My Ford Touch Thread - Page 202 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #2011
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-i View Post
what's the deal with gracenote? is it better left off? if turned on, it won't touch the id3 tags on the files themselves, correct? I have a couple of albums that for some reason it's not reading the id3 tags properly, is gracenote going to help out or am i best to always leave it off?
If i recall, the next software update to mft won't even include gracenote, so I would leave it off.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using FF Mobile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #2012
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
If i recall, the next software update to mft won't even include gracenote, so I would leave it off.

That's what the update to the mobile app showed... bringing back the outside temp, and removing gracenote entirely. I can't imagine the system having to delve through countless artists to find the right artwork was helping system stability when it can barely do what it's supposed to without issues as it is, lol
Sonic Crew #28
Old 08-06-2012, 11:29 PM   #2013
NoiseDesign
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95396
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium 5Door

FF Reputation: 1 NoiseDesign Good Standing Member
Version 3 made things better for me but it is still mostly broken. I've had the car in to the dealership 6 times since I got it in February for MFT issues. Mainly the system freezing up or all sorts of screen glitches and non responsive touch interface.

Customer service at my dealership is now in the loop on the car after the latest service appointment this morning involved the assistant service manager acknowledging all the issues and saying there was no real point in dropping the car off as there was nothing they could do beyond another master reset. The APIM has already been replaced when they did the update to Version 3.

My dealer is Galpin in LA and they've been very good. We are going to try the update that is due out this month but if that doesn't solve the issues then it is escalating and we may start the process for a vehicle buy back.

It's unfortunate. The rest if the car is very nice but a feature that I paid a lot of money to have is just broken.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #2014
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Last month, all of a sudden, my iPod stopped allowing me to switch to the next track (>> button on the steering wheel or on the MFT screen, or using the "Next Track" audio command) when playing music. We were on our 2,000 mile road trip and it was working fine at first - somewhere in the middle this started happening. The MFT system re-started itself ("Performing Maintenance..." screen) three times during the trip and I'm not sure of exactly what point at which this occurred.

I've tried a Master Reset, etc. and nothing is fixing the problem. The iPod hasn't been plugged into a computer in months - and it was working fine before - so the only possible change is something inside the MFT system.

Any ideas, fellow Focus Fanatics?

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 08-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #2015
macatron
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65326
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Ti Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 macatron Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Last month, all of a sudden, my iPod stopped allowing me to switch to the next track (>> button on the steering wheel or on the MFT screen, or using the "Next Track" audio command) when playing music. We were on our 2,000 mile road trip and it was working fine at first - somewhere in the middle this started happening. The MFT system re-started itself ("Performing Maintenance..." screen) three times during the trip and I'm not sure of exactly what point at which this occurred.

I've tried a Master Reset, etc. and nothing is fixing the problem. The iPod hasn't been plugged into a computer in months - and it was working fine before - so the only possible change is something inside the MFT system.

I don't know if this will help, but you might try switching to the other USB port. Maybe something is messed up with the port your cable is currently plugged into.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #2016
red-i
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18685
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti - Tuxedo Black

FF Reputation: 1 red-i Good Standing Member
^ what about pulling the fuse for MFT?
Old 08-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #2017
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Can't think of anything off the top of my head. Have you reset and reloaded the iPod? Have you tried it w/anything else (streaming BT or a drive w/some music on it or something) and see if the commands work there?
Old 08-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #2018
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:

I'd try the delayedreboot.cab without the iPod plugged in.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #2019
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
I never did a master reset before... then I got fed up with the NAV freezing up when browsing POIs for a trip i was planning, especially with voice commands. I figured it couldn't hurt to try the master reset.
I did it and now my system is barely usable. BT streaming is hit or miss. My phone doesn't connect half the time. I can't change devices reliably anymore. The screen jumps from device to device when i try. The screen dims and brightens (very distracting) constantly as my driving lighting conditions change every so slightly. Nav POI menus are still useless.
Hi, mattphoto -

To confirm, do you have the Performance Upgrade software installed? Also, what type of phone are you using and who's the carrier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-i View Post
what's the deal with gracenote? is it better left off? if turned on, it won't touch the id3 tags on the files themselves, correct? I have a couple of albums that for some reason it's not reading the id3 tags properly, is gracenote going to help out or am i best to always leave it off?
Hey, red-i -

I'd like to look into this, what type of device are you using to play music?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
I haven't heard weather or not the next update will include a Gracenote update, blackraven456, but stay turned for announcements:

http://Boards.SyncCommunity.com/n/pf...cmb&listMode=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
That's what the update to the mobile app showed... bringing back the outside temp, and removing gracenote entirely. I can't imagine the system having to delve through countless artists to find the right artwork was helping system stability when it can barely do what it's supposed to without issues as it is, lol
Hi, feta_mgp -

Which version of the app do you have installed? The latest version (1.1) shows the Air Temperature Display is coming back, but does not say anything in regards to Gracenotes. Please let me know so I can look into this further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseDesign View Post
Version 3 made things better for me but it is still mostly broken. I've had the car in to the dealership 6 times since I got it in February for MFT issues. Mainly the system freezing up or all sorts of screen glitches and non responsive touch interface.

Customer service at my dealership is now in the loop on the car after the latest service appointment this morning involved the assistant service manager acknowledging all the issues and saying there was no real point in dropping the car off as there was nothing they could do beyond another master reset. The APIM has already been replaced when they did the update to Version 3.

My dealer is Galpin in LA and they've been very good. We are going to try the update that is due out this month but if that doesn't solve the issues then it is escalating and we may start the process for a vehicle buy back.

It's unfortunate. The rest if the car is very nice but a feature that I paid a lot of money to have is just broken.
Hey, NoiseDesign -

I'm glad to hear Galpin is taking good care of you! I'd like to look into your concerns and ensure they're properly documented. Please PM me your VIN so I can do so. :)

Quote:

Did you try soft resetting your iPod, TiPilot? If not, I recommend it:

http://Support.Apple.com/kb/HT1320

Let me know if this helps!

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 08-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #2020
red-i
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18685
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti - Tuxedo Black

FF Reputation: 1 red-i Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hi, red-i -

I'd like to look into this, what type of device are you using to play music?
I'm just using an 8gig Patriot SD card.

I went through some of my tags and some of the artists are still tagged as 'various' so I think that's part of the issue.

I notice that even though I have had the card in the car for over a week now with no changes, every so often it'll just start indexing and not allow me to use sync commands.

is this part of the design? I would think once it's indexed completely it shouldn't have to again (unless you pop the SD card out and back in).

I have about 1000 songs on the card (roughly 5gigs).

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->