My Ford Touch Thread - Page 168 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-15-2012, 09:26 AM   #1671
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altis View Post
While that may be good advice, I think that bringing it to Ford whenever something goes wrong is the only way they'll know. Ford will assume all is well if everyone is downloading stuff off the internet to make their brand new cars work.
just trying to make their life easier. Ford is very well aware that they have issues with MFT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 10:19 AM   #1672
Kaddish
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97429
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 Kaddish Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
I dug through every setting and hit all fields that I thought might be relevant to see if I could change it through the touch screen (like I could in the old version). No luck. I can't find anything. Purely out of curiousity, do you have all Gracenote related stuff off? Gracenote caused problems for me when I had V2.11 (I have never had it on in the new version). Did you run syncmyitunes? Of course if everything is showing up correctly in the More Info screen I don't think it would help but who knows. Did you run a reindex to see if that did anything?

I have an iPod with about 75gb of music and it behaves fine (at least for this issue, my formally working voice commands are a whole new nightmare with the new version) so I don't think it is a "volume of music" related thing.
I have since experimented with gracenote to see if it would fix this isssue but this issue has been happening ever since I got the car.

I have ran syncmyitunes, it found some issues and fixed them but had no effect on this issue.

I haven't ran a re-index manually yet. I might try that. I've only let it index after making a change and plugging it back in and of course the first time I plugged it in.

Thanks for looking for me though.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #1673
Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96763
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
I am going to post this here as I am overwelmed by the amount of MFT threads in this forum. I used the search engine as well but could not find a similar thread. Feel free to move it to the appropriate section

I have 2 new quirks from MFT since a couple weeks;

Quirk # 1: When I start the car the Radio will play for 1 or 2 seconds and then switch automatically to the SD card, even tho I was listening to the Radio ''prior'' to turning the car Off. I dont use the SD card that often, mostly on week end for long drive. But in the week, during my daily commute, I listen to the radio. Why does MFT is pushing the SD card down my throat is beyond me...

Quirk # 2: Since the last couple of weeks, every, single time I get in my car with my Samsung Wave phone, MFT connects to my phone and download old text messages I already received and marked as read on my phone days ago. I also have those messages deleted from the MFT message menu but they always come back every time I start the car. This morning, my MFT went berzerk and downloaded about 10 old messages from my phone and the damm MFT/phone chime was ''ding, ding, ding non stop...

I did the V3.0 Upgrade about 3 weeks ago. I had this occurence only once with V2.11, but since V3.0, it is comming back every day.

Any hints, recommandations and/or suggestions are welcome
Old 05-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #1674
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Although I still think the new version is better than the old one, it hasn't been very smooth sailing in my car. It's slowly amassed more and more issues. Forgive the long post, but I'm going to list everything I can recall here in one comprehensive post. Some are well-documented and seem to be frequent while there are others I've never seen mentioned here on FF before.

Without further adieu...

- Phonebook entries disappear randomly, even though Auto Download is disabled. This has happened on at least two occasions. The first time, the car seemed to fix itself and re-download everything after a couple days. The second time, last week, I discovered my phonebook was down to less than 10 entries (out of about 250 on my phone) remaining. I manually deleted the entire phonebook at this point but could not get them to re-download to the system, whether by using the Download or Auto Download modes.

- When listening to music on USB (iPod) or Bluetooth, if I switch back to the Radio the system switches to a completely random radio station. Not even one in my preset banks, just a random station. I have to cycle back through my presets to get back to wherever it had been previously set. This is a bigger problem when not listening to presets, as the system then has no idea where I was and unless I remember the frequency there is no easy way to go back to it.

- Have run into a problem where, upon starting the car, all quadrants are missing. There is no ability to switch between screens when this happens unless a voice command exists. So, for example, I can bring up the map by saying "Show Map" but there is no way to see the Phone, Entertainment, or Climate screens. The system remained like this for the entire drive. After shutting the car off and driving it again later, the problem went away. This has occurred once.

- Current location, displayed on the Home screen under the compass, is hit-or-miss. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. There is no real rhyme or reason to this and it has happened many times.

- On numerous occasions, all my presets disappear. Not from memory, but they are not displayed - either on the Home or Entertainment screens. Cycling sources a few times (Radio > USB > Radio, etc.) is the only way to get them to reappear. The same behavior occurs with radio station frequencies, although these two things are not always related and sometimes happen independently of one another.

- TravelLink screen has not displayed Weather Map radar data since the upgrade.

- There are numerous areas of text overlap when entering destinations in Nav. Screen titles overlap the buttons to select the data you would like to enter.

- When the system brings up a list of choices in Nav mode, it often takes a very long time (5-15 seconds) for them to appear. The system nearly times out while prompting you for a selection before the selections have even appeared on-screen.

- When a new device is plugged in or detected (plugging in iPod, or when getting into the car and it connects to my phone's Bluetooth) and I'm on the Entertainment screen, the new device is highlighted in the audio source list. Except the system remains on the original source (such as the radio) and you cannot switch to the new source because it is already highlighted. You have to select a third source (i.e. A/V) to un-highlight the new source, then click on the new source to switch to it. Annoying and distracting, aside from the fact that it's an obvious bug.

- Listening to music on my iPod, I used voice commands to switch to a different song ("USB" "Play Song xxx") and received a Nav SD Card Fault, which kills the Nav system. Within 15 seconds, the Nav system recognizes the SD card again and starts working, but I lose the iPod/USB connection. Rebooting/re-plugging the iPod itself doen't help - I can only successfully connect to the car again after the entire car/MFT system had been shut down and re-started. Note that this is one of the issues the car was in the dealer for last month.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to all of the above (the phonebook issue in particular) I forced a reboot by pulling the fuses for MFT and Sync. This didn't help, so I begrudgingly did a Master Reset on the whole system.

I did this yesterday so I haven't been in the car enough yet to determine if that fixed all of the above. It did help with the phonebook; all my contacts are there again. However...

Since the Master Reset wipes all preferences and settings, I had to set everything up yet again. When it came time to re-enter my Favorites in Nav, it would not let me enable Voice Tags for any of them as it said something similar was already saved in the system. Sure enough, I used the "Play Nametags" voice command and the car read off the voice nametags for my Favorites that had been erased via the Master Reset. This is the problem that led to the installation of a replacement APIM in my car last month! Once again, I am unable to restore my Favorites to their condition prior to the Master Reset.

Needless to say, it's quite frustrating. I shouldn't have to invent new names for my Nav Favorites every time I reset the system, nor should I have to lose the functionality of setting nametags. This is one issue in particular that I'm curious to hear if it has impacted anyone else.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 05-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #1675
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaru View Post
I am going to post this here as I am overwelmed by the amount of MFT threads in this forum. I used the search engine as well but could not find a similar thread. Feel free to move it to the appropriate section

I have 2 new quirks from MFT since a couple weeks;

Quirk # 1: When I start the car the Radio will play for 1 or 2 seconds and then switch automatically to the SD card, even tho I was listening to the Radio ''prior'' to turning the car Off. I dont use the SD card that often, mostly on week end for long drive. But in the week, during my daily commute, I listen to the radio. Why does MFT is pushing the SD card down my throat is beyond me...

Quirk # 2: Since the last couple of weeks, every, single time I get in my car with my Samsung Wave phone, MFT connects to my phone and download old text messages I already received and marked as read on my phone days ago. I also have those messages deleted from the MFT message menu but they always come back every time I start the car. This morning, my MFT went berzerk and downloaded about 10 old messages from my phone and the damm MFT/phone chime was ''ding, ding, ding non stop...

I did the V3.0 Upgrade about 3 weeks ago. I had this occurence only once with V2.11, but since V3.0, it is comming back every day.

Any hints, recommandations and/or suggestions are welcome
All I can recommend is to contact Ford or your dealership so they can report it to Ford. Your first quirk is fairly common, because I have seen many posts about sources jumping or not the same after startup. The second one could be a quirk or a phone compability problem.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #1676
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Although I still think the new version is better than the old one, it hasn't been very smooth sailing in my car. It's slowly amassed more and more issues. ......snip.....
Very well documented and described. I would cut and paste this and go to syncmyride.com and go to contacts and send this to Ford. Also, PM this info to FordIVTteam (Jaclyn) on this forum. If you would like your dealer involved, send them a copy too.

Lastly, you may want to add the bugs to http://outofmytouch.com
Old 05-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #1677
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
Very well documented and described. I would cut and paste this and go to syncmyride.com and go to contacts and send this to Ford. Also, PM this info to FordIVTteam (Jaclyn) on this forum. If you would like your dealer involved, send them a copy too.

Lastly, you may want to add the bugs to http://outofmytouch.com
Thanks. Already sent to the dealer, including photos of many of the issues. I think most/all are already on outofmytouch but I'll check again later. Good call on Jaclyn - I've corresponded with Noemi via PM but I don't think Jaclyn is in on this one yet.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 05-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #1678
Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96763
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
Got into my car after work today and even tho I had erased all the messages on MFT and read all of the text messages I had on my phone, at start-up, MFT downloaded 17 old messages from my phone.

Now, I never changed anything on my phone or MFT...it just happended like that, for no apparent reasons.

Getting home tonite, I deleted again ALL of the messages from MFT and made sure I did not had new text messages on my phone. I filmed the operation. I'm about to go out again and will film the pairing of my phone with MFT as I leave in a few minutes. Hopefully, I will have a video of it so you guys (or Ford) can see what it does.

Later

Last edited by Kaaru; 05-16-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:13 AM   #1679
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Although I still think the new version is better than the old one, it hasn't been very smooth sailing in my car. It's slowly amassed more and more issues.
This was what worried me and why I withheld judgement immediately after I installed the update. When I first got my car w v2.11 things seemed to be fine. I was wondering what everyone on here was talking about. Slowly over time I began to see the system degrade and came to understand what everyone else was experiencing. The update seemed to actually go bad faster for me than v2.11 did. First crash/system maintenance after only three days after updating. It hasn't gotten any better and in some ways (voice commands for music) it is worse, much worse.

Quote:
Current location, displayed on the Home screen under the compass, is hit-or-miss. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. There is no real rhyme or reason to this and it has happened many times.
I get this one all of the time. Does yours ever come back on its own TiPilot? I have to set a route and cancel it to get location back on the home screen under the compass. It disappeared on me on me again a couple of weeks ago and instead of applying my little workaround to get it back I decided to ride it out and see if it would return on its own upon a subsequent startup at some point. Needless to say two weeks and it is still not back. Just wondering if yours comes back itself ever or if you have to fix it.

Quote:
On numerous occasions, all my presets disappear. Not from memory, but they are not displayed - either on the Home or Entertainment screens. Cycling sources a few times (Radio > USB > Radio, etc.) is the only way to get them to reappear. The same behavior occurs with radio station frequencies, although these two things are not always related and sometimes happen independently of one another.
Seems almost all of us have shared in this bit of fun. Great beta testers Ford was using if nobody managed to notice this.

Quote:
When a new device is plugged in or detected (plugging in iPod, or when getting into the car and it connects to my phone's Bluetooth) and I'm on the Entertainment screen, the new device is highlighted in the audio source list. Except the system remains on the original source (such as the radio) and you cannot switch to the new source because it is already highlighted. You have to select a third source (i.e. A/V) to un-highlight the new source, then click on the new source to switch to it. Annoying and distracting, aside from the fact that it's an obvious bug.
Yep I get this one as well.

Wondering if you could try something for me TiPilot (since you have Nav). I want to see if it is others with Nav or just me. Can you go from map screen to another screen, say Ent for example, and see if your current location is displaying in Nav tab after you do? For me it does not. If I go to any of the other three category screens from the Nav screen the first one I go to will not display location in the Nav tab, just the compass heading up there. If I go to a second category screen it will suddenly be back (and if I jump right back to the first screen I went to again it will be there also, unlike the first try).

Got my oil change/summer tire swap this Saturday and am anticipating a long discussion with the service dept while I wait to figure out my options here because this is not working.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #1680
johnnyszx5
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96333
What I Drive: 2012, White Platinum, SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 johnnyszx5 Good Standing Member
Just got first service yesterday at 4K and had them do 2 field service actions, 1 being the MFT upgrade. Screen changes don't really bother me, in fact the ones for the radio seem to be an improvement. Transmission seems smoother shifting, does not shudder and the chattering is almost non existent but has been getting better on its own as the miles pile on. However, go out to the garage this morning and open the door and the speakers start booming and crackling as others have described. It was a bit startling at first. I closed the door and the system shut down and when I opened the door again all was normal. The system was a bit quirky with the original program, reset itself a couple times, locked up a couple times but as of late has been better. Now I hope this isn't going to be a frequent thing as it will really P.M.O. and I am sure it can not be good for the speakers. Now waiting to see what other quirks pop up but really hoping none will.

Bookmarks & Social Networks