My Ford Touch Thread - Page 211 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #2101
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VectorZ View Post
*ot*
This was in called for.

Mod edit

Last edited by _RED_; 09-03-2012 at 09:46 PM. Reason: uncalled for
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #2102
VectorZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100457
What I Drive: 12' Focus Titanium Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 VectorZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Deleted
Wow, thanks for the incredibly insightful and intelligent reply! It really added a lot to the discussion!

Last edited by _RED_; 09-03-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #2103
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VectorZ View Post
Wow, thanks for the incredibly insightful and intelligent reply! It really added a lot to the discussion!
Last time I checked this was a mft thread, not an Apple one. Go discuss computers on a computer forum. This isn't for you necessarily but for all the isheep who have hijacked this thread.

Quote:
This was in called for.

Mod edit
If you're going to delete a post that contained no foul language, at least spell correctly.

Can we now go back to mft?
Old 09-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #2104
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Last time I checked this was a mft thread, not an Apple one. Go discuss computers on a computer forum. This isn't for you necessarily but for all the isheep who have hijacked this thread.

If you're going to delete a post that contained no foul language, at least spell correctly.

Can we now go back to mft?
I was under the impression MFT was running on WinAuto and was itself a computer, so your argument has a big hole in it there.

But I digress, I agree with you, I kept fueling the fire, but I was merely trying to make a point when I mentioned Apple to begin with. That's why in all caps at the end of my last post I asked to get back on track.

BACK ON TRACK:

It was found in the v3.2 upgrade thread that although the new 3.2 upgrade is for the Taurus, Flex, Explorer, etc. and not the Focus/Escape, it WILL WORK when you upgrade the Focus.

YOU WILL LOSE CONTROL OF CLIMATE CONTROL ON THE SCREEN THOUGH.

It will still work on the manual controls below but the screen controls for climate will not be functional, this is thought by us there to be due to the fact that the bigger cars with more climate options are using a different module or what have you that MFT talks to, and so it won't make that connection and will not work.

This is good news on one front though: if they're starting to branch these versions off to be more specific (even though an IVT team member told us the software is the same) then that could be a good sign that they're actually starting to pick it apart and test things.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 09-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #2105
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
More good news, I was finally able to download the Sync Status Checker Tool from SyncMyRide. In the past the download would error with not enough disk space even on an empty 8GB TD.

The package includes cab files containing a manifest and some kind of "interrogator" executable signed by Microsoft. I'll have to play around with this when I get home from work this evening.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #2106
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
I was under the impression MFT was running on WinAuto and was itself a computer, so your argument has a big hole in it there.

But I digress, I agree with you, I kept fueling the fire, but I was merely trying to make a point when I mentioned Apple to begin with. That's why in all caps at the end of my last post I asked to get back on track.

BACK ON TRACK:

It was found in the v3.2 upgrade thread that although the new 3.2 upgrade is for the Taurus, Flex, Explorer, etc. and not the Focus/Escape, it WILL WORK when you upgrade the Focus.

YOU WILL LOSE CONTROL OF CLIMATE CONTROL ON THE SCREEN THOUGH.

It will still work on the manual controls below but the screen controls for climate will not be functional, this is thought by us there to be due to the fact that the bigger cars with more climate options are using a different module or what have you that MFT talks to, and so it won't make that connection and will not work.

This is good news on one front though: if they're starting to branch these versions off to be more specific (even though an IVT team member told us the software is the same) then that could be a good sign that they're actually starting to pick it apart and test things.
Actually it's probably a bad thing...branching off into separate versions means they'll have to support and update *multiple* versions, instead of just one. It's the reason Android is so fragmented now and Apple only releases a single version of iOS. The devices handle it differently, but it's a single install.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #2107
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
Actually it's probably a bad thing...branching off into separate versions means they'll have to support and update *multiple* versions, instead of just one. It's the reason Android is so fragmented now and Apple only releases a single version of iOS. The devices handle it differently, but it's a single install.
Well it's two versions, so it's not that bad. I understand what you're saying but the fact that they're seemingly putting a little more effort into it is a step in the right direction.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 09-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #2108
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Ford has just released a version 3.2 for all vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch EXCEPT the 2012 Focus and 2013 Escape. Just giving an update on things to come, as they say will be in the future for Focus and Escape because of differences in hardware.

Supposed to fix a few of the common issues/bugs, nothing about the clock issues among many other items:
•

•Missing radio preset text

• Radio stays on key off after opening the door

• Voice recognition inoperative

•- pressing the push to talk button on the steering wheel does not initiate audio prompt "please say a command"; only Listening icon is displayed

• Sirius travel link fuel prices show as unsubscribed when it is subscribed
Old 09-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #2109
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
@csvt

This thread has more about it, a link to the update, and results from some that installed it anyway.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296653
Old 09-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #2110
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
@csvt

This thread has more about it, a link to the update, and results from some that installed it anyway.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296653
I just finished the install myself. The climate controls work... kind of. The MFT screen will always show climate off, but when you actually go to the climate screen, pressing the buttons will adjust your climate controls. It just won't update on the screen.

Otherwise... outside temp is added, but I haven't seen many other changes. Remember this will reset your Sirius presets. The major thing I'd have thought would be a relatively easy fix, which is the artist browse headings under USB is not fixed. So, for me, the A-F button will still only cycle A-B-A and the rest do the same with the exception of the T-Z heading, I think it may cycle more only because I have a lot less artist starting with those letters... either way, my main gripe still isn't fixed.

Outside temp is nice to have again :) you can also set that to display the date instead, which I don't know if that was there before because I never really bothered to check. Unfortunately the option for the time + temp is replaced by the date rather than showing all 3 which would make more sense.
Sonic Crew #28

Bookmarks & Social Networks