My Ford Touch Thread - Page 256 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #2551
Justintoxicated
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103386
What I Drive: Silver Focus 2012 Titanium MFT

FF Reputation: 1 Justintoxicated Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
where can I download the update myself? i do not have navigation. Sorry I didn't dig through all 256 pages. Want the update because my climate controls are broken.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #2552
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsnation View Post
Quick random question:

When I bought my car, it had MFT 3.0.2 installed. Everything seems to work correctly, so is there really any reason to upgrade to 3.2.2 or 3.5.1?

From reading a few threads on the updates, it seems like upgrading may expose me to the risk of having new bugs pop up. Any insight into this would be great.
Upgrading to 3.5.1 will be nothing but better for you. It addresses some of the more annoying issues the system exhibits, and really made the experience of using the system better overall. 3.0.2 to 3.2.2 was kind of lateral, addressing some issues but adding new ones, 3.5.1 seems to take the best of 3.0.2 and 3.2.2 and fix more on top of that. It's a good move.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 11-28-2012, 08:01 AM   #2553
terpsnation
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105797
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Platinum White Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 terpsnation Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Upgrading to 3.5.1 will be nothing but better for you. It addresses some of the more annoying issues the system exhibits, and really made the experience of using the system better overall. 3.0.2 to 3.2.2 was kind of lateral, addressing some issues but adding new ones, 3.5.1 seems to take the best of 3.0.2 and 3.2.2 and fix more on top of that. It's a good move.
If you don't mind me asking - what "annoying issues"?

I've seen people talking about how their voice commands/bluetooth doesn't work - or they have audio skipping etc. My system doesn't exhibit any of these issues. Perhaps I'm just lucky - or just too naive to notice?
Old 11-28-2012, 08:24 AM   #2554
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Quick random question:

When I bought my car, it had MFT 3.0.2 installed. Everything seems to work correctly, so is there really any reason to upgrade to 3.2.2 or 3.5.1?

From reading a few threads on the updates, it seems like upgrading may expose me to the risk of having new bugs pop up. Any insight into this would be great.
Quote:
If you don't mind me asking - what "annoying issues"?

I've seen people talking about how their voice commands/bluetooth doesn't work - or they have audio skipping etc. My system doesn't exhibit any of these issues. Perhaps I'm just lucky - or just too naive to notice?
Tough one. I guess if it ain't broken, don't fix it. My car came with v2.11 and while quirky and unstable, it worked. When I installed the v3.0.2 "upgrade" it completely broke my system. Had I had it to do over again, I never would have. I spent almost 9 months with a broken MFT, unable to make phone calls and unable to play songs by voice, two things that worked fine before. I went through dealer reinstalls, hardware replacement, and nothing fixed it. I went from quirky and unstable but working to quirky in different ways, still unstable, and useless.

Again, if yours is working I wouldn't mess with it but that is just my opinion. If nothing else, maybe you just want to wait and monitor for a while and see what else the rest of us manage to find, good or bad, as more and more of us have more time with it. Then you can revisit the decision.

For me it fixed a lot of things that v3.0.2 broke on my system so I myself am really happy about that.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:29 AM   #2555
terpsnation
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105797
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Platinum White Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 terpsnation Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Tough one. I guess if it ain't broken, don't fix it. My car came with v2.11 and while quirky and unstable, it worked. When I installed the v3.0.2 "upgrade" it completely broke my system. Had I had it to do over again, I never would have. I spent almost 9 months with a broken MFT, unable to make phone calls and unable to play songs by voice, two things that worked fine before. I went through dealer reinstalls, hardware replacement, and nothing fixed it. I went from quirky and unstable but working to quirky in different ways, still unstable, and useless.

Again, if yours is working I wouldn't mess with it but that is just my opinion. If nothing else, maybe you just want to wait and monitor for a while and see what else the rest of us manage to find, good or bad, as more and more of us have more time with it. Then you can revisit the decision.

For me it fixed a lot of things that v3.0.2 broke on my system so I myself am really happy about that.
That's kind of along the lines of what I was thinking. If there were any major differences when upgrading, I'd probably do it - but from what I can tell they basically just fix bugs from the past and "make things work better". If mine is already working fine, then there's almost no added benefit in upgrading.

And in the end, if my MFT does decide to crap out on me, I will be able to upgrade whenever and won't have to wait ages like you did to fix something so important.

Thanks for the responses, both.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:16 PM   #2556
Justintoxicated
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103386
What I Drive: Silver Focus 2012 Titanium MFT

FF Reputation: 1 Justintoxicated Good Standing Member
I don't see any updates on syncmyride.com? Do I have to go to the dealer to get this update? I don't have navigation.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #2557
skypilotofhope
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 98569
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Hatchback SEL

FF Reputation: 1 skypilotofhope Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
I don't see any updates on syncmyride.com? Do I have to go to the dealer to get this update? I don't have navigation.
I called my dealer today and he said they have the update but they've been instructed to only update vehicles that are having problems! Ha! I said I reboot every few days, which is true, and he said bring it in.

Is this true elsewhere? only updates for vehicles where owners are experiencing problems.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #2558
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilotofhope View Post
I called my dealer today and he said they have the update but they've been instructed to only update vehicles that are having problems! Ha! I said I reboot every few days, which is true, and he said bring it in.

Is this true elsewhere? only updates for vehicles where owners are experiencing problems.
Ford will offer the latest upgrade for systems without navigation in December, as early as Dec 10.

Vehicles with nav will receive updates in January.

The warranty for MFT is 5 years unlimited miles.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #2559
Tempusthales
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104155
What I Drive: 2012, Candy Blue, Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Tempusthales Good Standing Member
This is from Ford and the moderator on the Focus forum on syncmyride.com.

We have updated our phone compatibility charts.

They can be accessed via the following links:

SYNC/GEN1 -- http://www.nsapp.fordtechservice.dea...N_iop_1_30.pdf

MyFord / MyLincoln Touch /GEN2 -- http://www.nsapp.fordtechservice.dea...N_iop_2_00.pdf

These test results include testing of phones with Apple iOS6. Our testing shows Apple implemented a non-standardized implementation of Bluetooth MAP on iOS6. As a result, iPhones will not work in a robust manner with SYNC’s text messaging feature. We will continue to work with Apple to ensure future compatibility.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #2560
Tempusthales
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104155
What I Drive: 2012, Candy Blue, Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Tempusthales Good Standing Member
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/r...ackageRev3.exe

or

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11734471/ge...ackagerev3.exe

This is the 3.5.1 update if you need it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks