My Ford Touch Thread - Page 170 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #1691
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
This describes my voice command experience with 2.11 which is why this is so infuriating to me. Of all my 2.11 quirks the one shining and consistent example of what good the system could do was the voice commands for music. Always worked. The only times I ever got choice lists was because I had multiple songs of the same title, which makes sense to offer a choice, or the choices it gave me did sound similar, which also makes sense.

If it never worked from the beginning it would be easier to accept but as it worked so well before and now is completely broken after what I was given and I applied was referred to as an "upgrade", I'm (I'd like to think understandably) pissed.
Oh without a doubt. For me it was the opposite, I hardly ever used VC in 2.11 because for me they were very inconsistent. I don't understand how a system with a limited set of functions can be so varied in its issues.

And as for fixing the system, 3.0.2 is the result of them trying to "fix" 2.11, what we need is a fresh set of code, not a patchjob. We need a brand new system built 100% from the ground up. I'd rather see a whole new aesthetic, the quadrant idea is nice but freshen it up and make it feel like a brand new system.
Sonic Crew #28
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #1692
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
My bluetooth labels on screen have been TOTALLY inconsistent lately... sometimes leaving pandora open on my phone will keep the titles updating even after getting out and then back in later, sometimes if i turn off pandora it will freeze the title on the last song played, sometimes it does the same thing even if I leave pandora open on my phone...

either way, more often than not my title/info doesn't update and now my phone fails to show up when i start the car... it pairs and i can make calls but when i scroll down in entertainment it just shows BT Stereo until i hit the button and then it pairs, and THEN i have to select another audio source first because it highlights my bluetooth source but doesnt play it, much like starting the car sometimes with the highlighted sources that aren't active.

bleh.
Replying to say I have been running into the exact same behavior. Rebooting the phone sometimes helps but it used to work more consistently - so I tend to think this is a MFT issue.

Quote:
And recently my phone will pair to the car for calls, but not for audio, I have to select BT Stereo from the Ent list and wait for it to find my phone, then I have to select another source so that the BT source isn't highlighted anymore (when the phone is found it highlights but still plays whatever source you're already on, you all know this issue) and then choose it again. Getting old fast.
This too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhemti View Post
I have a similar bug, after placing a call (not sure about receiving yet) while listening to USB audio when you end the call and it switches back to the USB audio source the music keeps counting up and seemingly playing but there is no audio. Also, instead of just unplugging and plugging back in I have to reboot the iPod.

I tried with a flash drive and had the same results and actually worse. After pulling and putting back the flash drive the entire entertainment portion crashed all I had was a non-functional power button. I had to turn the car off and pop my door a bit while at a red light to get it back.

Other bugs experienced:
  • Missing preset text
  • Climate is Fahrenheit on lower controls Celsius in MFT and cannot change. (Resolved by turning off car and going to bed. Worked fine next morning)
  • Plug in USB device highlighting issue
Same problem here with USB... no audio out of it but counting down. iPod reboot usually (but not always) helps. Also, sometimes after a phone call it kicks out of USB to radio but not even last-used radio station... just a completely random one.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 05-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #1693
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
I had an oil change/tire swap scheduled for tomorrow. Just got a call from the dealership while we were out at dinner and they wanted me to come in earlier or leave it overnight as they had a series of recalls they wanted to deal with. I told them I already knew about the passenger's side wiper motor but what else? They said they wanted to do the TSB for DCT (I didn't even ask, they said they were going to do it) and the Sync/MFT recall. I asked what was up with that and they said Ford was treating on their end as a recall just to make sure everyone that came in for service got it done. I told them I already did and it was, quite frankly, terrible. I asked if they could wipe it and do a clean install. They said no problem if I was willing to wait. I'll see if it helps with this voice command thing at all.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #1694
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Definitely get back to us when all is said and done. I'm overdue for an oil change and may make the same request.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 05-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #1695
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Definitely get back to us when all is said and done. I'm overdue for an oil change and may make the same request.
For what it's worth, I had the dealer do a wipe/reinstall + they installed a new APIM last month and it hasn't made anything in 3.0 work any better.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 05-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #1696
HillbillyInBC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85169
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HillbillyInBC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
For what it's worth, I had the dealer do a wipe/reinstall + they installed a new APIM last month and it hasn't made anything in 3.0 work any better.
This whole "performance upgrade" fiasco is beyond shameful. I just went off on FordIVTteam in a PM, saying how I'd be fired if I even showed one of our customers a glimpse of a software release this shoddy, let alone if I sent it out the door as a production release. I'm thinking very seriously about going car shopping again if something isn't done soon.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:53 AM   #1697
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
I'm ready to turn the Bluetooth off on this POS. If "random FM station A" comes on at 3/4 volume after I hang up on a phone call when, A.) I was listening to the USB media and B.) The volume was at about two notches, I'm going to punch the screen.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:11 AM   #1698
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
OK, got a bunch of stuff done Saturday (good to have my 18s back on). I wanted to give it some time before responding because I wanted a little time with it try out a bunch of variables.

First the (off topic non-MFT related) good news. The TSB they applied has made the DCT a whole different experience. I have never owned an automatic before so I never really knew what to expect (I have driven them in my life but never long enough to know exactly how they are supposed to behave I guess). After reading all of the threads on here about how this is not a traditional AT and behaves differently I guess I just accepted my car's behavior as normal. I guess it was not. It is so smooth between gears now, especially shifting between the lower gears that it is like a whole new car. No more jerkiness or hesitation in between. This was immediately apparent leaving the dealership. Wish I had that done ages ago!

And then the bad news...MFT. Doesn't seem to be any better with the whole voice command thing though I have noticed some new strangeness.

I figured a total wipe/clean install would be exactly that - a total wipe/clean install. After leaving the dealership, I pulled into a parking lot at a grocery store down the road to pair my phone, reconnect my iPod, etc. While my phone had to be re-paired, I did discover it was still showing up in the list of devices in the settings, not paired but still there as a device. Because of this I went into Nav. Yep, all my previous destinations were still in memory as well. I plugged in my iPod and it finished indexing/building voice commands in about three minutes. I really think if everything was wiped out this should have taken longer. I am still convinced that a lot of my problems are the result from the old index/media commands not really being cleaned out during the update install and new information being written (or partially written) over existing information and confusing the system. I am basing this on nothing but a "feeling" as the fact that the iPod worked so flawlessly before and now the commands are a disaster after absolutely nothing on the iPod has changed, it cannot be the iPod.

Two items of interest (actually annoyance but at this point all I have left is to say interest instead of annoyance or go mad):

First item - I spent 20 minutes trying to get it to play one song by voice. I got into another one of my "I'm simply not going to give up" modes. After 20 minutes of either it giving the "success" tone and launching the wrong song (which I knew was going to be wrong because I have two versions of the song, one studio version and one off of a live album) or me saying "None of those!" it finally brought up the song by voice. Lines 1 and 2 were both the studio version and the live version - perfect - doing exactly what it was supposed to. Of course it is never that simple, there were also lines 3 and 4 as choices (and of course totally unrelated in title and sound to the song I was asking for). As I was so pissed off at this point I didn't want to hear the initial song anymore and told it play line 3. I got the "invalid" tone instead of the "success" tone. So I tried line 4. Same thing, invalid tone. Interested (again read annoyed) I physically hit line 3 on the screen. Again invalid tone. I physically pressed line 4 with the same result. I then told it play line 1 by voice. Went right to the song. Soooo ..... it appears after taking me 20 minutes to even get the song to show up, it gave me, on the physical screen, 4 choices where there should have been 2, with the 1 and 2 being valid. While 3 and 4 did show up on the front end on the screen, as far as MFT was concerned on the back end those two lines were not there, as evidenced by the fact that I could not launch them by voice or touch. WTF.

Second item - on another occasion (different trip so the system had been shut down/restarted) I told it play a song. As usual I got a list of 4 songs, none of which were the one I asked for. As I was about to hit the voice paddle and say "None of those" with my now usual tone of disgusted resignation something struck me as odd so I hesistated and looked a little closer. The song title was "Reptile". The only one-word option it offered me was "Aura" (I guess the words "Reptile" and "Aura" sound kind of the same except for the part where they do not not at all sound similar and only involve one single letter in common). The other three options were all multiple-word titles. Turns out all four options, however, were songs from the same band as the song I requested. Again, WTF. With about 6,500 songs on the iPod there is no way this was coincidence.

So, it seems (for me at least) that by Ford's definition of "upgrade" I have received:

- an uglier system (this is of course aesthetic so it is simply a matter of my opinion and not fact).
- a system that works much worse than it did previously (this is a matter of fact and not simply my opinion).
- a less feature/function rich system (also a matter of fact and not simply my opinion).

While I do not travel for work as much as I used to I still travel from time to time. I can only equate this Ford "upgrade" to buying a first-class plane ticket, getting to the airport to check in, and having them tell me "Well the bad news is we oversold tickets for first-class but the good news is we "upgraded" you to Coach at no additional cost to you!"

While swapping out my winters for my summers the tech notice some brake fluid around one of the calipers. While the fluid levels were fine and they were unable to make it actually drip, lose pressure, or anything while testing it out, they still wanted to replace it (under warranty) so needless to say I am going back tomorrow after work to get it taken care of (part gets in this afternoon, they said it was safe to drive but offered me loaner if I wanted, which I did not). I need to discuss this MFT thing further with them since I will be there for a bit and see what I need to do, or if they can help me, get this escalated to the next level because currently THIS SUCKS!
Old 05-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #1699
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Noticed something new today. Redialing a phone number by hitting the phone button twice will dial the last number, but it comes up with "UNKNOWN NUMBER" for the person you're calling, even though the original call and them calling works without an issue. Doesn't even display the number, just "UNKNOWN NUMBER." I was somewhat worried it was going to call someone I had no desire to actually speak with.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:06 PM   #1700
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
So, it seems (for me at least) that by Ford's definition of "upgrade" I have received:

- an uglier system (this is of course aesthetic so it is simply a matter of my opinion and not fact).
- a system that works much worse than it did previously (this is a matter of fact and not simply my opinion).
- a less feature/function rich system (also a matter of fact and not simply my opinion).

While I do not travel for work as much as I used to I still travel from time to time. I can only equate this Ford "upgrade" to buying a first-class plane ticket, getting to the airport to check in, and having them tell me "Well the bad news is we oversold tickets for first-class but the good news is we "upgraded" you to Coach at no additional cost to you!"

I need to discuss this MFT thing further with them since I will be there for a bit and see what I need to do, or if they can help me, get this escalated to the next level because currently THIS SUCKS!
The fiasco continues ... great analogy. So wouldn't you agree reverting back to the v2.11 or v2.10 MFT would be a nice option for Ford to provide to customers who share your opinion and problems with the MFT3 disaster? Seems like a simple enough request at least until they can get a clue on how to fix this with a complete new release (v4 I suspect because to fix v3 is just beyond repairing IMO).

Let people choose what version they want to run on MFT instead of force feeding them garbage thats worse then the original version. Personally I'm happy with the original v2.10 MFT system. It has not gave me any major headaches and I do not plan on upgrading any time soon.

Bookmarks & Social Networks