My Ford Touch Thread - Page 192 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-30-2012, 12:12 AM   #1911
WizardSkills
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100116
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL 303A 5-door

FF Reputation: 3 WizardSkills Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Not your fault. The same thing has happened to me a couple of times, albeit minus the extra occupants and octomom action, but I agree it is slightly annoying.
2009 Town Car SigLim-sold
1999 Ranger Toreador Red XLT 4x4 Off-Road-sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #1912
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
All my numbers (preset boxes, current station, current location, EQ bars, etc) are all gone, once again. I knew it couldn't possibly have worked for long. It does get old after a while.

How in the world am I ever going to be able to sell the car, when people get in and see some messed up glitchy system, because it rarely works without a hiccup?
Old 07-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #1913
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Here's an interesting one. I was driving to work listening to my zune when it cut off mid-song. The sources on the left of the screen said USB and not Microsoft Zune which is what it always says when connected. The wire was still connected and everything was as it should have been, so I pulled the cord out and plugged it back in and then the screen said it was indexing and then began playing again. Weird but I didn't think anything of it.

Fast forward to after work, I turn on the car and get the Ford splash screen when for a split second I get a windows blue screen of death. Yes, I said a windows blue screen of death. As I said it appeared for a split second but I think it said something like application activity.exe does not exist, or something like that. Then the screen went black... and dead.

I was left with my jaw on the floor and said out loud "ohhhhh....k". Nothing happened. I waited. So I shut off the car, opened the door, closed it, locked the doors and then reversed the process and turned the car back on. Then thank god I got the scheduled maintenance screen and all went back to as it should be. Weird, but hopefully with a new version of mft coming out soon I won't have to worry about it again.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #1914
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85580
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
There's a new MFT coming out?
Old 07-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #1915
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by estoyloco View Post
There's a new MFT coming out?
There's a thread with that theory... we'll have to wait and see, but I can't imagine this is the final version of MFT? Unless they just abandon it and replace it with something else.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:11 AM   #1916
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85580
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altis View Post
There's a thread with that theory... we'll have to wait and see, but I can't imagine this is the final version of MFT? Unless they just abandon it and replace it with something else.
Well I know this isn't the final but didn't expect another so soon. Their magical failed update took over a year from when MFT was release to when Ford released how FUBAR it was.

I knew there was no way Ford got their act together to release another in such a short time span.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #1917
paladin732
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88993
What I Drive: 2012 Candy SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 2 paladin732 Good Standing Member
Does the reboot app on the out of myfordtouch Site not work on v3? Mft has started playing random songs on cds (as in I tell it to play a cd(on usb) and it will start at some random song in the disk then proceed in a normal fashion from there)So I figured I would use the app to reboot it. However the app installs but does not reboot the system.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #1918
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by paladin732 View Post
Does the reboot app on the out of myfordtouch Site not work on v3? Mft has started playing random songs on cds (as in I tell it to play a cd(on usb) and it will start at some random song in the disk then proceed in a normal fashion from there)So I figured I would use the app to reboot it. However the app installs but does not reboot the system.
It's a delayed reboot. After you load it you have to turn off the car, open and close the door and lock the doors to make the car think you've left. Then unlock the car, open and close the door and turn the car on. It should then reboot.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:38 AM   #1919
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
It's a delayed reboot. After you load it you have to turn off the car, open and close the door and lock the doors to make the car think you've left. Then unlock the car, open and close the door and turn the car on. It should then reboot.
I just shut the car off open the door wait for MFT to shut down(a couple of seconds) then shut the door. Wait 30 seconds and then start the car. I don't even need to remove the key. Now that I've written this you may need to do as blackraven says if you have push button start, idk.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #1920
paladin732
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88993
What I Drive: 2012 Candy SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 2 paladin732 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
I just shut the car off open the door wait for MFT to shut down(a couple of seconds) then shut the door. Wait 30 seconds and then start the car. I don't even need to remove the key. Now that I've written this you may need to do as blackraven says if you have push button start, idk.
Hmm, I have tried both your way and blackraven's way and neither work. Does the flash drive need to remain in the system the whole time? I assumed it could be pulled out after I get the "Installation successful" message.

Damn, I don't want to have to pull the fuses, they are a pain to get to. (Its fuse 67 and something else, whats the other fuse?)

Bookmarks & Social Networks