My Ford Touch Thread - Page 215 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #2141
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaTi View Post
LOL, that's why it's always best to wait for the official release.

The TSB warned the software was still being tested and not to load it on the Focus.
It still doesn't even show up for Focus owners. This was a warning for people that had it show up on the update page, people with models the update was officially released for. They said don't install it.

Coincidentally, SMR is suddenly down until 1pm right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #2142
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
I made the mistake of plugging my iPhone AND my iPod nano into MFT at the same time.
I usually have of of those plugged in one at a time, and this would be the first time I tried connecting both. What a mistake. I lost all voice command functionality (prompts, feedback and listening) although the interface still showed it was listening. Media player stopped responding to touch input.

Delayedreboot did not help.
Had to do a master reset and lost all my favorites again (at this point entering favorites is just a big waste of time. They will never last).

The semi-unrelated crash seemingly due to an overload just makes me wonder if the problems are not all due to poor programming, but hardware limitations (not enough processing power or ram to store indexes).

Anyways.. it was mid-road trip and I was running late. Having to not only master reset after failing at the reboot, but losing my favorites which not only had my destinations and waypoints in, but my home location, I had to plug everything back in by address. It was g tedious and infuriating and my passengers (friends) were just laughing that I bought a Ford (I should have listened to their warnings). Of course I could of just as easily sent the destinations from google or mapquest on my laptop as I always have--- oh wait.. none of that works anymore!!!
Old 09-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #2143
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Nav POI + Voice = Eternal Waiting

I've mentioned this on here before and have seen some other people complain about it - but I'm kind of curious if it's an isolated incident or more common...

When you use voice commands to search for a POI, does your system move so slow that the POIs never actually show up on screen?

Mine does this and basically times out before it ever offers any actual choices on the MFT display. Needless to say, it makes the whole POI feature kind of worthless - and defeats the entire point of integrated Nav since I then have to pull out my phone to search for the address. Safety first!

Or, as I posted on another thread last month, here's a rough play-by-play of how it works:

Quote:
If I may, I present to you, 'An Average Day with MFT:'

"Destination Point of Interest"

MFT "By Name or By Category"

"By Name"

MFT "Search Where?"

"Nearby"

MFT "POI Name?"

"BlarbyBlahBlah"

MFT "Please Choose"

[screen is blank]

"..."

MFT "Please Choose. Say Line 1 or Next Page..."

[screen is still blank]

"...?"

MFT "Please Choose a Line Number. You May Also Say..."

[screen is still blank]

"...?!?"

MFT [beep beep sound that it has failed, music comes back on]

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 09-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #2144
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
I have never used point of interest. I will try it on my way home. I just started using the sync help to put in addresses. It dials a toll free number (TellMe) and you can search a business and it will deliver the address to your navigation. Anyone else try it this way?
Old 09-10-2012, 05:17 PM   #2145
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Yeah... POI by voice does that pretty much every time it creates a large list. Like it runs out of memory. If you browse a large list either by voice or by touch, it'll do the same thing. More often than getting a blank screen, I'll get the first screen, then I'll say "next page" or hit the down button and it will make a page flip noise but not refresh.
POI navigation is complete garbage. The Nav feature is a complete waste of money.
I's so ticked off with the frustrations (I bought the focus for the nav system) that i was on Amazon researching buying a $300 gps that not only would give me way more features than the MFT, but works as it should. If i wasn't hard of hearing, and relying on car speakers to pump out the nav prompts, I would have done it in the first place. But this MFT Nav system is just a complete hazard to deal with... I have no other choice now.I will have a choice when my lease is up. Bye bye, Ford.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #2146
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
I have never used point of interest. I will try it on my way home. I just started using the sync help to put in addresses. It dials a toll free number (TellMe) and you can search a business and it will deliver the address to your navigation. Anyone else try it this way?
I will have to give it a try and see what inputs it will take. I usually navigate to intersections and long/lat coordinates for my nature photography, which is why the google maps link was so important for me (had all my points saved to a custom map).
Old 09-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #2147
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85580
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
So it seems that the update is starting to show up for some at SMR and someone started a thread about it over the weekend. They also finally put up my post with the link (the post I submitted several several days ago).

There is also a recent post from the mod over there put up not long ago that reads:

"There is a technical issue with the software update download file on SMR, please do not install. We are working to resolve the issue."
Another quality Ford update for sure.

Most expensive radio i've ever bought... and I say radio because that is about all that works right... err nm it doesn't work right forgot it even resets presets.

BTW has anyone checked the value of the car lately? my car has already lost $10k already in just a little over a year.... Atleast Ford is first and fastest in one thing.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #2148
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
POI happens just like mentioned above ... NOTHING!
Old 09-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #2149
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90061
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 aperson9923 Good Standing Member
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
I've mentioned this on here before and have seen some other people complain about it - but I'm kind of curious if it's an isolated incident or more common...

When you use voice commands to search for a POI, does your system move so slow that the POIs never actually show up on screen?

Mine does this and basically times out before it ever offers any actual choices on the MFT display. Needless to say, it makes the whole POI feature kind of worthless - and defeats the entire point of integrated Nav since I then have to pull out my phone to search for the address. Safety first!

Or, as I posted on another thread last month, here's a rough play-by-play of how it works:
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
or once in a damn miracle, they will come up, and then I say Line 1.... AND IT DOESN'T FG UNDERSTAND ME.......and then it repeats again and again until it cancels... or I just click Line 1 and it freezes....
Mods: Tint 20/5, LockPick & Backup Camera, K&N Drop In
Old 09-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #2150
treoless
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96715
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 treoless Good Standing Member
I'm waiting on two software updates that are supposed to happen this month - MFT V3.2 and ICS for my Motorola Atrix 4G. The anticipation is killing me right now.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->