My Ford Touch Thread - Page 171 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-22-2012, 03:31 PM   #1701
CourtneyNYC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86057
What I Drive: 2010 - Sterling Gray&2012 White Ti

FF Reputation: 1 CourtneyNYC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
Courtney--good feedback.. Hopefully you see fit to share your experience with Ford.
Actually . . . I've been collecting screen shots of the system. Yesterday it went 3 hours without starting. All I had was the big blue FORD oval. It occurred to me if I had a system in failure the last thing I'd want is my name in full screen.

Seriously . . . I really appreciate what FORD is doing. They are on the leading edge of in car electronics and, having dealt with both Mercedes-Benz and Porsche, I remain amazed at what Ford does in a sub-$30K car.

With regard to my specifics, my system just seems to like to do something different each day. There is no repeatability. Sometimes it connects with my phone, sometimes not. About 3 times a week I get the "Bluetooth is off, would you like to turn it on?".

Changing among the 3 Sirius banks requires more keystrokes than entering a destination airport in the nav system of my aircraft. If I am in the "Home" screen listening to rock and want to go to news . . I have to enter the Entertainment area, go the the Sat-io, choose a bank and then a program.

Get those silly advertisements, that simply consume real estate, off the screen and when I hit entertainment splash all 3 banks on the screen. Easy.

I'd like to see Ford get some input from Collins, Bendix or one of the firms familiar with information assimilation from panel to pilot. The last thing I need is a picture of the Sirius Dog or all those station logos.

They are on the right track . . I give Ford a 10 for effort . . and a 2 for reliability. If it were a parachute I wouldn't touch it. But, alas, it's a radio in a $29,000 car . . . . I'm in for the long haul and hope it's better when I get my ST.

Courtney
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2012, 04:29 PM   #1702
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
I figured a total wipe/clean install would be exactly that - a total wipe/clean install. After leaving the dealership, I pulled into a parking lot at a grocery store down the road to pair my phone, reconnect my iPod, etc. While my phone had to be re-paired, I did discover it was still showing up in the list of devices in the settings, not paired but still there as a device. Because of this I went into Nav. Yep, all my previous destinations were still in memory as well. I plugged in my iPod and it finished indexing/building voice commands in about three minutes. I really think if everything was wiped out this should have taken longer. I am still convinced that a lot of my problems are the result from the old index/media commands not really being cleaned out during the update install and new information being written (or partially written) over existing information and confusing the system. I am basing this on nothing but a "feeling" as the fact that the iPod worked so flawlessly before and now the commands are a disaster after absolutely nothing on the iPod has changed, it cannot be the iPod.
This has been one of my biggest problems post-upgrade, too. I don't know what a wipe does (that's what the dealer says they've done) in Ford parlance but it clearly does not truly force a fresh MFT install.

Even after a Master Reset and wipe/install my old voice nametags (for Nav favorites) are still in the system. The real problem is that the Master Reset wipes them out of the Favorites page so you can't disable/edit the nametags... and then once you re-input the favorites the system won't allow you to enable nametags again since something 'similar' (the exact same thing) is stored in the system. Given the frequency that one with MFT has to perform a Master Reset - note how often it's the Ford-recommended course of action on these here forums, for example - this is more than a slight frustration.

The only solution Ford could come up with a month ago was to replace my APIM. That was fine until my system was all hosed a couple weeks ago and I had to do a Master Reset - now I'm stuck with uneditable nametags again. I certainly can't imagine Ford wants to pay for the parts/labor - nor do I want to take my car in for service - to install a new APIM every time I have to do a Master Reset...

------------------------------

All that fun aside, another thing that's getting worse and worse is the insane lag when using Voice + Nav to search for a POI or enter an address. It used to be (relatively) snappy in v2.11 but with v3.0 it's downright crazy how long it takes. I'm talking 15-30 seconds of staring at a blank screen once I get the 'success' chime after saying something. I wanted Nav so I wouldn't drain my phone battery using Google Maps/Nav on long trips but I have no choice BUT to use my phone at this point... I've usually all but arrived at my local destinations by the time the car has figured out where I'm trying to go!

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 05-23-2012, 09:52 AM   #1703
F'nClassy
Eh!

Fan#: 97270
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 6 F'nClassy Good Standing Member
My MFT crashed THREE TIMES over a three day period, anybody know of a fix?
HN#154
Sonic's MK3 Crew #07

Live together, die alone
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhillsken View Post
Instead of a "Dual Clutch", "Dual Personality" might be a better name.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #1704
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,177, Level 28
Points: 2,177, Level: 28 Points: 2,177, Level: 28 Points: 2,177, Level: 28
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyInBC View Post
This whole "performance upgrade" fiasco is beyond shameful. I just went off on FordIVTteam in a PM, saying how I'd be fired if I even showed one of our customers a glimpse of a software release this shoddy, let alone if I sent it out the door as a production release. I'm thinking very seriously about going car shopping again if something isn't done soon.
I received your PM, HillbillyInBC, thanks for your feedback. I forwarded it onto our engineering team. I know they're currently working on an update. However, I can't speculate on when it will be available. As I obtain new information I'll be sure to post! Stay tuned...

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 05-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #1705
nhemti
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96686
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium - TMB

FF Reputation: 1 nhemti Good Standing Member
Quote:
This whole "performance upgrade" fiasco is beyond shameful. I just went off on FordIVTteam in a PM, saying how I'd be fired if I even showed one of our customers a glimpse of a software release this shoddy, let alone if I sent it out the door as a production release. I'm thinking very seriously about going car shopping again if something isn't done soon.
As blunt as you were, you are absolutely right. If I were to place a product in our production environment and it had this many bugs, random quirks, was this slow, and couldn't do everything I advertised it to, I would be shown the door rather quickly. That is with me simply implementing the product, not even being the designer.

I do have faith that Ford is going to come through with another update that should relieve a lot of these issues and maybe even add some features.

On another note,

I was looking at the screen today and was just lost as to why I needed a Play/Pause, Forward, and Back button each the size of a half dollar on the screen. The preset button sizes are fine so why not carry over that size button for the audio controls. Fill that extra space with something else useful.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:47 AM   #1706
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon666 View Post
Well, I can't offer anything but I'll bet if you call Sync Support, they will tell you to do a master reset!
Old 05-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #1707
HillbillyInBC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85169
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

Points 491, Level 9
Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 HillbillyInBC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhemti View Post
As blunt as you were, you are absolutely right. If I were to place a product in our production environment and it had this many bugs, random quirks, was this slow, and couldn't do everything I advertised it to, I would be shown the door rather quickly. That is with me simply implementing the product, not even being the designer.

I do have faith that Ford is going to come through with another update that should relieve a lot of these issues and maybe even add some features.
Wish I shared your optimism, but with the bang-to-hype ratio approaching zero on this release I can't muster any hope for a future update. All I want now is to get the system I bought last summer back.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #1708
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Wish I shared your optimism, but with the bang-to-hype ratio approaching zero on this release I can't muster any hope for a future update. All I want now is to get the system I bought last summer back.
+1 here! I would rather deal with the very rare occurrence of my volume increasing on its own in the old version than the constant occurrence of my music voice commands not working in the new version.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #1709
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
Some days, I think I should have just gone with my original instinct, and rather than spend $1700 for MFT and Nav, buy a rock solid iPad 3 with absurd resolution, internet access through my phone, and GPS built in... all for $600, and retrofit it into the dashboard.

It would function and look incredible by comparison.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #1710
04SVTF303
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98899
What I Drive: 2012 POS

FF Reputation: 1 04SVTF303 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon666 View Post

Mine crashed 3 times on my to work. My drive is 13 miles. I love having to reset the time several times a day.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.