My Ford Touch Thread - Page 167 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #1661
Kaddish
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97429
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 Kaddish Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Try touching the area of the screen that info is listed. On the previous version, by doing that you would cycle through the info available to MFT pertaining to the tags on your song files.
This is an old-ish post but I haven't checked the forums recently.

Touch doesn't work anywhere around the Song/Album/Artist information area.

Anyonle else have the issue where MFT displays Album Title/Genre only when playing from USB and if so did you fix it? Or know how to display what ID3 info is displayed when a song is playing?

Minor issue, I know, but an annoying one for me.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #1662
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaddish View Post
This is an old-ish post but I haven't checked the forums recently.

Touch doesn't work anywhere around the Song/Album/Artist information area.

Anyonle else have the issue where MFT displays Album Title/Genre only when playing from USB and if so did you fix it? Or know how to display what ID3 info is displayed when a song is playing?

Minor issue, I know, but an annoying one for me.
Something is definitely up because as I recall from your previous post you thought it should be displaying Album Title/Song Title and you are getting Album Title/Genre. It doesn't actually display Album Title/Song Title but rather Song Title/Album Title. It seems, as Blackraven indicated, that you are simply one set of categories down the list.

Instead of:

/-Song Title (top line)
\-Album Title (second line)

Genre
etc.
etc.

You are displaying:

Song Title

/-Album Title (top line)
\-Genre (second line)

etc.
etc.

(don't know if my crude text representation makes any sense whatsoever)

I'll goof around with it when I get out of work this evening and see if I can figure it out. If I can, I'll let you know.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #1663
Kaddish
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97429
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 Kaddish Good Standing Member
Yes, that is exactly the situation. It's odd because the 'What's Playing' button says all of the information for the currently playing artist correctly so I know the ID3 tags themselves are correct and read properly by Sync/MFT. It just seems to default to those two lines with no evident way to change them.

I'm tempted to alter those fields for a couple of songs to see what happens or copy some folders to a regular USB stick to see if anything changes. I will add that my Ipod has about 85GB of music on it.

Thanks for your response.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #1664
stickmandj
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90632
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Focus Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 stickmandj Good Standing Member
Since I have updated the MFT it worked great for about a day or two. Then one day when I started the car I got a "performing system maintenance screen and ever since I have no voice command at all. When I pull the paddle to activate it I get that little ear icon in the bottom left corner but no voice prompt from the system. I have tried checking that the volume is up in the settings but that doesn't seem to be it. I even tried giving it a command regardless of not hearing a voice prompt and it never does anything. It doesn't matter whether I try and make a call, play music or anything else so the issue is with the voice commands itself.
Has anyone else had this problem and/or have any ideas on a resolution?

Thanks
Old 05-15-2012, 12:20 AM   #1665
ServerTech
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91612
What I Drive: 2012 S.G. Focus Titanium Hatchback

Points 17, Level 1
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Level Up 33% Completed
Level up: 33% Level up: 33% Level up: 33%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 ServerTech Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickmandj View Post
Since I have updated the MFT it worked great for about a day or two. Then one day when I started the car I got a "performing system maintenance screen and ever since I have no voice command at all. When I pull the paddle to activate it I get that little ear icon in the bottom left corner but no voice prompt from the system. I have tried checking that the volume is up in the settings but that doesn't seem to be it. I even tried giving it a command regardless of not hearing a voice prompt and it never does anything. It doesn't matter whether I try and make a call, play music or anything else so the issue is with the voice commands itself.
Has anyone else had this problem and/or have any ideas on a resolution?

Thanks

That has happened on my MFT about 4 times after the upgrade. The voice control stops working for no apparent reason. The only way to get it working again is to do a system reset. It will wipe out your Bluetooth device pairings and your Sirius presets, along with any saved navigational settings which you may have.

When you do perform a system reset, make sure that you've unplugged any USB device that you may have (USB stick, iPod, etc.) and remove the navigation SD card before you do the actual reset. If not, the voice control issue will still persist. I know it's weird, but I've been able to repro that several times. Good luck!
Old 05-15-2012, 01:00 AM   #1666
stickmandj
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90632
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Focus Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 stickmandj Good Standing Member
I did what you suggested and it seems to have worked. I hope it lasts. It's not too much of a pain since I don't have Nav and I haven't renewed the Sat Radio yet. I mostly rely on my iPod for music and of course my phone. So it's a relatively quick fix although still annoying. I kind of wondered if the update went right the first time. It seemed to but the wallpaper I had on was still there after the update with the new interface over top of it. It is gone now so I'll keep my fingers crossed that the issue is resolved.

Thanks for the quick help.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:11 AM   #1667
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickmandj View Post
...snip. I kind of wondered if the update went right the first time. ...
No, it's just that the update is almost as bug ridden as the previous version. It will do it again, just give it time, as it has happened 4 times to the poster above you. Hopefully everyone is reporting these things to Ford.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:15 AM   #1668
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Points 1,289, Level 19
Points: 1,289, Level: 19 Points: 1,289, Level: 19 Points: 1,289, Level: 19
Level Up 89% Completed
Level up: 89% Level up: 89% Level up: 89%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
stickmandj and Servertech, you guys need to get the delayedreboot.cab(google it). It fixes the issues without deleting any of your settings.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #1669
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaddish View Post
Yes, that is exactly the situation. It's odd because the 'What's Playing' button says all of the information for the currently playing artist correctly so I know the ID3 tags themselves are correct and read properly by Sync/MFT. It just seems to default to those two lines with no evident way to change them.

I'm tempted to alter those fields for a couple of songs to see what happens or copy some folders to a regular USB stick to see if anything changes. I will add that my Ipod has about 85GB of music on it.

Thanks for your response.
I dug through every setting and hit all fields that I thought might be relevant to see if I could change it through the touch screen (like I could in the old version). No luck. I can't find anything. Purely out of curiousity, do you have all Gracenote related stuff off? Gracenote caused problems for me when I had V2.11 (I have never had it on in the new version). Did you run syncmyitunes? Of course if everything is showing up correctly in the More Info screen I don't think it would help but who knows. Did you run a reindex to see if that did anything?

I have an iPod with about 75gb of music and it behaves fine (at least for this issue, my formally working voice commands are a whole new nightmare with the new version) so I don't think it is a "volume of music" related thing.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:20 AM   #1670
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
stickmandj and Servertech, you guys need to get the delayedreboot.cab(google it). It fixes the issues without deleting any of your settings.
While that may be good advice, I think that bringing it to Ford whenever something goes wrong is the only way they'll know. Ford will assume all is well if everyone is downloading stuff off the internet to make their brand new cars work.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.