My Ford Touch Thread - Page 240 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #2391
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
Thanks for the info Jaclyn!
You got it, GreyFox! I'll keep you guys in the loop.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #2392
Black Bengal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95110
What I Drive: '09 black SES & '12 tux black ti

FF Reputation: 2 Black Bengal Good Standing Member
Jaclyn,
Thanks for the heads-up. Can you tell me what the new MFT software update for the Focus is called? Is it the 3.5.1 version or something else?
Old 11-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #2393
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 10 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hey everyone!

Ford has provided a new MyFord Touch software update to our dealers that is available to customers who are experiencing phone compatibility, voice recognition or navigation issues. Due to the need for vehicles that have the navigation option to receive a new SD card after the update, the software is currently only available through the dealership. We will communicate more information about the availability of the update when available. In the meantime, we do not recommend installing the software from any source except for a certified Ford or Lincoln dealer.

Jaclyn
Jaclyn,

Speaking of updates...

What is the "official" course of action for those people that installed 3.2.2 and lost the climate control functions?
Old 11-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #2394
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Do you have navigation/Is it still working?

EDIT: Also, at least this update came shortly after the last one. I don't mind frequent updates as long as they aren't half-baked.
I don't have navigation. Everything has been OK for the past few days, first thing I noticed today is the media player "repeat" doesn't work after the next restart even though it's still "lit", same as before.

After 3 years, it's slowly getting better, but I still hope there truely is a full rewrite coming soon with a better "non-neutered" interface.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:56 AM   #2395
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
After 3 years, it's slowly getting better, but I still hope there truely is a full rewrite coming soon with a better "non-neutered" interface.
I wouldn't hold my breath. I bet Ford has already moved onto engineering the next interface for the next generation of cars.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #2396
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
I don't have navigation. Everything has been OK for the past few days, first thing I noticed today is the media player "repeat" doesn't work after the next restart even though it's still "lit", same as before.

Have you made any phone calls? If so, any improvement in the call quality? No one has been able to understand me ever since the 3.0.2 install (dealer reflashed system and replaced APIM and it still didn't help).
Old 11-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #2397
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Installed yesterday. Took about 55 minutes. I did a master reset prior to the update. I do not have Nav.

Here's what i've noticed with my limited usage so far. Not sure which of the following may have been because of a master reset.

-Lost Sirius Presets, did not lose FM presets
-Lost wallpaper files
-Lost Sirius Alerts
-Clock set itself to correct time(i had it set 5 mins ahead.)

Things I think are different:

-When pairing phone didn't need to enter confirm code, just needed to verify it was correct.
-when phone was pairing you get a button to turn on/off BT stereo
-when turning on shuffle for my USB, had choice to shuffle all or by album.
-confirmation that Sirius alert was added(I think we lost this in 3.0.2)

Overall everything seems faster, incoming text alert is immediate not lagging a couple of seconds. Phone connecting very fast on start up. Climate Control/voice commands are back and work well.

Still having issue with switching to odd radio channels on start up and when switching from different sources to radio. I think this is fixed in TSB 12-10-15.

Ran Vehicle Health Report and it updated my SMR to the correct version.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #2398
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Have you made any phone calls? If so, any improvement in the call quality? No one has been able to understand me ever since the 3.0.2 install (dealer reflashed system and replaced APIM and it still didn't help).
Mine actually became clear after upgrading to 3.0.2. I did test the phone this morning. It's still "clear". I also put down windows while talking. First put down drivers side only. It got noisy and then cleared up quite a bit after a couple of seconds. I then put down the other 3 windows and it got real noisy and never claered up until i closed all the windows. I never tested it with windows down prior to the upgrade.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #2399
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Mine actually became clear after upgrading to 3.0.2. I did test the phone this morning. It's still "clear". I also put down windows while talking. First put down drivers side only. It got noisy and then cleared up quite a bit after a couple of seconds. I then put down the other 3 windows and it got real noisy and never claered up until i closed all the windows. I never tested it with windows down prior to the upgrade.
Hmmm, mine tanked after the 3.0.2 install (and my voice commands for media tanked as well). With 2.11 people had no problem hearing me, said it just sounded a little hollow as speakerphone tends to do. Now all I get is "Can you call me when you get home? I can't understand what you are saying." I have been unable to use BT calling since 3.0.2 was installed. Like I said reflash/APIM replacement didn't fix it.

Fortunately, when they did the work back in May they recorded the fact that I said my voice commands/BT calling was terrible now so hopefully I won't get any hassle for the TSB. There is prior documentation. My dealership ordered some A4 cards on Monday and are supposed to call me when they get in. Hoping it helps as they specifically mention the issue(s) in the TSB.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #2400
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90061
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 aperson9923 Good Standing Member
I honestly just want MFT to work. That is all that Im asking. Jacklyn, i know your reading this, can you please tell the rest of the IVT department that many of us have been waiting for more than a year, and still MFT isn't working as advertised. Did you forget about us? Cause untill you all fix it right and 100% right, expect your reliability ratings to plumit. Further than they already have. I mean it is just a joke that every other gime I get in my car, my phone isn't connected, or that using the voice commands only works 50% of the time. Lemme just say, that I didn't get a 50% discount on the MFT upgrade, so why should it only work 50% of the time. Jacklyn please help me understand, because i try to stay hopeful that Ford will fix MFT right, but as every month passes, I lose a lot of that hope, and I honestly don't know how much hope I have left.
Mods: Tint 20/5, LockPick & Backup Camera, K&N Drop In

Bookmarks & Social Networks