My Ford Touch Thread - Page 222 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-20-2012, 08:06 AM   #2211
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So the system was acting up the other day. No Sirius traffic indications on the map. This occurs occassionally and is sometimes a one-off. I checked Sirius traffic nearby and "No Reported Incidents". When both of these occur I know it is time for a reboot so I did one. Started the next morning and the system had rebooted overnight as usual. Drove to work and it never finished loading the Sirius traffic/travel link info and it never finished indexing/BVC (it usually does in that amount of time). Went to leave work and had a black screen for a while. Then it rebooted again, on its own. After that reboot, I discovered it wiped all of my Nav previous destinations. I immediately checked my radio/Sirius presets and they were still there. My phone still came up. Just wiped my Nav destinations. I have never seen a reboot wipe anything out. Coincidentally I got the email from Ford the very next day asking if I wanted to be part of the beta testing group that would be testing software that would allow one to save and reload Nav destinations to MFT. Go figure.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #2212
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
I thought all Apple products were born perfect and never need improvement and if you suggest otherwise it's just you're seething envy speaking because you're just too poor to afford one.
Go away
Old 09-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #2213
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
Go away
So sorry you fail to see my humor, butt-hurt little fanboy.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #2214
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
So sorry you fail to see my humor, butt-hurt little fanboy.
I saw your "humor." It's typical brand bashing (and something really I only hear anti-apple people say) and you are just trying to start an Apple/Android war. And here' you go again with the name calling. So, I repeat: GO AWAY.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #2215
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaTi View Post
I just downloaded iOS6 !

Google Maps is gone and the traffic on the new maps is horrible. YUK! It has these like stupid orange hash marks I can barely see. The crowd sourcing on surface streets is gone!!! MAPS

Some of my apps don't work anymore, some crash repeatedly, and the phone seems to run s l o w w w w e r overall.

I have NOT paired to MFT yet to see if Apple has finally gotten on the MAP bandwagon.

Overall, NOT impressed yet with iOS6.

I'll reboot my phone a few times to see if things improve. I should have waited!
Seems to be a common complaint...

http://gizmodo.com/5944672/apples-ne...ic-horror-show

http://gizmodo.com/5944897/17-people...orribly-misled

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 09-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #2216
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:
It's typical brand bashing (and something really I only hear anti-apple people say)
I'm not sure what planet you're from.

Anyway....don't assume I have any intentions, I don't know you, you don't know me. I cracked a joke, you got all pissy. It's the internet, toughen up.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #2217
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
8 screenshots of 3d-rendering glitches on an application that renders most major cities around the world in 3D; 17 users on Twitter that see incorrect business listings, and people are complaining? The sky is falling... sell that Apple stock now!!! C'mon. It doesn't take any brains someone on Gizmodo is hunting for Apple flame fodder.

I guess this is the first time anyone has used a mapping application before. Certainly never used MFT's nav. And most definitely has never seen a google earth message board (they are flooded with glitch reports - although google is actually pretty good at correcting them).

This is version 1 software and pulls from many existing sources (yelp being the primary one for business listings) that are beyond Apple's control and dynamically updated. (a shame the few bad phone numbers and addresses I found in my MFT won't get corrected without an expensive map update).

Speaking of 3D glitches... the baseball stadium in my city... only the interior renders. the exterior doesn't exist. It just looks like a bowl-shape. Anyone else have an issue like this? I wonder if the data is just not there.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #2218
HuskerFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100149
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HuskerFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
8 screenshots of 3d-rendering glitches on an application that renders most major cities around the world in 3D; 17 users on Twitter that see incorrect business listings, and people are complaining? The sky is falling... sell that Apple stock now!!! C'mon. It doesn't take any brains someone on Gizmodo is hunting for Apple flame fodder.

I guess this is the first time anyone has used a mapping application before. Certainly never used MFT's nav. And most definitely has never seen a google earth message board (they are flooded with glitch reports - although google is actually pretty good at correcting them).

This is version 1 software and pulls from many existing sources (yelp being the primary one for business listings) that are beyond Apple's control and dynamically updated. (a shame the few bad phone numbers and addresses I found in my MFT won't get corrected without an expensive map update).

Speaking of 3D glitches... the baseball stadium in my city... only the interior renders. the exterior doesn't exist. It just looks like a bowl-shape. Anyone else have an issue like this? I wonder if the data is just not there.
The internet in general looks for 'anything fodder'... but I would venture that 8 images and 17 twitter snippets does equate to thousands of users encountering glaring errors.

I can completely understand the 3D images being off given the complexity (plus, who cares about a 3D map, I just want directions!), but roads in wrong places/roads that have been gone for years and drastically erroneous directions (assuming the user put it in right originally) are things that probably should not have been in there to begin with. Makes me curious where they got the maps/road info from, and how they got such old maps! As a brief comparison though, on Google maps my apartment complex exists ... but on MapQuest, Bing, or the Nissan Navigation in my girlfriends 2012 Sentra ... it doesn't. It is a complex that is ~3 years old I think.

I'm sure Apple will get it right (I don't have an iPhone of any kind) in an update or two, but with their history of being more or less a perfectionist, it is a bit curious how some of those errors made it in and in such 'apparent' numbers.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #2219
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
This does have some funny pics:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57...es-messy-maps/
Old 09-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #2220
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFocus View Post
The internet in general looks for 'anything fodder'... but I would venture that 8 images and 17 twitter snippets does equate to thousands of users encountering glaring errors.

I can completely understand the 3D images being off given the complexity (plus, who cares about a 3D map, I just want directions!), but roads in wrong places/roads that have been gone for years and drastically erroneous directions (assuming the user put it in right originally) are things that probably should not have been in there to begin with. Makes me curious where they got the maps/road info from, and how they got such old maps! As a brief comparison though, on Google maps my apartment complex exists ... but on MapQuest, Bing, or the Nissan Navigation in my girlfriends 2012 Sentra ... it doesn't. It is a complex that is ~3 years old I think.

I'm sure Apple will get it right (I don't have an iPhone of any kind) in an update or two, but with their history of being more or less a perfectionist, but it is a bit curious how some of those errors made it in and in such 'apparent' numbers.
I hear ya...and Apple better be working in it. That's really the nature of mapping systems. Google is pretty good about updates, but is really not immune from these types of issues (especially in growing cities out west and countries other than US/Canada/Europe). I'm just pointing out people are proclaiming the app a failure when they find one or two things not there, different, or because of their own capacity to use it. That's just not the case (yet). Anyways. Because Apple Maps tracks the user using it, as well as pull from many reputable sources, it should get better.

Anyways... calling Apple Maps a "disaster" when it has minor glitches is pretty lame.
All maps and navigation softwares suffer from these.
Anyone remember this
http://www.newser.com/story/104797/g...-invasion.html

To steer this back to MFT... How happy are people with the maps? I moved into a new complex last month that was not on the previous release. So, I'm pleased with it---or was when i was using it. I just ordered a suction cup to stick my old iphone 4 right over my MFT screen anyways--- I've given up on the system until they can fix those major usability issues.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.