My Ford Touch Thread - Page 175 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #1741
raptor1956
Focus Addict

Fan#: 97725
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

Points 4,158, Level 41
Points: 4,158, Level: 41 Points: 4,158, Level: 41 Points: 4,158, Level: 41
Level Up 4% Completed
Level up: 4% Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bengal View Post
I suggest taking it to the dealer. The problem needs to be documented. Such documentation will help push Ford to develop a solution. My service rep also recommended this. I had similar problems with my MFT & took it to the dealer. They replaced the APIM & so far the MFT is much more responsive & glitch-free, although I haven't been able to drive it a lot since picking it up. I will bring it back to the dealer if I experience problems again.

I may do that but I'm away from home for a couple weeks and if this is the only MFT problem I don't know that I'd want to trade this problem with a worse one. Also, I've only had the car for 4 days so I'd like a bit more time to see if there are other things -- so far things look good outside of the radio always coming on.

Brian
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #1742
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,271, Level 35
Points: 3,271, Level: 35 Points: 3,271, Level: 35 Points: 3,271, Level: 35
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
I've actually had the opposite. I have gone to shut the music off before shutting down but have been unable to get it to turn off (with either the screen or the physical button). Quite rare though, it has only happened to me about 3-4 times.
I've had both of those issues. Sometimes as you said the radio will NOT turn off with the button or screen. Kind of a PITA.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 05-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #1743
HillbillyInBC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85169
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

Points 491, Level 9
Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 HillbillyInBC Good Standing Member
Now that my MFT3 system has managed to make itself somewhat functional (still not sure how it happened, but that's another story), I'm starting to notice some of the stupid little quirks and malfunctions that were previously concealed by massive dysfunction. Top of my list right now is that my iPod refuses to autoplay. If I shut the car off with the iPod playing, it will select the iPod the next time I start it but will not start playing. I've set the autoplay option to both on and off, with no change in behaviour.

I could work around this by assigning the play function to one of my favourites buttons on the steering wheel, if some numbnuts hadn't removed that functionality.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #1744
04SVTF303
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98899
What I Drive: 2012 POS

FF Reputation: 1 04SVTF303 Good Standing Member
Just got a call from the service department. MFT already has the latest update. The crashes and USB issues are apparently acceptable and normal. Not really surprised at the response. Guess I should just count my blessings the times that it does work the way it should.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #1745
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

Points 43, Level 1
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04SVTF303 View Post
Just got a call from the service department. MFT already has the latest update. The crashes and USB issues are apparently acceptable and normal. Not really surprised at the response. Guess I should just count my blessings the times that it does work the way it should.
This is a perfect example of what I was talking about a few pages back. We all have warranties on our cars, which includes MFT. I am glad you talked to your service department about it, but sadly the service departments are all independent and some are better and some are worse. Your Ford dealer is NOT Ford. They can communicate with Ford through service performed but at the end of the day, if you have a bad or sub par service department, you should not just accept that as the answer.

The next step for you, and everyone in this forum who is having continual issues with MFT is to contact your regional Ford Customer service manager. These are employees of Ford that assigned areas to work directly with customers and dealers to resolve issues exactly like this. Your service department should be able to tell you who this is in your area and provide contact information. You can also get this information by calling Ford directly. In fact, if you call your dealer asking for the regional rep contact information, I bet you they'll make another attempt to resolve your issue. It looks bad for the dealers when customers call the regional reps.

Bottom line: don't just accept the issues and think you have to live with them. MFT isn't perfect, but it can and does work really well for many, including myself. If it can work for me, it can work for you. You paid good money for it, make them make it right for you!
Old 05-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #1746
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
That is ridiculous. My dealer has already done two reinstalls (which didn't help) and they are replacing the APIM when I drop it off tonight. I was all ready to show them the problems when I brought it in the first time but I didn't even have to. They just took my word for it. Might be time for you to escalate your concern (or find another dealer). Like GreyFox said, don't settle you shouldn't have to.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:31 PM   #1747
HillbillyInBC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85169
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

Points 491, Level 9
Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 HillbillyInBC Good Standing Member
Credit where due: I finally found a v2.11 problem which was fixed in v3. When shuffling a playlist on my iPod, v2.11 would resume after shutdown with the track that was playing before, but reset the playlist and shuffle order with this as the new starting point. So, if the playlist had 50 tracks and you were playing track 25 on shutdown, the restart would resume that track as track 1 of 50, with the 24 tracks already played back in the mix for the forthcoming shuffle. The same sequence is handled correctly in v3; the track resumes as before, but the shuffle order and position in the playlist are preserved.

The bad news is that I can now no longer claim that MFT3 offers nothing more than prettier maps.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #1748
04SVTF303
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98899
What I Drive: 2012 POS

FF Reputation: 1 04SVTF303 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
This is a perfect example of what I was talking about a few pages back. We all have warranties on our cars, which includes MFT. I am glad you talked to your service department about it, but sadly the service departments are all independent and some are better and some are worse. Your Ford dealer is NOT Ford. They can communicate with Ford through service performed but at the end of the day, if you have a bad or sub par service department, you should not just accept that as the answer.

The next step for you, and everyone in this forum who is having continual issues with MFT is to contact your regional Ford Customer service manager. These are employees of Ford that assigned areas to work directly with customers and dealers to resolve issues exactly like this. Your service department should be able to tell you who this is in your area and provide contact information. You can also get this information by calling Ford directly. In fact, if you call your dealer asking for the regional rep contact information, I bet you they'll make another attempt to resolve your issue. It looks bad for the dealers when customers call the regional reps.

Bottom line: don't just accept the issues and think you have to live with them. MFT isn't perfect, but it can and does work really well for many, including myself. If it can work for me, it can work for you. You paid good money for it, make them make it right for you!
Just picked it up. They unplugged the battery. Checked to see if it had the latest and greatest. Crashed on my way home I also had it in for the AC. Told me all was well with that too. It's a 100+ degrees out. Sweat my balls off the entire 20 mile ride home. I went and test drove a GTI, and a TDI Jetta today. I'm to the point where I'm gonna take a hit and get something else.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:57 PM   #1749
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyInBC View Post
The same sequence is handled correctly in v3; the track resumes as before, but the shuffle order and position in the playlist are preserved.
Your MFT resumes where it stopped playing? That must be nice, Ford told me that wasn't possible anymore.

Quote:
I went and test drove a GTI, and a TDI Jetta today. I'm to the point where I'm gonna take a hit and get something else.
How long have you had your car? Also, possibly unrelated to me having been looking at the Volkswagen's before getting this one, how did you like them?
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:34 AM   #1750
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,271, Level 35
Points: 3,271, Level: 35 Points: 3,271, Level: 35 Points: 3,271, Level: 35
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
Your MFT resumes where it stopped playing? That must be nice, Ford told me that wasn't possible anymore.

How long have you had your car? Also, possibly unrelated to me having been looking at the Volkswagen's before getting this one, how did you like them?
That must be real nice. Mine will resume playing the same song from where it left off, but no longer has shuffle on. The "light" is lit on the button, and it says Shuffle ALL is set, but it just plays the songs alphabetically. I have to set the shuffle to Album or Off, and then back to All in order for it to shuffle again, but the problem then is that the shuffle list is reset at that song, as v2.11 did.
Sonic Crew #28

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.