My Ford Touch Thread - Page 220 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #2191
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
I would guess that MFT on a focus is a rarity versus a more luxury model where premiums are a bit more expected.
I can attest to this at least locally... of ALL the Foci I have seen and been close enough to take a peek inside, only one of them has had MFT. I'm sure there are more than just the one I saw, I see plenty of SEL/Ti (always know by the silver beltline molding) but the vast majority I have seen don't have MFT.

So... I'm sure there's some truth in that.
Sonic Crew #28
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #2192
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90061
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 aperson9923 Good Standing Member
Where i live all the Foci are either fully loaded (and damn there is a lot of them)... Or rentals. Since the rental car companies sure do buy a lot of them, i would assume thata majority of Foci are w/o MFT
Mods: Tint 20/5, LockPick & Backup Camera, K&N Drop In
Old 09-19-2012, 04:37 AM   #2193
CourtneyNYC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86057
What I Drive: 2010 - Sterling Gray&2012 White Ti

FF Reputation: 1 CourtneyNYC Good Standing Member
Quote:
NOTE: The 2012 Focus and 2013 Escape are not a part of this TSB notification. The new software is still undergoing testing and available updates will be subject of a future announcement.
Shame. I picked up my 2013 Escape Ti with MFT last week. It seems, at this early stage, to be exhibiting the same problems as the 2012 Focus Ti I traded.

MFT is a great idea . . . mildly entertaining . . but significantly flawed. I enjoy having it, am confident that Ford will iron it out eventually, enjoy playing with it . . .but I'm not ready to surrender my Garmin GPS yet.

:-)
Old 09-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #2194
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
I'm glad iOS6 is out today. I'm going to just use a suction cup mount and put my old iphone 4 (on a prepaid card) right over my MFT. Sad, but that's how worthless MFT is for me at this point.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #2195
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
I'm glad iOS6 is out today. I'm going to just use a suction cup mount and put my old iphone 4 (on a prepaid card) right over my MFT. Sad, but that's how worthless MFT is for me at this point.
MFT serves my basic needs well... that is, listening to music. Haha, otherwise yeah... I use my phone/garmin for everything else.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 09-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #2196
blasman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102236
What I Drive: 2012 SEL

FF Reputation: 1 blasman Good Standing Member
Ios6? Mft 3.2.2?

Well, I tried IOS 6 on my iPhone 4S and MFT. I can SEND texts just fine, but received don't show up and therefore aren'r read aloud...

On another note.
So I was poking around in my subscription on Motorcraft service and looking at the MFT info on various cars. I searched local inventories for a 2013 and plugged in the VIN. It seems that at least several Foci I have looked up have:

VIP DM5T-14D205-AC

CIP DA5T-14D544-AH

Gen2 - V3.2.2

HW Part BM5T-14F130-AB

My 2012 SEL has the same HW part number. So I wonder why the update isn't available for us to download yet if they are installing it at the factory.... Hmmmm....
Old 09-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #2197
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasman View Post
Well, I tried IOS 6 on my iPhone 4S and MFT. I can SEND texts just fine, but received don't show up and therefore aren'r read aloud...
Pretty disappointing.
How about address book pics or bluetooth player album art/indexing/browsing?
Old 09-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #2198
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Anyone receive this email?

(My Name)

The Ford SYNC team is currently working on an application that allows MyFord and MyLincoln Touch vehicle owners to backup and restore navigation favorites and points of interests. The tool will allow you to preserve your personal navigation data between actions such as master resets or software updates.

Prior to launching this new application on the syncmyride.com website, we would like to perform a limited study with owners of MyFord and MyLincoln Touch vehicles equipped with Navigation. If you are interested in beta-testing this new application, then please respond to this note. If you participate, you will be sent a follow-on communication with the software and instructions on how to obtain and use the tool on your vehicle.

Darren P. Shelcusky
SYNC Architecture and Enterprise Engineering
Information Technology
Ford Motor Company
Old 09-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #2199
blasman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102236
What I Drive: 2012 SEL

FF Reputation: 1 blasman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Pretty disappointing.
How about address book pics or bluetooth player album art/indexing/browsing?
No address book pics. Didn't try bluetooth player since I don't have any songs on my iPhone...
Old 09-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #2200
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Anyone receive this email?

(My Name)

The Ford SYNC team is currently working on an application that allows MyFord and MyLincoln Touch vehicle owners to backup and restore navigation favorites and points of interests. The tool will allow you to preserve your personal navigation data between actions such as master resets or software updates.

Prior to launching this new application on the syncmyride.com website, we would like to perform a limited study with owners of MyFord and MyLincoln Touch vehicles equipped with Navigation. If you are interested in beta-testing this new application, then please respond to this note. If you participate, you will be sent a follow-on communication with the software and instructions on how to obtain and use the tool on your vehicle.

Darren P. Shelcusky
SYNC Architecture and Enterprise Engineering
Information Technology
Ford Motor Company
I did not recieve the email, but I have Beta tested for Darren on Gen 1 Sync for SyncMyPhone

Bookmarks & Social Networks