My Ford Touch Thread - Page 208 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #2071
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
from bsquare's 2nd quarter sec filings:

"microsoft corporation ("microsoft") became our largest engineering services customer during the first quarter of this year, replacing ford motor company ("ford"), as microsoft replaced ford as the invoiced customer on the myford touch program. We continue to work on the myford touch, a project we began with ford during the second quarter of 2008, however we now conduct these services through an agreement with microsoft. During the initial project with ford, we provided hardware design and implementation, platform level software development, application level software development, quality assurance services and systems integration services. The project has transitioned since the initial project such that we are now primarily focused on developing and integrating new user applications for the myford touch, enhancing existing applications and customizing the myford touch platform for additional vehicle models. Service revenue from the myford touch program declined $690,000 to $1.7 million, or 26% of total service revenue, for the three months ended june 30, 2012, compared to $2.4 million, or 38% of total service revenue, in the year-ago period. Service revenue from the myford touch program declined $1.2 million to $3.5 million, or 25% of total service revenue, for the six months ended june 30, 2012, compared to $4.7 million, or 35% of total service revenue, in the year-ago period. The number of engineers working on the myford touch project has declined in the current year under the new agreement with microsoft."
ygbsm...

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #2072
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Quote:
From Bsquare's 2nd quarter SEC filings:

"Microsoft Corporation ("Microsoft") became our largest engineering services customer during the first quarter of this year, replacing Ford Motor Company ("Ford"), as Microsoft replaced Ford as the invoiced customer on the MyFord Touch program. We continue to work on the MyFord Touch, a project we began with Ford during the second quarter of 2008, however we now conduct these services through an agreement with Microsoft. During the initial project with Ford, we provided hardware design and implementation, platform level software development, application level software development, quality assurance services and systems integration services. The project has transitioned since the initial project such that we are now primarily focused on developing and integrating new user applications for the MyFord Touch, enhancing existing applications and customizing the MyFord Touch platform for additional vehicle models. Service revenue from the MyFord Touch program declined $690,000 to $1.7 million, or 26% of total service revenue, for the three months ended June 30, 2012, compared to $2.4 million, or 38% of total service revenue, in the year-ago period. Service revenue from the MyFord Touch program declined $1.2 million to $3.5 million, or 25% of total service revenue, for the six months ended June 30, 2012, compared to $4.7 million, or 35% of total service revenue, in the year-ago period. The number of engineers working on the MyFord Touch project has declined in the current year under the new agreement with Microsoft."
So Ford just hired MS to keep an eye on Bsquare.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #2073
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
From Bsquare's 2nd quarter SEC filings:

"Microsoft Corporation ("Microsoft") became our largest engineering services customer during the first quarter of this year, replacing Ford Motor Company ("Ford"), as Microsoft replaced Ford as the invoiced customer on the MyFord Touch program. We continue to work on the MyFord Touch, a project we began with Ford during the second quarter of 2008, however we now conduct these services through an agreement with Microsoft. During the initial project with Ford, we provided hardware design and implementation, platform level software development, application level software development, quality assurance services and systems integration services. The project has transitioned since the initial project such that we are now primarily focused on developing and integrating new user applications for the MyFord Touch, enhancing existing applications and customizing the MyFord Touch platform for additional vehicle models. Service revenue from the MyFord Touch program declined $690,000 to $1.7 million, or 26% of total service revenue, for the three months ended June 30, 2012, compared to $2.4 million, or 38% of total service revenue, in the year-ago period. Service revenue from the MyFord Touch program declined $1.2 million to $3.5 million, or 25% of total service revenue, for the six months ended June 30, 2012, compared to $4.7 million, or 35% of total service revenue, in the year-ago period. The number of engineers working on the MyFord Touch project has declined in the current year under the new agreement with Microsoft."
Less engineers = more problems that will not be fixed in a timely manner and more issues to come.

This explains why the whole system has gotten worse with the v3 update and why the v2 system had many more features and increased functionality.

I had a theory that the same people (engineers) who developed the v2 system were not the same idiots who tried to make this v3 crap MFT. Now I know I was right.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #2074
questrider
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102095
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 questrider Good Standing Member
I really wanted MFT because I loved how it worked for the ten or so minutes I played with it in the dealer's lot. (In addition to wanting the Sony 10-speaker setup.) However, after reading all the comments here I went with the basic 300A package sans MFT so I had to sacrifice the Sony sound system. Hopefully Ford and whoever is programming the code for the interface will get it under control and nearly flawless sometime in the future so when I get my next car I'll have a great touchscreen accessory in the vehicle.

Or, by then tablets will interface with a car completely through an app designed to work with the API of a car manufacturer.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:06 PM   #2075
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Was driving to work the other day - MFT decided to give me a windows error (again) and completely die for about 5 minutes before a reboot and everything working again. F U Bsquare and Ford.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using FF Mobile
Old 08-26-2012, 01:48 AM   #2076
VectorZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100457
What I Drive: 12' Focus Titanium Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 VectorZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
Got confirmation of a patch in 2 weeks and then a 4th quarter update to address anything found after the patch.

Anyone experiencing the missing NAV card issue should get the USB hub replaced.
If it happens to me again, I'm going to do just that.
Is this patch for all cars, or just those with major issues? I've only had my car for two months and I've really had no issues aside from a few screen lags here and there. No missing info, no crashes, no lockups.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #2077
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VectorZ View Post
Is this patch for all cars, or just those with major issues? I've only had my car for two months and I've really had no issues aside from a few screen lags here and there. No missing info, no crashes, no lockups.
I don't have that information.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #2078
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by questrider View Post
I really wanted MFT because I loved how it worked for the ten or so minutes I played with it in the dealer's lot. (In addition to wanting the Sony 10-speaker setup.) However, after reading all the comments here I went with the basic 300A package sans MFT so I had to sacrifice the Sony sound system. Hopefully Ford and whoever is programming the code for the interface will get it under control and nearly flawless sometime in the future so when I get my next car I'll have a great touchscreen accessory in the vehicle.

Or, by then tablets will interface with a car completely through an app designed to work with the API of a car manufacturer.
I have tried the Hyundai system. My cousin has has his for 3 months. It works wonderfully. I'm pretty sure in the next two years all manufacturers will have something like MFT.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:40 AM   #2079
Mazingo
Banned

Fan#: 103085
What I Drive: 2010 black Ranger

FF Reputation: -2 Mazingo Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Why is MFT only in North America and is forced on us if we want to the good Sony audio system?When I asked the question to a salesman his answer was that it only worked with MFT.Recently when I was looking at pictures of the Focus ST,I noticed that it had the Sony audio without MFT. I was happy to see that someone at Ford listened.Well ,they didn't because the pictures were the European model! And in Europe they don't have MFT.So why do we need to put up with MFT to get great audio???
Old 08-26-2012, 08:40 AM   #2080
misfire

Fan#: 31379
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2014 Mazda CX-5

FF Reputation: 30 misfire Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
I have tried the Hyundai system. My cousin has has his for 3 months. It works wonderfully. I'm pretty sure in the next two years all manufacturers will have something like MFT.
Unfortunately the Hyundai system has issues as well. I worked for Hyundai from April to July of this year and could not feel comfortable working for their product.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using FF Mobile

Bookmarks & Social Networks