My Ford Touch Thread - Page 207 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #2061
fixxer
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100842
What I Drive: 2012 Gray Focus Titanium Hb

FF Reputation: 1 fixxer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks! Will give it a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Yes, do an internet search for delayedreboot.cab. You can download it and throw it on a drive and use it to force a reboot. You don't lose any of your saved info.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #2062
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Points 1,321, Level 20
Points: 1,321, Level: 20 Points: 1,321, Level: 20 Points: 1,321, Level: 20
Level Up 21% Completed
Level up: 21% Level up: 21% Level up: 21%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
I refrained from posting the other day because I was ready to drive my car into a wall, so I'll share now when I'm in a somewhat better mood...

- Neither BT Audio nor USB (iPod) were working
- iPod acted as if it was playing but no sound was coming out of speakers; prior to this, it would play but wouldn't allow me to use the >> button to change songs
- BT Audio usually works, but it continually dropped the BT connection as soon as I switched to that audio source

- I did everything Ford suggests, and beyond:
- Master Reset
- Rebooted iPod multiple times
- Rebooted my phone multiple times
- Soft reset the iPod

None of this resolved the issues. I literally spent my entire 25-minute drive home from work on Tuesday trying to get the damn system to either play a song on my iPod or stream a podcast from my phone. In the end, it was nothing but a distracting, quiet commute home.

Finally, I gave up and I pulled the fuses last night.

The system's working fine now. Well, these problems are resolved - for now... all the other quirks/bugs are still there...

Again, this is ridiculous. I didn't buy a $28K car to have to deal with these kind of issues on a daily basis. Might as well have saved myself thousands and bought an SE.

And yes, I've taken it to the dealer. Numerous times. And talked with the IVT team. And worked with my CSM. I just want the damn thing to work like it's supposed to already!
delayedreboot.cab
Old 08-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #2063
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Got confirmation of a patch in 2 weeks and then a 4th quarter update to address anything found after the patch.

Anyone experiencing the missing NAV card issue should get the USB hub replaced.
If it happens to me again, I'm going to do just that.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:20 PM   #2064
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
Got confirmation of a patch in 2 weeks and then a 4th quarter update to address anything found after the patch.
Nice. Who gave you the info?
Old 08-23-2012, 03:22 PM   #2065
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

My service rep who is kind enough to hear my complaints and get me back to loving my ride.
Emphasis was put on 2 weeks and Q4.
I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #2066
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Points 1,491, Level 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
My service rep who is kind enough to hear my complaints and get me back to loving my ride.
Emphasis was put on 2 weeks and Q4.
I'm really looking forward to it.
Oh, just checking. I was in VanBortel last Saturday (inspection) and they were asking how MFT was behaving (to which I replied in a brutally honest, but polite, fashion). They asked because they spent a lot of time working on mine. One of them told me about the update coming (which we all already knew sort of) but didn't commit to an actual time frame other than "should be soon from what we are being told".
Old 08-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #2067
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
delayedreboot.cab
Well that just eliminates the fuse-pull problem... the rest still applies!

Here's to hoping the patch/update rumors are true.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 08-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #2068
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Points 1,491, Level 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
From Bsquare's 2nd quarter SEC filings:

"Microsoft Corporation ("Microsoft") became our largest engineering services customer during the first quarter of this year, replacing Ford Motor Company ("Ford"), as Microsoft replaced Ford as the invoiced customer on the MyFord Touch program. We continue to work on the MyFord Touch, a project we began with Ford during the second quarter of 2008, however we now conduct these services through an agreement with Microsoft. During the initial project with Ford, we provided hardware design and implementation, platform level software development, application level software development, quality assurance services and systems integration services. The project has transitioned since the initial project such that we are now primarily focused on developing and integrating new user applications for the MyFord Touch, enhancing existing applications and customizing the MyFord Touch platform for additional vehicle models. Service revenue from the MyFord Touch program declined $690,000 to $1.7 million, or 26% of total service revenue, for the three months ended June 30, 2012, compared to $2.4 million, or 38% of total service revenue, in the year-ago period. Service revenue from the MyFord Touch program declined $1.2 million to $3.5 million, or 25% of total service revenue, for the six months ended June 30, 2012, compared to $4.7 million, or 35% of total service revenue, in the year-ago period. The number of engineers working on the MyFord Touch project has declined in the current year under the new agreement with Microsoft."
Old 08-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #2069
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Oh, just checking. I was in VanBortel last Saturday (inspection) and they were asking how MFT was behaving (to which I replied in a brutally honest, but polite, fashion). They asked because they spent a lot of time working on mine. One of them told me about the update coming (which we all already knew sort of) but didn't commit to an actual time frame other than "should be soon from what we are being told".
It was the corporate rep i have been dealing with over the phone. I actually took my car into Cortese dealership yesterday and got confirmation SEPT 1 for the patch. They were notified because they have a few customers repeatedly bring in their cars for MFT problems. He said I could pull in any time after Sept 1 and he would apply the patch for me. The service guy there did not know about a Q4 update.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #2070
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:
From Bsquare's 2nd quarter SEC filings:

"We continue to work on the MyFord Touch, a project we began with Ford during the second quarter of 2008, however we now conduct these services through an agreement with Microsoft."
OMFGWTF. That explains everything. I knew there was no way 3.0 was a complete re-write. Ford is out of their minds.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.