My Ford Touch Thread - Page 203 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #2021
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,125, Level 27
Points: 2,125, Level: 27 Points: 2,125, Level: 27 Points: 2,125, Level: 27
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-i View Post
I'm just using an 8gig Patriot SD card.

I went through some of my tags and some of the artists are still tagged as 'various' so I think that's part of the issue.

I notice that even though I have had the card in the car for over a week now with no changes, every so often it'll just start indexing and not allow me to use sync commands.

is this part of the design? I would think once it's indexed completely it shouldn't have to again (unless you pop the SD card out and back in).

I have about 1000 songs on the card (roughly 5gigs).
Incomplete metadata can cause the system to not index properly. I recommend correcting these tags and giving it another try. Do you use iTunes or Windows Media Player? If you use iTunes, we offer a tool on SyncMyRide to correct these error; click the SYNC UPDATE tab once you're logged in to your account. Otherwise, here's a helpful link for Windows:

http://www.HowToGeek.com/howto/15693...dia-player-12/

If you're still having indexing concerns after this, I suggest seeing your dealership so they can take a look at your Media Hub.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #2022
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,209, Level 35
Points: 3,209, Level: 35 Points: 3,209, Level: 35 Points: 3,209, Level: 35
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hi, feta_mgp -

Which version of the app do you have installed? The latest version (1.1) shows the Air Temperature Display is coming back, but does not say anything in regards to Gracenotes. Please let me know so I can look into this further.

Jaclyn
I have 1.1, but when you check the app page it no longer says "what was updated" from 1.0-1.1, when it used to show what changes were made, the outside temp added was a bullet and it said something to the effect that gracenote was removed entirely.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 08-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #2023
red-i
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18685
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti - Tuxedo Black

Points 405, Level 8
Points: 405, Level: 8 Points: 405, Level: 8 Points: 405, Level: 8
Level Up 10% Completed
Level up: 10% Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 red-i Good Standing Member
regarding id3 tags, I fixed up all my mp3s perfectly, but when putting the sd card in the car, many files that i had 'fixed' were still showing "various artist" instead of the correct artist. I tried rebuilding the index through the menus but that didn't work. a master reset did work.

would be nice if there was a way to completely wipe and reindex your music via the menus... i think the reindexing wasn't seeing that some of the id3 tag info had changed.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #2024
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Does anyone have trouble with their IPOD resuming automatically after restarting the vehicle?
Old 08-14-2012, 10:44 AM   #2025
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hi, mattphoto -

To confirm, do you have the Performance Upgrade software installed? Also, what type of phone are you using and who's the carrier?
Yes, I have it installed from the dealer when it first arrived there. I have Iphone 4 with AT&T. I have always had this phone paired with my Ford, it has worked perfectly up until the master reset (with the intent of fixing navigation menu freezing).

I have given up on the MFT system. Since a master reset, Bluetooth streaming is shot; Navigation by voice is a hazard; Finding POIs by touch is impossible and freezes; The system freezes; buttons (shuffle of all things) don't work; Hanging up the phone turns on the radio; Sending destinations by google maps no longer works. Using the system with a passenger in the car is now a total embarrassment as they laugh as I try to get the damn thing to have the basic functions of a car stereo.

I've lost all enthusiasm for this car after a road trip this weekend and unable to use my expensive, state-of-the-art radio/navigation system for large chunks of it.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #2026
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
Using the system with a passenger in the car is now a total embarrassment
Man, I know that feeling, especially if involves someone that was familiar with how it worked before I was "upgraded". Being able to tell it to play a song and have it play the song was such a "wow" factor to people previously. Now I won't even try it with someone else in the car as it is totally humiliating to get list after list of the wrong song titles and saying "none of those" again and again. I unfortunately have to resort to the "browse artist" commands and drill down through the screen when someone is with me.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #2027
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,209, Level 35
Points: 3,209, Level: 35 Points: 3,209, Level: 35 Points: 3,209, Level: 35
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
It baffles me just how inconsistent this system is from person to person. I never have the issues you guys are talking about with voice command or bluetooth streaming. I do have input selection issues (the whole highlighted input can't be chosen, thing) and occasionally missing labels on the radio/SIRIUS stations, etc. but never anything as bad as you guys have experienced.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 08-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #2028
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
I never have the issues you guys are talking about with voice command
I should note that is just related to the dynamic data (my index words) it seems. I don't have any problems with the voice for things that are consistent for all of us (the static climate commands, map, weather map, things like that, those work fine). Had I not ever witnessed how well it worked with v2.11 I would probably have chalked it up to "that's just the way it works" but having seen it work so well before I know something is broken. Same music I had on there prior to the upgrade as well so it is not like it is a whole new set of music. Two dealer reinstalls and a new APIM and still no different. It weirdly sometimes seems to get locked into this thing that it thinks no matter what I say the song starts with a certain letter. "Play song Haunted", a list of four songs that start with "M". "None of those", "Play song Haunted", 4 different songs that start with "M", "None of those", "Play song Haunted", yet 4 even different songs that start with "M". Quite irritating.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #2029
red-i
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18685
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti - Tuxedo Black

Points 405, Level 8
Points: 405, Level: 8 Points: 405, Level: 8 Points: 405, Level: 8
Level Up 10% Completed
Level up: 10% Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 red-i Good Standing Member
regarding the touchscreen itself, does anyone else notice that the film on top of the screen is slightly raised in the middle? you can feel your finger has to travel further before hitting the screen itself. just wondering if this is some small thing that's particular to my screen or if it's just generally like this?
Old 08-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #2030
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

Points 1,511, Level 22
Points: 1,511, Level: 22 Points: 1,511, Level: 22 Points: 1,511, Level: 22
Level Up 11% Completed
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
I had my car in for some work. The decided to check my MFT. I told them to leave it alone because I did it myself (the memory stick upgrade) Well they checked it any how. By checking the wiped out all my saves. Now I am worried that they corrupted my MFT.

What should I do?

Bookmarks & Social Networks