shorter period of time.

Why should they give away something without also compensating those who paid for the extended coverage?
Agreed. I paid a reasonable $675 for a 7/100k contract.
__________________
2012 Focus SEL 303A, moon roof, etc
2012 Yamaha TW200 Dual Sport
1975 Jeep CJ -built
1974 Dodge W300 Power Wagon dump truck
2002 Kubota B-21 tractor-loader-backhoe
flingwing1969 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #2583
slybarman
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Fan#: 105425
Location: the not-so-free state, MD
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

Posts: 1,199
FF Reputation: 3 slybarman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I will pay about $300 - $400 for a 7/100 policy through my auto insurer (depending how soon I hit 100k). That is with a $250 deductible.

Sent from my Obamaphone using FF Mobile.
__________________
MK3 Focus = a lot of good ideas rather poorly executed.
slybarman is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #2584
suss6052
Focus Addict
 
suss6052's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95752
Location: ..., MI
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Posts: 12,153
FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flingwing1969 View Post
Agreed. I paid a reasonable $675 for a 7/100k contract.
My question was did you get the rental coverage and if so what was the deductible/ when did you buy the plan?

The lowest I saw 7/100 $0 with first day and ehanced (although I think the second part was less necessary) was closer to $1635 (14xx for just the premium care)
__________________
Moderator for: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus
suss6052 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #2585
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85580
Location: Somewhere in, SC
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

Posts: 395
FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I wonder if we will get official mail extending our warranty... because I see dealers as being PITA to deal with down the road.

I mean Ford was only quick to send notices that our 50 states car did not qualify for CA emissions and therefore hurt our resale in that state.
__________________
EX-Owner of:
Ford Focus 2012 Sedan 303A SEL w/ Winter package
Sterling Grey Metallic - Medium Light Stone Leather
estoyloco is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #2586
unistyle
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Fan#: 106959
Location: Milford, MI
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Posts: 7
FF Reputation: 1 unistyle Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi guys. I just bought my 2013 Focus Titanium a week ago, and was looking at updating to the newer MFT. According to syncmyride, the last confirmed installation was 3.2.2. I downloaded the 3.5.1 update from the TSB, copied it to a usb key, and attempted to install it. Instantly when I plug the usb key in, it starts attempting to update but i get a message that says my system is already up to date. It then gives me the installation complete message and nothing happens after that.

I was under the assumption that syncmyride was correct, but now I don't know which version I have or if the update is just not working correctly. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
unistyle is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:20 AM   #2587
lewisra
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Fan#: 93289
Location: Howell, MI
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Posts: 562
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unistyle View Post
Hi guys. I just bought my 2013 Focus Titanium a week ago, and was looking at updating to the newer MFT. According to syncmyride, the last confirmed installation was 3.2.2. I downloaded the 3.5.1 update from the TSB, copied it to a usb key, and attempted to install it. Instantly when I plug the usb key in, it starts attempting to update but i get a message that says my system is already up to date. It then gives me the installation complete message and nothing happens after that.

I was under the assumption that syncmyride was correct, but now I don't know which version I have or if the update is just not working correctly. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Run a Vehicle Health Report in your vehicle and it will update SMR to the correct version.
lewisra is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #2588
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85580
Location: Somewhere in, SC
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

Posts: 395
FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
You can also run Sync status checker if that doesn't work.
__________________
EX-Owner of:
Ford Focus 2012 Sedan 303A SEL w/ Winter package
Sterling Grey Metallic - Medium Light Stone Leather
estoyloco is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #2589
unistyle
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Fan#: 106959
Location: Milford, MI
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Posts: 7
FF Reputation: 1 unistyle Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by estoyloco View Post
You can also run Sync status checker if that doesn't work.
I tried to run the status checker multiple times. It seems to work, I try to verify the update with syncmyride, and it says unsuccessful. There is a new xml file on the usb key after I plugged it into my cars usb, so that portion seems to be working correctly. But the website rejects it. I have tried with multiple usb keys, always the same xml file filled with info is placed onto the usb drive, but syncmyride says no go.
unistyle is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #2590
lewisra
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Fan#: 93289
Location: Howell, MI
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Posts: 562
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unistyle View Post
i tried to run the status checker multiple times. It seems to work, i try to verify the update with syncmyride, and it says unsuccessful. There is a new xml file on the usb key after i plugged it into my cars usb, so that portion seems to be working correctly. But the website rejects it. I have tried with multiple usb keys, always the same xml file filled with info is placed onto the usb drive, but syncmyride says no go.
vhr.
lewisra is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.