My Ford Touch Thread - Page 216 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #2151
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by treoless View Post
I'm waiting on two software updates that are supposed to happen this month - MFT V3.2 and ICS for my Motorola Atrix 4G. The anticipation is killing me right now.
Might have to keep waiting for one of them. This was posted in the "Sync Announcements" section over at SMR:

"The MyFord MyLincoln Touch 3.2 software, which was shown as being available on certain vehicle configurations this past weekend, has now been removed from the website. If you’ve downloaded this software onto a USB drive, but have yet to perform the update, please do not install it in your vehicle. We will make an announcement when the update becomes available on SYNCMyRide.com."
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #2152
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,216, Level 35
Points: 3,216, Level: 35 Points: 3,216, Level: 35 Points: 3,216, Level: 35
Level Up 11% Completed
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Might have to keep waiting for one of them. This was posted in the "Sync Announcements" section over at SMR:

"The MyFord MyLincoln Touch 3.2 software, which was shown as being available on certain vehicle configurations this past weekend, has now been removed from the website. If you’ve downloaded this software onto a USB drive, but have yet to perform the update, please do not install it in your vehicle. We will make an announcement when the update becomes available on SYNCMyRide.com."
Great... lol, oh well... hopefully the next update will still work even though I've already tried this one.

Why can't they just pull their heads out of their asses and re-write the whole thing from the ground up... at this point, does it matter how much that's going to cost vs. how much they've probably lost already because of this whole fiasco?

I mean let's think about it... the original SYNC w/ Nav system (the touchscreen system found in the "last gen" Taurus (before MY13 update), Fusion, Mustang, etc. has literally all of the same functionality as MFT... and it works MUCH better... hell it even has a live equalizer showing on the music screens, but it still does phone via bluetooth, climate, nav, entertainment...

Why does that work, and this, essentially should be the same system with a fresh coat of paint (have to admit the SYNC w/ Nav system looks a bit overcomplicated, it isn't, it just looks that way) doesn't work consistently despite numerous updates...
Sonic Crew #28
Old 09-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #2153
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Why can't they just pull their heads out of their asses and re-write the whole thing from the ground up... at this point, does it matter how much that's going to cost vs. how much they've probably lost already because of this whole fiasco?
Have you ever worked for a corporation? If you have or do, surely you realize logic like this doesn't apply in today's world!

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 09-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #2154
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
I recommend video recording all the bugs and crashes and flooding Youtube with them with titles like "My Ford Touch- Sync Crashes again" or "My Ford Touch Sync unusable"

Get the word out that this is quality is unacceptable and users have a voice, and will voice their frustrations on a public forum.

I'm keeping a compact elph in my glovebox to record snippets of crashes and frustrations. Will post to Youtube when i can.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #2155
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,216, Level 35
Points: 3,216, Level: 35 Points: 3,216, Level: 35 Points: 3,216, Level: 35
Level Up 11% Completed
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Have you ever worked for a corporation? If you have or do, surely you realize logic like this doesn't apply in today's world!
Hahaha, yes, it's a sad truth.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 09-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #2156
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
I recommend video recording all the bugs and crashes and flooding Youtube with them with titles like "My Ford Touch- Sync Crashes again" or "My Ford Touch Sync unusable"

Get the word out that this is quality is unacceptable and users have a voice, and will voice their frustrations on a public forum.

I'm keeping a compact elph in my glovebox to record snippets of crashes and frustrations. Will post to Youtube when i can.
Yeah, I've tried to capture as many as possible to date. The POI one has been hard because it's distracting enough to fuss with MFT while trying to select a nonexistent (on-screen) POI without crashing already! Add recording with my phone while driving to the distractions...

(I'll get it one of these days, though)

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 09-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #2157
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

Points 479, Level 9
Points: 479, Level: 9 Points: 479, Level: 9 Points: 479, Level: 9
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Yeah, I've tried to capture as many as possible to date. The POI one has been hard because it's distracting enough to fuss with MFT while trying to select a nonexistent (on-screen) POI without crashing already! Add recording with my phone while driving to the distractions...

(I'll get it one of these days, though)
POI searching works good for me but I strongly suspect its because I am running the original v2.10 system with the old nav card.

Time for my v3 MFT rant, if you don't want to hear it then just skip the rest...

I never upgraded to the v3 performance upgrade crap. Unless Ford releases a working and functional update that is superior to the v2 MFT then I probably never will. I actually love my ver of MFT. 15 mo's with no master reset, fuse pulls, or reboot.cab aps. Great looking and functional homescreen(none of that 4square crap with no important info in the corners,wanna know what song is playing or phone info or climate info or nav info then you have to leave the homescreen for that; so it renders the homescreen useless and practically disfunctional and not to mention its plain ugly compared to the v2), outside temp reading located where the passenger can read it, programmable favorite buttons on the steering wheel, progress bar when playing songs from media device, larger size album art, good with voice commands except for the mic noise when driving but so far as I can tell no one has gotten this totally fixed especially not with the v3 release like they promised, no switching sources or loss of favorites, phone pairing and bluetooth audio great, ipod indexing normal, and overall it operates as advertised with no bugs or glitchy behavior that is a daily occurance with the v3. (I could go on and on but afraid my run-on sentences would drive people crazy.) Sure its froze up a few times since i got it but it always recovers momentarily with the sync sys maintainence screen or when the power is cycled. This freeze up has occured less than 5 times in 15 mo's so for me thats just fine compared to what I hear is happening to others.
IMO if Ford wanted a quick way to make people happy they would offer to let people go back to the v2 sys and see what works best so they can decide for themselves. Also IMO Ford should use the v2 system and continue updating that one and totally scrap the v3 crap that is so full of bugs and stripped of features its practically a joke. Who cares if it was designed by Bsquare engineers and not Microsoft. If you ask me they didn't need a complete rewrite and v3 fiasco "performance downgrade" ...all they had to do was touch up the v2 sys to fix some peoples connectivity and freeze up issues.
Oh well I still hope whatever they do they get it right someday cuz i would love to get the updated nav system but until then I will keep what I have and enjoy all the working features it was advertised and sold to me with. There are probably many people who just got there focus with MFT and never experienced the v2 system so for those people I don't expect them to understand my rant but for those of you who did have the v2 sys; I'm sure you will agree with most if this.

end rant ....back to work! Lol
Old 09-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #2158
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

Points 1,517, Level 22
Points: 1,517, Level: 22 Points: 1,517, Level: 22 Points: 1,517, Level: 22
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
I totally understand where you are coming from. In one year my system froze three times. I did like version 2 better ... and there are times I wish I did not upgrade.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #2159
treoless
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96715
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

Points 5,481, Level 47
Points: 5,481, Level: 47 Points: 5,481, Level: 47 Points: 5,481, Level: 47
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 treoless Good Standing Member
SMR is down again. Are they putting up the update?
Old 09-11-2012, 10:02 PM   #2160
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90061
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti Hatch

Points 1,748, Level 24
Points: 1,748, Level: 24 Points: 1,748, Level: 24 Points: 1,748, Level: 24
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 aperson9923 Good Standing Member
Mmmmm...?
Mods: Tint 20/5, LockPick & Backup Camera, K&N Drop In

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.