My Ford Touch Thread - Page 219 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #2181
FF4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33566
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 0 FF4 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
Thanks. I hate the way Ford handles this. They're so vague and not forthcoming at all about this stuff. Doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence.
what is so vague about this? when its available for the Focus, an announcement will be made

seems pretty clear to me

Taurus/MKS/MKT/MKX/Edge/Explorer/Flex:

Customers with the above referenced vehicles may experience the following concerns with their MyFord Touch / MyLincoln Touch technology.

The MyFord Touch / MyLincoln Touch Software Release v3.2 will address the following conditions and provide all previous performance upgrade enhancements:

*Missing radio preset text

*Radio stays on key off after opening the door

*Voice recognition inoperative - pressing the push to talk button on the steering wheel does not initiate audio prompt "please say a command"; only Listening icon is displayed

*Sirius travel link fuel prices show as unsubscribed when it is subscribed"

NOTE: The 2012 Focus and 2013 Escape are not a part of this TSB notification. The new software is still undergoing testing and available updates will be subject of a future announcement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #2182
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
It seems perfectly vague to me FF4.

You seem to have clarity with regard to the whole situation so what is it going to be? Will it be days? Will it be months? Will it be years?

The opposite of vague is specifc or precise I guess. Humor the rest of us please clue us in if you would not mind. Shed some light into the situation. I personally would love some precision.

Then again I would also personally like to converse with somone that knows what capital letters are and knows how to use them. Well, I guess you did copy and paste the bottom eight lines so good for you.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #2183
FF4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33566
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 0 FF4 Newbie
they are extremely specific about what vehicles are included in the recent upgrade

they are extremely specific about what vehicles are not included in the recent upgrade.

I personally dont see how its vague about which vehicles are included

they specifically list what changes the upgrade includes, again, pretty clear.

they specifically state that the Focus/Escape are not included at this time,

they specially state why its not included, 'continued testing'.

a reasonable person can infer from the comment "the new software is still undergoing testing" that a release date can not be determined until the testing is completed.

as for your snarky comment about using capital letters, I think its better for this board for the users to remain professional and avoid the personal attacks
Old 09-14-2012, 07:23 AM   #2184
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF4 View Post
what is so vague about this? when its available for the Focus, an announcement will be made

seems pretty clear to me
How long have you had your Focus?

I was referring to the whole MFT ordeal in general, as well as the fact the the post on the SMR forum from Ford doesn't mention specific models being excluded from the update at all. Are we expected to hunt through +100's-page threads on Ford forums to find reps posts everytime I want a reasonable ETA on an update or TSB?
Old 09-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #2185
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
How long have you had your Focus?

I was referring to the whole MFT ordeal in general, as well as the fact the the post on the SMR forum from Ford doesn't mention specific models being excluded from the update at all. Are we expected to hunt through +100's-page threads on Ford forums to find reps posts everytime I want a reasonable ETA on an update or TSB?
I have to agree. Specifically the latest TSB with v3.2 is specific enough FF4 but MFT has had issues now for well over a year... and usually Ford's best effort is to say "a performance update is coming soon" or "we're working on it" which... I understand from a corporate point of view you NEVER give a release date, because then you're liable for the product to ship/arrive/what have you on that exact date... but some actual transparency would be nice.

All Ford has to do to make me happier about MFT (not that I'm as unhappy as many people on here, my MFT is 90% tame.) is give us some real updates. Admit the faults in the system, admit the issues they're having and we're having, and give us real updates as to what's going on. I don't need them to promise me a release date or a time frame I just want to know what's ACTUALLY going on.

Last time we were told "we're currently extensively beta testing the new 3.0 software internally with employees' vehicles" which we all think was a load of crap, because the system came out and was just as buggy (in different ways) as the last iteration (2.11) was.

It's just transparency I want, not specifics.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 09-14-2012, 11:28 PM   #2186
HillbillyInBC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85169
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HillbillyInBC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFocus View Post
Nope, it doesn't apply to the Focus (for sure) or the Escape (I think).
Yup. MFT vehicles with the secondary display flanking the speedometer have priority over us peons. This became clear to me last summer when I rented a Taurus with MFT, and saw how most of the flaws in the new MFT3 interface were significantly less annoying with the secondary display there to fill in the blanks.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #2187
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Maybe they are prioritizing models that have more MFT systems. That would make sense.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:13 PM   #2188
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
Maybe they are prioritizing models that have more MFT systems. That would make sense.
Yeah.. they serve to lose a lot more money on the bigger more expensive cars for the same system, it does make sense, though the Focus is a volume seller you'd think it might make up the difference
Sonic Crew #28
Old 09-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #2189
HuskerFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100149
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HuskerFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Yeah.. they serve to lose a lot more money on the bigger more expensive cars for the same system, it does make sense, though the Focus is a volume seller you'd think it might make up the difference
Does anyone have #s on the amount of Focus' (Foci? lol) that are sold with the MFT? I know the Titanium was popular, and I got the SEL with MFT ... But I am sure that the number of S and SE and even SEL w/o MFT are huge.

Plus, if MFT with the two screens are in more vehicles ... from a business point, it makes sense to prioritize that first...
Old 09-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #2190
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by estoyloco View Post
I for one do not recommend mft at all. Biggest regret of my Focus purchase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
I would guess that MFT on a focus is a rarity versus a more luxury model where premiums are a bit more expected.

Bookmarks & Social Networks