My Ford Touch Thread - Page 210 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #2091
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Well, getting closer and if that date is accurate, perhaps some of us will have little project for Labor Day weekend?? I'd like to assume we can just download and apply and not have to go to a dealer for it.
Strangely enough, when I was in the dealership the other day (Monday), they updated my MFT. They said there was an update and they performed it. I was on 3.0.2 (installed from the USB stick I got in the mail), so not sure what update they were talking about.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #2092
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Did you notice anything different? Primarily temp back on the screen? I think the next one is supposed to return that. feta said he downloaded the status checker a little while back and threw it in and it ended up installing some little thing on his I believe.

feta, what was the deal with that again?
Old 08-30-2012, 10:15 AM   #2093
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,251, Level 35
Points: 3,251, Level: 35 Points: 3,251, Level: 35 Points: 3,251, Level: 35
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Did you notice anything different? Primarily temp back on the screen? I think the next one is supposed to return that. feta said he downloaded the status checker a little while back and threw it in and it ended up installing some little thing on his I believe.

All it was was the status checker. Someone said they had an update on their SMR page so I looked at mine and didn't have anything, I downloaded the status checker and popped it into my car to make sure and the number that came up as the status checker ran itself was the number the other guy mentioned he saw as an update... so I'm not really sure, but it didn't patch anything for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
Yes, minimizing support. That is 100% true and if you read their quarterly reports for the past decade, that has been a key strategy. Control is one method of obtaining lower support request numbers. They don't control for the sake of control. There's no profit in that. Stop being a fanboy and look at the business logic.
If that's such simple business logic why doesn't anyone else do it? I get what you're saying, a higher degree of control over the product and more stable hardware leads to less support requests because things just work and consumer have less issues and of course this leads to more money at the end of the day as warranty work and product replacement shrinks. You'd think that simple logic would apply to all companies but somehow it escapes most of them. As I said.. there's a reason they're on top of so many things in the world of technology.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 08-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #2094
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:

It didn't seem to really change *anything*. I can't seem to find any difference between what I had before and what I have now. It's also not listed in the service sheet I got, so no idea what the guy was talking about.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:21 AM   #2095
VectorZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100457
What I Drive: 12' Focus Titanium Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 VectorZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Just got back from a 200 mile roadtrip, the first trip I've taken where I needed to really use the navigation and other features. Overall it works pretty well, I like being able to use the phone number of the business to navigate to instead of typing in the whole address. I wish it had Yelp or Zagat integration for the restaurants because when you're in a new place "The Roadhouse" doesn't really mean a whole lot.

What I dislike most is the seemingly totally random areas you cannot use by touch. You'll be scrolling through multiple screens when suddenly the message "some features are disabled blah blah" it's iditotic and pointless! And yes my wife was in the car using the system. I'd rather have to hit the "I agree" button each time and have unrestricted access to ALL the functions.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:11 PM   #2096
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

Points 4,070, Level 40
Points: 4,070, Level: 40 Points: 4,070, Level: 40 Points: 4,070, Level: 40
Level Up 60% Completed
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%
Forum Activity 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%
FF Reputation: 11 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Unfortunately, Apple is one of the only companies that extensively tests internally to the point where the end product is usually very stable...
Are you familiar with the details of testing methodologies used by "other" companies?

Quote:
What I love about Apple is they use what works to make sure the consumer has the best experience possible, but they also pioneer new technology, like Thunderbolt...
Is that the same Thunderbolt that was developed by Intel and is used in some Windows computers?

Quote:
...and their Retina Display tech in the iPhone, iPad and now MacBook Pro.
Are you referring to the Retina display that is made by Samsung and others?

A high resolution display is not a new technology.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:25 PM   #2097
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
What are you trying to say, Kabigon? That Apple hasn't actually innovated anything since the 90s? That's not true. They have...um...the unibody Macbook. That's...you know...something. I find it hard to believe that a company whose official instructions to make one of their products work was to drop it from a few inches would make anything that's crap.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #2098
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
Strangely enough, when I was in the dealership the other day (Monday), they updated my MFT. They said there was an update and they performed it. I was on 3.0.2 (installed from the USB stick I got in the mail), so not sure what update they were talking about.
Mine did that to me months ago. The app that reports back to Ford that the software was successfully installed never did, so they messed with my install so it would.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using FF Mobile
Old 09-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #2099
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,251, Level 35
Points: 3,251, Level: 35 Points: 3,251, Level: 35 Points: 3,251, Level: 35
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
Are you familiar with the details of testing methodologies used by "other" companies?

Is that the same Thunderbolt that was developed by Intel and is used in some Windows computers?

Are you referring to the Retina display that is made by Samsung and others?

A high resolution display is not a new technology.
So tell me, why did Apple widely implement Thunderbolt first? Why is Apple widely implementing the Retina Display tech first?

I never said they DEVELOPED it, I said they PIONEERED it. There's a difference. If Samsung was smart and wanted to compete better in the phone and tablet market, they'd be putting *their* Retina Display technology in their own products. The iPhone 4/4S still has the highest pixel density of any mobile device and all Android fanboys do is say "well my screen is bigger..."

So, let's get the record straight, Apple PIONEERS new technology, but just the same they know what works well and what doesn't, so at the end of the day their customers get the best EXPERIENCE, not necessarily all the newest tech.

BACK ON TOPIC NOW PLEASE.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 09-03-2012, 11:32 AM   #2100
VectorZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100457
What I Drive: 12' Focus Titanium Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 VectorZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
*ot*
Quote:
in cars, brand x (i don’t want to offend) and bmw (i don’t drive one) get their steel, aluminum, plastics, rubber, and electronics from similar — and often the same — suppliers. But their respective chefs coax the ingredients differently, with markedly different aesthetic and financial outcomes.

Did ibm invent the pc? Did hp invent the pocket calculators or desktop computers that once put them at the top of the high tech world? Did henry ford invent the automobile.

So, yes, if we stick to the basic ingredients list, apple didn’t invent anything…not the apple ][, nor the macintosh, not the ipod, the iphone, or the ipad…to say nothing of apple stores and app stores. We’d seen them all before, in one fashion or another.

And yet, we can’t escape a key fact: The same chef was involved in all these creations. He didn’t write the code or design the hardware, but he was there in the kitchen — the “executive chef” in trade parlance — with a unique gift for picking ingredients and whipping up unique products.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.