My Ford Touch Thread - Page 185 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-15-2012, 12:27 PM   #1841
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yet another new 'feature' my system decided to provide to me this week...

All of a sudden it keeps forgetting my backup camera settings. I always have the Active + Fixed Guides enabled. But it keeps turning both off, all on its own. I've had to manually go into the settings no less then 3 times this week to turn them back on.

Oh, one other one... the system will NOT let me use voice to access my iPod. It's connected, shows in the Entertainment screen, and immediately switches to and starts playing audio when I click the button. But if I try and say "USB" the system just sits there in silence for 2-5 seconds, then goes right back to playing the Radio or whatever other source it is currently on. No error message, no nothing... just a weird pause then back to business as usual.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 06:40 AM   #1842
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
After a recent master reset my alerts I added back have decided to display a blank instead of the artist who is alerting e.g. " is playing on channel 37." The add buttons for new alerts have also stopped functioning 90% of the time and are just greyed out. Also, trying to view my current alerts just gives me a blank list. I'd do another reset, but at this point I think I am done dealing with it. After I go into the dealership to get my cruise control fixed, as it has now completely stopped working, I think I may just look around for a replacement car. I am tired of trying to work my life around my car instead of working my car into my life.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #1843
HillbillyInBC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85169
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

Points 491, Level 9
Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 HillbillyInBC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyInBC View Post
I'm driving a Taurus rental with MFT3 this week, and I've observed that the hideous new screens and the missing phone and audio info in the corners are somewhat less objectionable when you have the secondary instrument panel screen there to pick up the slack. Makes me wonder if any of the developers (or those thousands of alleged beta testers) ever tried MFT3 in a Focus.
After two weeks in the Taurus I'm more convinced than ever that this is so. The MFT3 experience with the additional info in the instrument panel display is much, much better than what we get in the Focus. There's no room for doubt that the decisions on what "redundant" information could be removed from the MFT screens were driven by the presence of this secondary display, and we Focus owners can just eat a bag of scat.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #1844
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95786
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

Points 312, Level 6
Points: 312, Level: 6 Points: 312, Level: 6 Points: 312, Level: 6
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Richs10 Good Standing Member
Thank you for your OPINION. The MFT3 in my Focus works just fine.

My OPINION is that the revamped screens in the 3.0 version are clearer and easier to read. Love the new compass on the home screen. The voice system is much more responsive than with 2.0. The new little LED lights on the entertainment screen now show which FM or Sirius band I'm on. My phone stays synced all the time and my iPod nano shows all my artwork and responds much better to voice commands. I have no problems with the favorites buttons now being pre-assigned to the homescreen and services screen since that is what I would set them to anyway. Much cleaner, more polished look overall. AND NO MORE FREEZES OR SPONTANEOUS REBOOTS.

Again, this is just my opinion, but given the negativity repeated over and over in this thread, I want to voice my positive experiences with the updated system.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #1845
dan burke
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89275
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 dan burke Good Standing Member
saving location in navi and playing DVD on 8" screen

Hi

I just have 2 questions that you guys might be able to help me with:

1. Regarding the Navigation function, I try to "save to favorites" my location (or whenever I reach a destination). The screen shows "saving to favorites" but when i go to favorites list, the location is not saved. Any similar experience with this and any solution?

2. If I attach my portable DVD player via RCA port, will the video play on the 8" screen even if the car is moving? If not, is there a way to make it play?
(or does the in-dash sony player play DVD videos?)

Thanks in advance for your help
Old 06-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #1846
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
1. Most likely a bug... There are so many, you never know what to expect.

2. Video in motion is not available, as it's a distraction to the driver. So no, it won't work.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:44 AM   #1847
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richs10 View Post
Thank you for your OPINION. The MFT3 in my Focus works just fine.

My OPINION is that the revamped screens in the 3.0 version are clearer and easier to read. Love the new compass on the home screen. The voice system is much more responsive than with 2.0. The new little LED lights on the entertainment screen now show which FM or Sirius band I'm on. My phone stays synced all the time and my iPod nano shows all my artwork and responds much better to voice commands. I have no problems with the favorites buttons now being pre-assigned to the homescreen and services screen since that is what I would set them to anyway. Much cleaner, more polished look overall. AND NO MORE FREEZES OR SPONTANEOUS REBOOTS.

Again, this is just my opinion, but given the negativity repeated over and over in this thread, I want to voice my positive experiences with the updated system.
Thanks for posting this Richs10! I am glad to see that at least one other person comes here to post positive results. There is so much negativity in this forum that I wonder what kind of horrific lives some people must have to be so incredibly negative and spewing such vile venom. Seems like there are people who thrive on being negative. But, of course, that is just MY OPINION. :-)

For the record, as I have said before, my MFT works quite well, and I too am quite happy with it. Sure there are minor issues, but I have a life to live, and quite frankly don't want to bring myself and others down by dwelling on every minor nuance there is to complain about. Sure, there are some systems with legitimate, serious problems, but there is also a warranty for them. If they spent as much time complaining to their dealers and Ford as they do in this forum, they would have solved (a majority) of their issues.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #1848
WizeGuyDezignz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99369
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 WizeGuyDezignz Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
Thanks for posting this Richs10! I am glad to see that at least one other person comes here to post positive results. There is so much negativity in this forum that I wonder what kind of horrific lives some people must have to be so incredibly negative and spewing such vile venom. Seems like there are people who thrive on being negative. But, of course, that is just MY OPINION. :-)

For the record, as I have said before, my MFT works quite well, and I too am quite happy with it. Sure there are minor issues, but I have a life to live, and quite frankly don't want to bring myself and others down by dwelling on every minor nuance there is to complain about. Sure, there are some systems with legitimate, serious problems, but there is also a warranty for them. If they spent as much time complaining to their dealers and Ford as they do in this forum, they would have solved (a majority) of their issues.
I've chimed in about my MFT experience before, but I also don't have very many problems with MFT. And if I do, they are very minor and very far and few between. And when I get a minor issue, it's nothing catastrophic. It's nothing more than I get with my cell phone or any other electronic device. Electronics will never be perfect 100% of the time.

I'm also surprised at how many problems are reported. It's sad and I'm not doubting that they are real issues. I just think Ford needs to rework the "Master Reset" function so that it actually does wipe everything clean. I think a lot of these problems are software being installed over software.

Anyhow, I have had a very pleasant experience with MFT and I wanted to also report it.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #1849
Chris26
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97846
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray SE 201A 5 speed

Points 255, Level 5
Points: 255, Level: 5 Points: 255, Level: 5 Points: 255, Level: 5
Level Up 10% Completed
Level up: 10% Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Chris26 Good Standing Member
I read a tip in this thread about using a USB stick for music instead of an SD card. Thanks to whoever suggested this! I moved all of my stuff over to a USB drive over the weekend and my car has been much happier.

When I used the SD slot my music sometimes wouldn't index properly. I could drive all the way to work and it would always say "Indexing, please wait" when I tried to play something via voice command. After moving over to the USB drive I haven't experienced this issue once.

The only complaint I still have is that the radio doesn't always pick up where I left it. For instance I'll be listening to Sirius when I turn the car off, but sometimes when I crank it back up it will start playing a song off my USB drive. Not a big deal to switch it back over but kind of annoying after a while.

I love the MFT system overall - definitely cutting edge in terms of automotive technology. Everyone that gets into my car is amazed at what it offers.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #1850
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris26 View Post
I read a tip in this thread about using a USB stick for music instead of an SD card. Thanks to whoever suggested this! I moved all of my stuff over to a USB drive over the weekend and my car has been much happier.

When I used the SD slot my music sometimes wouldn't index properly. I could drive all the way to work and it would always say "Indexing, please wait" when I tried to play something via voice command. After moving over to the USB drive I haven't experienced this issue once.

The only complaint I still have is that the radio doesn't always pick up where I left it. For instance I'll be listening to Sirius when I turn the car off, but sometimes when I crank it back up it will start playing a song off my USB drive. Not a big deal to switch it back over but kind of annoying after a while.

I love the MFT system overall - definitely cutting edge in terms of automotive technology. Everyone that gets into my car is amazed at what it offers.
I found that if I turn my radio off first, then turn the car off, it resumes wherever I left it every time. Just an FYI.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.