My Ford Touch Thread - Page 217 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-12-2012, 07:03 AM   #2161
pantograph3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100435
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 pantograph3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsfocus View Post
POI searching works good for me but I strongly suspect its because I am running the original v2.10 system with the old nav card.

Time for my v3 MFT rant, if you don't want to hear it then just skip the rest...

I never upgraded to the v3 performance upgrade crap. Unless Ford releases a working and functional update that is superior to the v2 MFT then I probably never will. I actually love my ver of MFT. 15 mo's with no master reset, fuse pulls, or reboot.cab aps. Great looking and functional homescreen(none of that 4square crap with no important info in the corners,wanna know what song is playing or phone info or climate info or nav info then you have to leave the homescreen for that; so it renders the homescreen useless and practically disfunctional and not to mention its plain ugly compared to the v2), outside temp reading located where the passenger can read it, programmable favorite buttons on the steering wheel, progress bar when playing songs from media device, larger size album art, good with voice commands except for the mic noise when driving but so far as I can tell no one has gotten this totally fixed especially not with the v3 release like they promised, no switching sources or loss of favorites, phone pairing and bluetooth audio great, ipod indexing normal, and overall it operates as advertised with no bugs or glitchy behavior that is a daily occurance with the v3. (I could go on and on but afraid my run-on sentences would drive people crazy.) Sure its froze up a few times since i got it but it always recovers momentarily with the sync sys maintainence screen or when the power is cycled. This freeze up has occured less than 5 times in 15 mo's so for me thats just fine compared to what I hear is happening to others.
IMO if Ford wanted a quick way to make people happy they would offer to let people go back to the v2 sys and see what works best so they can decide for themselves. Also IMO Ford should use the v2 system and continue updating that one and totally scrap the v3 crap that is so full of bugs and stripped of features its practically a joke. Who cares if it was designed by Bsquare engineers and not Microsoft. If you ask me they didn't need a complete rewrite and v3 fiasco "performance downgrade" ...all they had to do was touch up the v2 sys to fix some peoples connectivity and freeze up issues.
Oh well I still hope whatever they do they get it right someday cuz i would love to get the updated nav system but until then I will keep what I have and enjoy all the working features it was advertised and sold to me with. There are probably many people who just got there focus with MFT and never experienced the v2 system so for those people I don't expect them to understand my rant but for those of you who did have the v2 sys; I'm sure you will agree with most if this.

end rant ....back to work! Lol
I agree with everything you said. The v3 (the dealer did it when I brought it in for DCT issues without me asking or knowing) works ok but it lost so much functionality. The home screen is the biggest disappointment. I want the full screen wallpaper back. I do feel that the performance is better, but it's definitely at the expense of functionality.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 07:21 AM   #2162
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Yeah, now that I have had 2.11 for six months and 3.0.2 for six months, I can say I would definitely go back to 2.11 in a heartbeat. I would happily send Ford their new Nav card back and sacrifice the 3-D map view to get back the other features and functions that were taken away. All the "upgrade" accomplished was swapping one set of performance issues for another set of performance issues. If I am going to have performance issues anyway, I would rather have them on a nicer looking more functional version than on a stripped down ugly version.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:52 AM   #2163
waiting485
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 92338
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 waiting485 Good Standing Member
My MFT touch screen is blank (black screen) since last couple of days, I tried the fuse pull (#79 and #67) but no luck, have taken an appointment with the dealer tomorrow, I wish I would not have upgraded to version 3, never had this (black screen of death) issue with version 2.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #2164
HuskerFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100149
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HuskerFocus Good Standing Member
Nav ?

I know this has been broached on another thread or two and within this one.... is it possible to add nav to mft?.

I keep seeing yes in theory cause its software and no, its a hardware issue not software.. What's the final verdict, if any?

I'd like to add nav to my focus mft, but if not, I'll keep with my phone... if I have to.

Thanks for any insight guys!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #2165
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
It is possible in the sense that it is software, it is not possible in the fact that Ford has no interest in selling it aftermarket to its customers.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:25 AM   #2166
jbird1955
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48235
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 jbird1955 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
It is possible in the sense that it is software, it is not possible in the fact that Ford has no interest in selling it aftermarket to its customers.
What actually could and should happen is for appink to access Google maps on your android and display it on the screen.

THAT will never happen (which is a shame and a waste of hardware and technology).

Joe
Old 09-13-2012, 07:18 AM   #2167
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85580
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
I for one do not recommend mft at all. Biggest regret of my Focus purchase.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:20 AM   #2168
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by estoyloco View Post
We've had nothing beyond minor glitches with MFT. Wife loves it.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:50 AM   #2169
Rememo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95534
What I Drive: Was 2012 Focus. Now 2013 Impreza.

FF Reputation: 3 Rememo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I ran into an interesting glitch this morning. I haven't checked to see if it has been reported yet, but I'm assuming it has.

I decided to listen to the radio for the first time in a long time, so I switched to FM1 which has all of my presets.

The steering wheel controls would move through the presets correctly, but the center console controls were switching between a different set of stations (possibly AM). If I used the center console buttons to change stations, I had to use the touch screen to select an FM1 station again.

I'll have to see if it happens on the way home tonight.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #2170
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by estoyloco View Post
We know you don't. That goes without saying with the issues you've had.
Sonic Crew #28

Bookmarks & Social Networks