My Ford Touch Thread - Page 221 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #2201
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaimav View Post
I did not recieve the email, but I have Beta tested for Darren on Gen 1 Sync for SyncMyPhone
All go well when you did it? If it helps then I guess I'll opt in and give it a go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2012, 03:11 PM   #2202
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Yes, all went well. He took me seriously and I saw direct changes made to the application based on my feedback.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #2203
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
I just downloaded iOS6 !

Google Maps is gone and the traffic on the new maps is horrible. YUK! It has these like stupid orange hash marks I can barely see. The crowd sourcing on surface streets is gone!!! MAPS

Some of my apps don't work anymore, some crash repeatedly, and the phone seems to run s l o w w w w e r overall.

I have NOT paired to MFT yet to see if Apple has finally gotten on the MAP bandwagon.

Overall, NOT impressed yet with iOS6.

I'll reboot my phone a few times to see if things improve. I should have waited!
Old 09-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #2204
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
I spent an hour playing around with Apple maps and love it! I use maps extensively for mapping ( I run a waterfall website and a historic marker website ) where I'm constantly using maps and gps navigation to find these places and map them. Apple maps, for a first release, is super accurate and very beautiful.

I did have one OS crash so far.
I tested out all the BT... nothing has been upgraded on that front.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #2205
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Here's what I'm talking about with Google Maps vs Apple Maps

Google Maps has LOADS more information on it, the traffic on Apple Maps is not even available on most streets.

Unless you zoom way in, you don't get street names except for the major streets

Sorry to derail this thread, but I thought I'd share my experiences so far with iOS6. I still haven't paired it to MFT.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #2206
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Google Maps will show wayyyyyy too much information and the street names are rendered right on the map. Apple maps will show major street names and minor ones as needed (like on your route) and they rotate and change size as needed.

MFT takes the gmap approach in 3D mode and shoves every street name of every visible road and shoves it in your face. It's a huge distraction, and has been complained about repeatedly on here.

The traffic only shows the most drastic and verifiable slows. I dare anyone to offer any credibility to the detail Gmaps offers in the traffic detail. I rarely find Google traffic data to be anything than a mere hint of what something was like 30 minutes ago.
Green? why even display green? if a road is flowing as normal, just don't display anything at all. That's like a piece of electronic having an LED light on to indicate the unit is off.

It's not HOW MUCH information is displayed... it's the relevance of that information. Displaying as much information as possible just for the sake of it does no good for a portable device, especially when using it to navigate.

I have written several articles on mapping, have extensive GIS experience, work with maps every day running my websites. I am a fan of google maps. I can tell you, from my experience, Apple's take, for a version 1, is ridiculously good, both from a cartography perspective, and beauty of design...

Now, if they can somehow get it to send locations to MFT.....
haha...
Old 09-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #2207
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

With these new Apple maps, I get ZERO traffic information on my route to/from work!
Old 09-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #2208
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaTi View Post
With these new Apple maps, I get ZERO traffic information on my route to/from work!
so in the meantime use Waze instead. Apple's Maps will only get better as they update it with more and more info. They're partnered with TomTom and other sources for their maps/traffic info, so... they have a reputable source for their info, all it's going to take now is some time to get it perfect.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 09-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #2209
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Give it time. The system is based on a service AND tracking data from users. People will be moving to ios6 and maps for months now.. and when iphone 5 comes out... millions more will have it and be sending data back. The info should get better as this happens.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:05 AM   #2210
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
I thought all Apple products were born perfect and never need improvement and if you suggest otherwise it's just you're seething envy speaking because you're just too poor to afford one.

Bookmarks & Social Networks