My Ford Touch Thread - Page 214 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #2131
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Points 1,264, Level 19
Points: 1,264, Level: 19 Points: 1,264, Level: 19 Points: 1,264, Level: 19
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Got this from the autoinstall.lst file. Our last update was 12023, anyone know what vehicle 12094 or 12131 was intended for?

Microsoft Windows Automotive
; USB Installation Directive File
; 3.2 (12156) Update from:
; 10308,10337,11038,11063,11081,11134
; 11339,11346,12023,12094,12131
; Other versions not supported
; autoinstall.lst NA
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #2132
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
It will be very disappointing if we waiting all this time and little has changed!
Old 09-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #2133
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
I'm wondering if the climate control issue is actually spread across all models and irrelevant to the model being updated. It shouldn't matter what module the system interfaces with it should be functionally identical.
Not sure I totally follow you here feta. Are you saying that maybe the mess up with your climate screen is not due to the fact that you put a non-Focus update on a Focus but rather a global thing and might be doing the same to the models that this update was listed for as well? That maybe they buried info about it, pulled it, or whatever because within a day or two they realized their "bug fix" update caused a new and glaringly obvious bug?

If that is what you are saying, and more importantly, if it turns out to be true, I am not sure which would be worse - the fact that they missed something so obvious (and as we all have discovered w/3.0.2 they apparently have quite the crack team of beta testers) or the fact that I wouldn't be surprised by it. I am almost, but not totally, willing to go as far as to say that at this point, I would expect it.

Of course this is obviously all speculation and we don't know anything for sure but again, if this is legit and released, why is there no info to be found about it out there?
Old 09-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #2134
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,216, Level 35
Points: 3,216, Level: 35 Points: 3,216, Level: 35 Points: 3,216, Level: 35
Level Up 11% Completed
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Not sure I totally follow you here feta. Are you saying that maybe the mess up with your climate screen is not due to the fact that you put a non-Focus update on a Focus but rather a global thing and might be doing the same to the models that this update was listed for as well? That maybe they buried info about it, pulled it, or whatever because within a day or two they realized their "bug fix" update caused a new and glaringly obvious bug?

If that is what you are saying, and more importantly, if it turns out to be true, I am not sure which would be worse - the fact that they missed something so obvious (and as we all have discovered w/3.0.2 they apparently have quite the crack team of beta testers) or the fact that I wouldn't be surprised by it. I am almost, but not totally, willing to go as far as to say that at this point, I would expect it.

Of course this is obviously all speculation and we don't know anything for sure but again, if this is legit and released, why is there no info to be found about it out there?
Hahaha, at first I was like, is he serious? But yeah I know... ridiculous... hopefully that's not the case.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 09-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #2135
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Points 1,491, Level 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Yeah, I was just kinda goofing around there. Just still trying to find some logic here in the face of an illogical set of circumstances. I mean think about it. mattphoto posted in late-Aug that the dealership told him an update would be available 9/1. For the most part this was true. The dealership probably didn't know it was going to be model-specific but for the most they were correct and one could assume they got that info from Ford. One was released obviously because suss posted a link to it. So if all of this turned out to be correct, why is Ford not letting anyone know? Why doesn't anyone at forums for the applicable models seem to be aware? I'm just having a tough time getting my head around this!
Old 09-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #2136
FF4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33566
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 0 FF4 Newbie
no ones probably mentioned it on SMR because that place has turned into a hangout of boring curmudgeons

Old 09-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #2137
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,216, Level 35
Points: 3,216, Level: 35 Points: 3,216, Level: 35 Points: 3,216, Level: 35
Level Up 11% Completed
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Yeah, I was just kinda goofing around there. Just still trying to find some logic here in the face of an illogical set of circumstances. I mean think about it. mattphoto posted in late-Aug that the dealership told him an update would be available 9/1. For the most part this was true. The dealership probably didn't know it was going to be model-specific but for the most they were correct and one could assume they got that info from Ford. One was released obviously because suss posted a link to it. So if all of this turned out to be correct, why is Ford not letting anyone know? Why doesn't anyone at forums for the applicable models seem to be aware? I'm just having a tough time getting my head around this!
Yeah you'd think this would have been a TSB or something and would be a widely released update... pretty odd.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 09-10-2012, 05:53 AM   #2138
jbird1955
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48235
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

Points 788, Level 14
Points: 788, Level: 14 Points: 788, Level: 14 Points: 788, Level: 14
Level Up 88% Completed
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 jbird1955 Good Standing Member
I too downloaded the update but have yet to install it. I think that I will also wait until the official version for ours is released, I'm not overly comfortable with what I'm reading (not that its apparently the end of the earth either).
Old 09-10-2012, 08:06 AM   #2139
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Points 1,491, Level 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
So it seems that the update is starting to show up for some at SMR and someone started a thread about it over the weekend. They also finally put up my post with the link (the post I submitted several several days ago).

There is also a recent post from the mod over there put up not long ago that reads:

"There is a technical issue with the software update download file on SMR, please do not install. We are working to resolve the issue."
Old 09-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #2140
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
LOL, that's why it's always best to wait for the official release.

The TSB warned the software was still being tested and not to load it on the Focus.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.