My Ford Touch Thread - Page 239 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-05-2012, 07:10 AM   #2381
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingray View Post
Could you share the 3.2.2 files? I am willing to try some trade offs for something to work right with this damn thing!
I still have the files. Not sure how I'd get them to you but if you have an option, no problem. Keep in mind, though, that there is a reason Ford pulled them shortly after they went up on syncmyride. The update was destroying the climate quad on a lot of people's cars, that is why it was pulled. I got lucky and it didn't totally mess mine up but if you do still want to install, just keep in mind there is the possibility that it could screw things up even worse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 07:13 AM   #2382
kingray
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105430
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 kingray Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
I still have the files. Not sure how I'd get them to you but if you have an option, no problem. Keep in mind, though, that there is a reason Ford pulled them shortly after they went up on syncmyride. The update was destroying the climate quad on a lot of people's cars, that is why it was pulled. I got lucky and it didn't totally mess mine up but if you do still want to install, just keep in mind there is the possibility that it could screw things up even worse.
If you upload the ZIP to dropbox and share the download link with me through PM (or on here if you want) that will work.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #2383
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
there is a 3.5.1 version available to dealers now, not sure if applies to the Focus but it does on my 2013 Escape. No noticable difference in GUI except the fan speed shows for a few seconds when changed, a step in the right direction I suppose. The outside temperature is still there like in 3.2.2.

the next thing that needs to come back is the sirius song and title in the entertainment tab, so i don't have to go into that quadrant every time to see what's playing

i hope the clock is fixed in this version but I am not holding my breath because it wasn't in 3.2.2
Old 11-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #2384
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
there is a 3.5.1 version available to dealers now, not sure if applies to the Focus but it does on my 2013 Escape. No noticable difference in GUI except the fan speed shows for a few seconds when changed, a step in the right direction I suppose. The outside temperature is still there like in 3.2.2.

the next thing that needs to come back is the sirius song and title in the entertainment tab, so i don't have to go into that quadrant every time to see what's playing

i hope the clock is fixed in this version but I am not holding my breath because it wasn't in 3.2.2
Do you have navigation/Is it still working?

EDIT: Also, at least this update came shortly after the last one. I don't mind frequent updates as long as they aren't half-baked.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #2385
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post

Hmmm, potentially good news. I for one would appreciate updates as quickly as they could post them.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #2386
lddavis
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104180
What I Drive: 1997 Red Outback

FF Reputation: 2 lddavis Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeFocus View Post
Microsoft should be embarrassed regardless how underpowered the whole MFT hardware is.
The hardware's not underpowered. 600 MHz Cortex A11 with 512 MB DDR and 2GB NAND flash, plus a graphics co-processor. More than all but the highest-end smartphones from the past couple of years, in other words. Certainly adequate for the task. So, blame the software.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #2387
BlazeFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104991
What I Drive: _

FF Reputation: 2 BlazeFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lddavis View Post
The hardware's not underpowered. 600 MHz Cortex A11 with 512 MB DDR and 2GB NAND flash, plus a graphics co-processor. More than all but the highest-end smartphones from the past couple of years, in other words. Certainly adequate for the task. So, blame the software.
You obviously haven't been paying close enough attention to the Smartphone market over the last 2 to 3 years but I get your point.

MHz and depth of memory doesn't do squat if the host environment isn't up to snuff AND the software isn't efficient and the host-bus can't handle the negotiation of so many resource hungry functions contending for system priority...

Media
Navigation
Phone
Climate

Last edited by BlazeFocus; 11-06-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #2388
kevinxb
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96008
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 kevinxb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaTi View Post
The 4 weighs 4.9 oz, the 5 weighs 3.95 oz and the 920 weighs 6.52 oz.

It's hard to believe that just an ounce or so makes a difference, but it really does.

The more I see pictures of the 920, the more I like it.
I currently have a Lumia 900 and I love it. It works perfectly with MFT, no issues to report. Wish I could upgrade to the 920 but won't be eligible for a while.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #2389
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Hey everyone!

Ford has provided a new MyFord Touch software update to our dealers that is available to customers who are experiencing phone compatibility, voice recognition or navigation issues. Due to the need for vehicles that have the navigation option to receive a new SD card after the update, the software is currently only available through the dealership. We will communicate more information about the availability of the update when available. In the meantime, we do not recommend installing the software from any source except for a certified Ford or Lincoln dealer.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #2390
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hey everyone!

Ford has provided a new MyFord Touch software update to our dealers that is available to customers who are experiencing phone compatibility, voice recognition or navigation issues. Due to the need for vehicles that have the navigation option to receive a new SD card after the update, the software is currently only available through the dealership. We will communicate more information about the availability of the update when available. In the meantime, we do not recommend installing the software from any source except for a certified Ford or Lincoln dealer.

Jaclyn
Thanks for the info Jaclyn!

Bookmarks & Social Networks