My Ford Touch Thread - Page 169 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #1681
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
This was what worried me and why I withheld judgement immediately after I installed the update. When I first got my car w v2.11 things seemed to be fine. I was wondering what everyone on here was talking about. Slowly over time I began to see the system degrade and came to understand what everyone else was experiencing. The update seemed to actually go bad faster for me than v2.11 did. First crash/system maintenance after only three days after updating. It hasn't gotten any better and in some ways (voice commands for music) it is worse, much worse.
My car had v2.11 on it when I bought it (Jan 1st) so I never experienced that upgrade but, having read many comments like yours on here, I was equally leery of the long-term stability of v3.0.

Since upgrading, I've now had to pull fuses at least 3x, completely disconnect the battery 2x (dealer did it one time), force a Master Reset at least 2x, have seen at least 2-3 "Performing Scheduled System Maintenance" screens, and I've had my APIM replaced. And I'm still having problems...

Quote:
I get this one all of the time. Does yours ever come back on its own TiPilot? I have to set a route and cancel it to get location back on the home screen under the compass. It disappeared on me on me again a couple of weeks ago and instead of applying my little workaround to get it back I decided to ride it out and see if it would return on its own upon a subsequent startup at some point. Needless to say two weeks and it is still not back. Just wondering if yours comes back itself ever or if you have to fix it.
To be honest, I haven't paid a ton of attention. It's not like the disappearing Radio/Sirius presets where I know cycling audio sources eventually makes them re-appear. I'll try and see if I can do something to force location to show back up next time it goes missing.

Quote:
Wondering if you could try something for me TiPilot (since you have Nav). I want to see if it is others with Nav or just me. Can you go from map screen to another screen, say Ent for example, and see if your current location is displaying in Nav tab after you do? For me it does not. If I go to any of the other three category screens from the Nav screen the first one I go to will not display location in the Nav tab, just the compass heading up there. If I go to a second category screen it will suddenly be back (and if I jump right back to the first screen I went to again it will be there also, unlike the first try).
Yup, I'll do this later today or tomorrow.

Quote:
Got my oil change/summer tire swap this Saturday and am anticipating a long discussion with the service dept while I wait to figure out my options here because this is not working.
Both my dealer and the Hotline are currently looking into my issues as well... I'll certainly report back when they have a plan to address them.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2012, 01:02 AM   #1682
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
My bluetooth labels on screen have been TOTALLY inconsistent lately... sometimes leaving pandora open on my phone will keep the titles updating even after getting out and then back in later, sometimes if i turn off pandora it will freeze the title on the last song played, sometimes it does the same thing even if I leave pandora open on my phone...

either way, more often than not my title/info doesn't update and now my phone fails to show up when i start the car... it pairs and i can make calls but when i scroll down in entertainment it just shows BT Stereo until i hit the button and then it pairs, and THEN i have to select another audio source first because it highlights my bluetooth source but doesnt play it, much like starting the car sometimes with the highlighted sources that aren't active.

bleh.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 05-17-2012, 07:26 AM   #1683
nhemti
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96686
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium - TMB

FF Reputation: 1 nhemti Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
Still no update. :( Is there a number to call?

And I found ANOTHER major bug.

When you're listening to USB audio from an iPhone and you're on a phone call for 5+ minutes, your USB audio source will TURN OFF.

After your phone call ends, the FM radio will turn on. When you try to select "USB" it won't work! The only way to get USB audio to work from your iPhone again is to physically unplug the USB cord from the USB jack in the center console!!

RIDICULOUS.
I have a similar bug, after placing a call (not sure about receiving yet) while listening to USB audio when you end the call and it switches back to the USB audio source the music keeps counting up and seemingly playing but there is no audio. Also, instead of just unplugging and plugging back in I have to reboot the iPod.

I tried with a flash drive and had the same results and actually worse. After pulling and putting back the flash drive the entire entertainment portion crashed all I had was a non-functional power button. I had to turn the car off and pop my door a bit while at a red light to get it back.

Other bugs experienced:
  • Missing preset text
  • Climate is Fahrenheit on lower controls Celsius in MFT and cannot change. (Resolved by turning off car and going to bed. Worked fine next morning)
  • Plug in USB device highlighting issue
Old 05-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #1684
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Thanks. Already sent to the dealer, including photos of many of the issues. I think most/all are already on outofmytouch but I'll check again later. Good call on Jaclyn - I've corresponded with Noemi via PM but I don't think Jaclyn is in on this one yet.
Hi, TiPilot!

I've been in and out of this thread, but it's become pretty lengthy.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns you have. :)

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 05-18-2012, 11:03 AM   #1685
HillbillyInBC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85169
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HillbillyInBC Good Standing Member
Never had a problem with my iPod Touch under v2.11, and now it's completely dysfunctional. No matter what I try to play from the iPod (by artist, by album, playlist, etc.), it always reverts to the entire list of songs in alphabetical order and starts playing the first one. I love the French Kicks, but if I hear the opening guitar licks from "Abandon" one more time I'm going to start kicking every Frenchman I can find.

I've done two master resets, one fuse pull, and cycled power on the iPod twice. Nothing has changed on the iPod since February, and it worked just fine under v2.11. I'm nearing the end of my rope. What do I need to do to revert to the functioning system I had two weeks ago?
Old 05-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #1686
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Yep, it's a nightmare. I too am using the same iPod I had in my car previously and it worked flawlessly w/2.11 for playing music by voice. Earlier this week, in a complete effort in futility, I decided upon leaving my driveway and telling it to play a song I would simply not give up for my entire drive. I told it the song to play and of course it gave me a whack-job list of titles to choose from (none of them being the song). I continued this for the 25-minute duration of my drive. During the course of the drive I have no idea how many times I said "None of those". A few times it would not give me a list and act like it accepted the command and start playing a song. It was never the right song. After a while of me repeating the same command, it even began to throw album titles into the lists instead of just songs. Twice it launched Nav and asked me for a POI category and once it went to Climate. 25 minutes and when I pulled into work to park it never got the song to play or even show up on one of the choice lists. It was a song title I used to play by voice before the update so I know it worked fine at one point.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #1687
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Sheesh, glad my voice commands are working well :/ like I said occasionally I'll get an odd list but usually I can understand it if it's a title with multiple words or something, but 99% of the time my voice commands are spot on and work quickly.

I've noticed though that using my iPod, it will shuffle when I set it to shuffle, then I'll turn it off and get out of the car and later when I get back in and resume playing, the list reverts to ABC order, so if I'm playing a discography of an artist I like and set it to shuffle, it shuffles the first time, then the next time, although Shuffle is highlighted and set to ALL, it will still just play it all in ABC order.

This is replicable every time.

Also, when browsing for music, the A-Z headings at the top don't work. For instance, under the A category, hitting it again will move down to B, then again will move it back to A, it won't cycle past B. This is also true for the M heading, I'll have to try the others as well.

My iPod will sometimes randomly start when the system comes on even if it wasn't the last played source and even if I left the radio off when I got out of the car last.

In addition, when playing Bluetooth audio, sometimes if I don't pause it first in the Ent screen, hitting power will shut it, then it comes back on and display BTST1 in the Ent quadrant on the home screen, I have to wait a few seconds and hit it again to get it to actually turn off.

And recently my phone will pair to the car for calls, but not for audio, I have to select BT Stereo from the Ent list and wait for it to find my phone, then I have to select another source so that the BT source isn't highlighted anymore (when the phone is found it highlights but still plays whatever source you're already on, you all know this issue) and then choose it again. Getting old fast.

These are all things I've noted before I just wanted to put them all together.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 05-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #1688
HillbillyInBC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85169
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HillbillyInBC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Sheesh, glad my voice commands are working well :/ like I said occasionally I'll get an odd list but usually I can understand it if it's a title with multiple words or something, but 99% of the time my voice commands are spot on and work quickly.
I don't have any trouble with the voice recognition. It seems to have done the indexing and building media commands thing properly. It's just that after it recognizes my request and echoes "Playing playlist 2011 Favourites" or whatever, it fails to do what it says, reverting instead to the aforementioned every-song-on-the-iPod-starting-with-the-French-Kicks-yet-again.

Quote:
My iPod will sometimes randomly start when the system comes on even if it wasn't the last played source and even if I left the radio off when I got out of the car last.
Seen that one, too, again with the French Kicks.

Quote:
In addition, when playing Bluetooth audio, sometimes if I don't pause it first in the Ent screen, hitting power will shut it, then it comes back on and display BTST1 in the Ent quadrant on the home screen, I have to wait a few seconds and hit it again to get it to actually turn off.

And recently my phone will pair to the car for calls, but not for audio, I have to select BT Stereo from the Ent list and wait for it to find my phone, then I have to select another source so that the BT source isn't highlighted anymore (when the phone is found it highlights but still plays whatever source you're already on, you all know this issue) and then choose it again. Getting old fast.
Yup, those too. And I've seen the artist and title populated with garbage characters (squares and question marks and such).

Regardless, I always come back to the same question. All I want is to revert to what I had working before. Why is this too much to ask?
Old 05-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #1689
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyInBC View Post
Regardless, I always come back to the same question. All I want is to revert to what I had working before. Why is this too much to ask?
Very good request ... seems like if Ford wanted to give people that option to revert back to v2.11 system it might help with there customer satisfaction in regards to the MFT fiasco.

EDIT: At least this would be a quick solution to help people who are very unhappy with the MFT3 or just can't get it to work correctly at all.

IMO Ford should take the v2.11 system and fix it since it had far less bugs instead of trying to patch up the MFT3 disaster.

Last edited by noahsfocus; 05-18-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #1690
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
This describes my voice command experience with 2.11 which is why this is so infuriating to me. Of all my 2.11 quirks the one shining and consistent example of what good the system could do was the voice commands for music. Always worked. The only times I ever got choice lists was because I had multiple songs of the same title, which makes sense to offer a choice, or the choices it gave me did sound similar, which also makes sense.

If it never worked from the beginning it would be easier to accept but as it worked so well before and now is completely broken after what I was given and I applied was referred to as an "upgrade", I'm (I'd like to think understandably) pissed.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->