My Ford Touch Thread - Page 204 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #2031
red-i
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18685
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti - Tuxedo Black

FF Reputation: 1 red-i Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
I had my car in for some work. The decided to check my MFT. I told them to leave it alone because I did it myself (the memory stick upgrade) Well they checked it any how. By checking the wiped out all my saves. Now I am worried that they corrupted my MFT.

What should I do?
i'm sure it's fine. why not just do a master reset to be safe and then put back all your presets etc...

funny enough when I did a master reset, it kept my fm/am radio presets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 06:48 AM   #2032
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
I had my car in for some work. The decided to check my MFT. I told them to leave it alone because I did it myself (the memory stick upgrade) Well they checked it any how. By checking the wiped out all my saves. Now I am worried that they corrupted my MFT.

What should I do?
Sounds like they did a master reset or maybe disconnected the battery for another reason.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:49 AM   #2033
lewisra
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
Yes, I have it installed from the dealer when it first arrived there. I have Iphone 4 with AT&T. I have always had this phone paired with my Ford, it has worked perfectly up until the master reset (with the intent of fixing navigation menu freezing).

I have given up on the MFT system. Since a master reset, Bluetooth streaming is shot; Navigation by voice is a hazard; Finding POIs by touch is impossible and freezes; The system freezes; buttons (shuffle of all things) don't work; Hanging up the phone turns on the radio; Sending destinations by google maps no longer works. Using the system with a passenger in the car is now a total embarrassment as they laugh as I try to get the damn thing to have the basic functions of a car stereo.

I've lost all enthusiasm for this car after a road trip this weekend and unable to use my expensive, state-of-the-art radio/navigation system for large chunks of it.
I'd try the delayedreboot.cab.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:01 AM   #2034
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-i View Post
funny enough when I did a master reset, it kept my fm/am radio presets.
Which shows that even the master reset, the ultimate Ford-recommended fix for everything, has bugs. I've done them and had it wipe my presets and phone but keep my wallpaper. I've had it wipe my wallpaper and phone but keep my presets. This indicates to me that it did not really complete a full reset.

Even the master "temporary bug-fixer" seems to be buggy.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #2035
red-i
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18685
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti - Tuxedo Black

FF Reputation: 1 red-i Good Standing Member
^ Yeah, I tend to agree.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #2036
nole0675
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90795
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 nole0675 Good Standing Member
I've seen another update mentioned a few times lately. Does anyone have any info on fixes or release date? Thanks.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #2037
Blk5dr64
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100542
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titainium

FF Reputation: 1 Blk5dr64 Good Standing Member
Traffic nearby

When I access Traffic nearby with MFT, the routes are miles away from my actual location. Anything I need to reset? Help please!
Old 08-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #2038
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Sorry for the delayed replies - haven't had a chance to visit the forums in about a week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by macatron View Post
I don't know if this will help, but you might try switching to the other USB port. Maybe something is messed up with the port your cable is currently plugged into.
Tried that, no change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-i View Post
^ what about pulling the fuse for MFT?
Tried that, no change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
I'd try the delayedreboot.cab without the iPod plugged in.
Haven't run the .cab, though the fuse pull should've done the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Did you try soft resetting your iPod, TiPilot? If not, I recommend it:

http://Support.Apple.com/kb/HT1320
Not recently - I'll give it a shot.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Which shows that even the master reset, the ultimate Ford-recommended fix for everything, has bugs. I've done them and had it wipe my presets and phone but keep my wallpaper. I've had it wipe my wallpaper and phone but keep my presets. This indicates to me that it did not really complete a full reset.

Even the master "temporary bug-fixer" seems to be buggy.
And herein lies my main criticism as well.

I've had a new APIM installed, been through countless "scheduled maintenance" screens and Master Resets. There is simply no consistent behavior. It's ridiculous.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 08-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #2039
lewisra
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post

Haven't run the .cab, though the fuse pull should've done the same.

So when you replace the fuse it runs the "schedule system maintenance"? Didn't know that I've never done a fuse pull.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #2040
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
I never have the issues you guys are talking about with voice command.
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
It weirdly sometimes seems to get locked into this thing that it thinks no matter what I say the song starts with a certain letter. "Play song Haunted", a list of four songs that start with "M". "None of those", "Play song Haunted", 4 different songs that start with "M", "None of those", "Play song Haunted", yet 4 even different songs that start with "M".
OK, something happened yesterday that is causing me to rethink the whole root cause of the voice problem I have been having, when considered along with another major problem I have had since the update. My initial thought was that my index was whacked, not totally wiped out and rebuilt after the update. I have had two dealer reinstalls, countless master resets, reboots, a new APIM, wiped out the iPod, reset, and reloaded, and so on and so on so I don't think it can be that at this point anymore. The other major problem I have been having is since the update my hands-free calling quality tanked as soon as the new version was installed. With 2.11 my wife would not even know I was driving when I called her and since the update, she can barely hear me, is always saying "What? All I can hear is road noise when you are calling from your car."

So I was driving home from work yesterday and hopped on the expressway. I hit voice and said "Play song Porcelain". Four wrong songs, "None of those." I got into "stubborn" mode and refused to give up, doing this over and over ("play song porcelain", "none of those", etc.) The first several miles of my expressway drive on the way home is exposed concrete, some of which was ripped up and replaced last summer. It is quite loud. Further up, closer to civilization I hit a nice smooth asphalt coating on the same expressway. Much quieter when driving. I was still trying to get the song to play. I just happened to hit the nice quiet asphalt and said "Play song Porcelain" for about the 20th time and wham, it didn't play the song but it only gave me two choices, instead of four, and the first choice was "Porcelain".

So this started me thinking about what I mentioned above, the whack-job lists I get and it getting locked into this 'listing songs that start with the same letter' mode. It made me think back to the letters that tend to show up when this happens. I never paid attention but now that I think about it it tends to be letters like S, W, F, M, N, H. I ignored the letter and considered the sound of the letter. I guess I never paid enough attention but it seems that all of these misguided suggestions seem to start with really soft and droning letter sounds. White noise/road noise is also really soft and droning.

I didn't have time to test anymore last night as I was busy but this morning on the expressway I waited until I got to the concrete portion. I hit the voice paddle and said "Browse artist". I didn't say an artist name. It accepted the command and it brought up a list of albums by "The The". I never said "The The". I never said anything. "The The" is repetitive, soft-sounding, and droning. It just filled that in for me without me saying it, like it interpreted the road noise as "The The". I guess my next tests are to find some troublesome song titles that will not work effectively on this stretch of road and then see if they behave any better trying them while sitting in my driveway not moving, no road noise at all.

So, my new theory, based on the fact that my phone call quality has been confirmed to pick up a lot more (as in tons more apparently) background noise than it used to pre-update, is that issuing voice commands for songs is also picking up this noise and having trouble isolating what I am really saying from said background noise and giving me suggestions based on the background noise instead of what I am saying, especially when the road noise is at its peak, using these aforementioned letters, or more accurately aforementioned sounds of letters, based on hearing this noise.

Thoughts anyone? I'm really close to this as it has been a major annoyance since the update and being wrapped up in it so closely I'm not sure I can be totally objective so I am looking for anyone detached from the situation to point out any holes/flawed logic or anything else of note.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->