My Ford Touch Thread - Page 235 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-26-2012, 01:43 AM   #2341
jetfuelgm
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101553
What I Drive: 2012, Tuxedo Black, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 jetfuelgm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2012 Focus Titanium MFT issues

Bought my Titanium in July 2012, 9,500 miles on it and I'm ready to take it back due to ongoing MFT issues. Radio comes on loud then gets quiet, 2-3 minutes to get the screen on, non responsive screen, Rear View Camera message pops up and I don't a rear view camera, on and on.

Two visits to the dealer with system resets and whatever else they do. Still no improvement.

This was a key reason I bought the car and paid extra money for it. I wonder what the salesman will say when I tell him I don't want it anymore?

It seems obvious that there are latent defects and the product wasn't ready for the general public.

Oh well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #2342
CeeBee
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101389
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Ti 5-Door 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 CeeBee Good Standing Member
Picked up my Focus on the 4th of August and up until this past week I've not had any major issues with MFT.

Now it seems that 90% of calls I make are having problems...

When initiating a handsfree call I press the Voice button and say who I want to call and it calls, but the MFT doesn't show this or any confirmations in the "Phone" section and the "handsfree" feature doesn't work. My iPhone 4S on iOS 6 shows that it is using Sync for audio input/output, but I hear nothing through the speakers, nor do the people on the other end who have picked up the call hear me. If I switch to "iPhone" audio input/output on the phone we can talk but if I switch it back to the "Sync" setting all audio is again lost.

When receiving a call, the currently playing audio mutes and I hear the phone rininging, but the MFT does not initially recognize the call and display the "accept" or "decline" window on the display, and if I press the call "start/accept" button on the steering wheel it asks if I want to call the previously called number, as if it doesn't see the currently incoming call.

SyncMy Ride tells me I'm running the most recent software and nothing has been changed or updated since I purchased the car.

I tried searching this thread to see if there's a solution to this, but there's just too much going on in here to find any answers. Anyone have a solution?
Old 10-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #2343
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
Picked up my Focus on the 4th of August and up until this past week I've not had any major issues with MFT.

Now it seems that 90% of calls I make are having problems...

I tried searching this thread to see if there's a solution to this, but there's just too much going on in here to find any answers. Anyone have a solution?
Ah, welcome to MFT. Have you tried deleting your phone, rebooting the system, and adding the phone again?
Old 10-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #2344
CeeBee
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

That's the one thing I did try with no success.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #2345
jthj007
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98898
What I Drive: 2011 Fiesta 2008 Rabbit

FF Reputation: 1 jthj007 Good Standing Member
The problems I have 3.2.2

1. Clock randomly jumps ahead
2. Digital source audio skips after a couple minutes each time you start the car.
3. Playlists will go to alphabetical order instead of shuffle after you shut off and restart the car even though it still shows shuffle selected.

Honestly this is basic stuff. I don't know how Ford screwed it up so bad.

Sent from the jPhone using FF Mobile
Old 10-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #2346
BlazeFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104991
What I Drive: _

FF Reputation: 2 BlazeFocus Good Standing Member
The digital media points noted are important ones; it would appear that the MFT system allows low priority to USB connections as I have experienced the same skips and stutters when playing music off of a dedicated USB thumb drive. I've compared a bunch of varying speeds and qualities of USB thumb drives and they all do it and it always happen within minutes of the MFT system initializing; connecting phone, locking onto the satellites for navigation tracking or to put it in the most simplest of terms - booting up.

Haven't witnessed the clock anomalies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthj007 View Post

2. Digital source audio skips after a couple minutes each time you start the car.
3. Playlists will go to alphabetical order instead of shuffle after you shut off and restart the car even though it still shows shuffle selected.

Honestly this is basic stuff. I don't know how Ford screwed it up so bad.

Sent from the jPhone using FF Mobile
Old 10-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #2347
Phokus
Shiny Metal Titanium

Fan#: 60433
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium Seda

FF Reputation: 7 Phokus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
I have 3.0.2 and
I get the audio skip a few minutes into the car starting.
My shuffle doesn't stay shuffled when the car restarts though it says shuffle is on
Once in a while when I select Sirius manually on the touch screen it jumps back to FM
Sometimes the voice commands take a while before it registers and does what it needs to do
Also rather annoyed my ipod doesn't start playing again after a restart. It sits in pause and I need to press play or tell it to play (which is why I wish there was a physical play and pause button)

Only issues I notice so far.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #2348
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthj007 View Post

Yeah, this one has plagued a bunch of people, including me when I first got my car. Don't know if you have Nav or not but if you do, you can set the clock to be set through GPS. It solved the problem for me. If you don't have Nav, I don't think there is much you can do. I've never seen anyone afflicted give a resolution to the issue.

Kind of funny (in a really sad way) that Ford wants to be an industry leader in in-car infotainment and they can't even get a clock to work right for a bunch of people (ya know, a functioning clock in a car, that kind of cutting-edge technology).
Old 10-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #2349
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phokus View Post
Also rather annoyed my ipod doesn't start playing again after a restart. It sits in pause and I need to press play or tell it to play (which is why I wish there was a physical play and pause button)
What model iPod are you using? I'm using an old 120gb classic and mine starts right up where it left off when I start the car.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #2350
CeeBee
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phokus View Post
I get the audio skip a few minutes into the car starting.
Ditto. I assumed this was a startup thing and can cope with it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks