My Ford Touch Thread - Page 201 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #2001
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyInBC View Post
Yet another bug in MFT that I saw for the first time earlier this week. I started an iPod playlist with shuffle enabled for my morning commute. When I returned to my car for the evening drive home, MFT resumed my playlist (after I manually switched to the entertainment screen and pressed the giant "Play" button, because it still won't resume playing from my iPod after a shutdown/restart cycle no matter what) but finished in playlist order, even though I still had shuffle enabled and it had already played several of those songs from the tail end of the playlist that morning in shuffle mode.
This happens with playing all songs by any artist as well. You may leave it in shuffle when you get out, but upon re playing when you get back in, it's back to ABC order.

In addition, when using USB audio and browsing the artist/album/song selections, the A-Z selectors at the top which are supposed to cycle in order between the letters they encompass only cycle the first 2-3 letters for each heading instead of the 6 or so letters they each cover.

For instance, hitting the first A heading will go from A-B-back to A rather than C.

Annoying issue.
Sonic Crew #28
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #2002
CourtneyNYC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86057
What I Drive: 2010 - Sterling Gray&2012 White Ti

FF Reputation: 1 CourtneyNYC Good Standing Member
MYFORDTOUCH continues to be the most entertaining thing I've ever had in an automobile.

It's not much good for it's intended purpose . . but, for the patient, you can make it work. About all I do is listen to the radio but I love the fact that every day the screen seems to find some new odd quirks to go through. Buttons go blank, screen freezes, toss up the Ford Blue Oval imposed on the active screen and whoever did the navigation . . gotta love their sense of humor.

Trying to enter and address can render a person insane. I'v'e got a Garmin Nuvi on the dash so it's no big deal but trying to navigate by the MFT would be a challenge . . as so many others have observed.

My personal favorite are all the Travel Link stuff . . . .while I am driving I can check fuel prices, ski conditions, traffic and browse movies . . but if I touch the Sports button . . yep, system locks up and tells me "not while we're driving". It's evident that all the various functions were programmed by different groups.

I also am amused that the navigation will do so many things while you are driving EXCEPT . . allow you to enter and address.

Not sure which is more dangerous . . entering while driving or coming to a complete stop on the Cross Bronx Expressway to enter an address.

It's a crummy system . . but Ford is on the right track and it's light years ahead of the Mercedes-Benz COMAND and the Porsche PCM.

I have enough faith in Ford that I've ordered a 2013 Escape (with the same system . . heck, the same interior) as the 2012 Focus.

Keep at it Ford . . . it's frustrating . . but I know you're trying.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #2003
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Sorry, I have to vent every once in awhile, but why the hell can't they get it straight?! There is just no excuse. I'm sitting here playing with a custom ROM on my HTC phone that some guy wrote in his spare time, ungodly numbers of layers of complexity compared to this system, and it doesn't flip out and crash ever. $100 billion dollar company. WTF.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #2004
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Overall MFT was working well for me. No phone connectivity issues, no streaming problems, rarely hung up, rarely had any issues other than a horrible POI system. I was ok with everything and hoping for minor improvements.

I never did a master reset before... then I got fed up with the NAV freezing up when browsing POIs for a trip i was planning, especially with voice commands. I figured it couldn't hurt to try the master reset.
I did it and now my system is barely usable. BT streaming is hit or miss. My phone doesn't connect half the time. I can't change devices reliably anymore. The screen jumps from device to device when i try. The screen dims and brightens (very distracting) constantly as my driving lighting conditions change every so slightly. Nav POI menus are still useless.

Essentially the Master Reset junked my system. Now I see why people were complaining so much :(
Old 08-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #2005
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
Essentially the Master Reset junked my system. Now I see why people were complaining so much :(
You didn't happen to pay attention to how long it took did you? Having had to do so many myself, I'm really familiar with the process and one thing I noticed is that sometimes, even though you do one, it doesn't really fully do it (yup, even the "master reset, the be-all/end-all fix to everything seems to have bugs). I learned to recognize this by how quick the process went. Have you tried a second?

I got so fed up with re-doing presets/settings and re-pairing my phone all the time that I finally just downloaded the delayed reboot app. That seems to stabilize the system as well as a (working) reset did for me but without as much hassle.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #2006
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
I didn't notice... it was considerably longer than the delayed reboot and it appeared that all the status bard went fully filled. Should I try again? (and lose my favorite destination voice names again :( )

I delayed reboot often, kind of like a system maintenance.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #2007
red-i
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18685
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti - Tuxedo Black

FF Reputation: 1 red-i Good Standing Member
so far mine's been ok. i had my phone pairing stop working once, i had to re-pair my phone.

other than that I've had a few small issues:

i had a phone call come in today, it was ringing through the speakers but there was no prompt on the screen.

I have a MJ album called "the essentials of michael jackson" in the car. id3 tags are fine (i cleaned them with tag & remove).. but if i try saying "play album..." it never finds it. all other albums play perfectly through sync. not really a big deal. i guess sync doesn't like MJ :)

when I have shuffle turned on and I use the voice command to turn it off ,sometimes the shuffle button is lit as if shuffle is still turned on.

when i'm listening to mp3s sometimes the sound cuts out for a second. it's like it quickly fades out then back in. it seems to always happen on the first song i'm listening to after I start up the car and happens within 30 seconds into the song.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #2008
fixxer
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100842
What I Drive: 2012 Gray Focus Titanium Hb

FF Reputation: 1 fixxer Good Standing Member
I get the flash cut out on the music every time after I start the car, probably within 2 - 3 minutes of driving. Really odd.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #2009
red-i
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18685
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti - Tuxedo Black

FF Reputation: 1 red-i Good Standing Member
what's the deal with gracenote? is it better left off? if turned on, it won't touch the id3 tags on the files themselves, correct? I have a couple of albums that for some reason it's not reading the id3 tags properly, is gracenote going to help out or am i best to always leave it off?
Old 08-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #2010
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
I haven't tried having it on after the 3.0.2 update but back with V2.11 I found things worked much better for me if I just left it all off.

Bookmarks & Social Networks