My Ford Touch Thread - Page 165 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #1641
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Was the device working fine before the crash? Were you able to use voice commands to play stuff?
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #1642
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

Points 1,277, Level 19
Points: 1,277, Level: 19 Points: 1,277, Level: 19 Points: 1,277, Level: 19
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumGero View Post
Thanks a lot. I only have more or less 30 songs in my usb and it took more than 20mins to finish and it isn't even done when I left my car. I'll try switching the USB drive and see if it changes anything. It's not a big deal but it really slows down MFT, so if anyone can help, I would gladly accept it :)
I'm running a FAT32-formatted hard drive through USB with 6500 songs. It took less than 5 minutes to index. I have regular SYNC though, not MFT. I don't know if that would make a difference.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #1643
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Mine only takes about five minutes to index as well. The other 10-15 minutes are the voice command building.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #1644
TitaniumGero
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88508
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 3 TitaniumGero Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Was the device working fine before the crash? Were you able to use voice commands to play stuff?
Yup, worked perfectly until today. But I guess the car always seems perfect when you drive it off the lot, huh? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
I'm running a FAT32-formatted hard drive through USB with 6500 songs. It took less than 5 minutes to index. I have regular SYNC though, not MFT. I don't know if that would make a difference.
Yeah, I didn't have a problem with my SE sport with Sync when I had the car for the past 10months then I traded it for the Ti. In fact, im using the same USB drive on the Ti now.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #1645
Black Bengal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95110
What I Drive: '09 black SES & '12 tux black ti

Points 264, Level 5
Points: 264, Level: 5 Points: 264, Level: 5 Points: 264, Level: 5
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 2 Black Bengal Good Standing Member
Yesterday I talked face-to-face with a Ford engineer & today I just had a lengthy telephone conversation with my regional service advisor who Ford assigned to my case several months ago when I first began having significant DCT & MFT v2.11 problems with my 2012 Focus. She said Ford is definitely working on another MFT update (v4?) to correct the v3 glitches & to restore some of the features lost in the v3 update. I told her about the outofmytouch.com & FF.com websites & she said that a ford tech group is aware of the problems & monitors the forums. She said she will communicate our conversation to that group & that she appreciated the feedback. I encourage others here to (constructively) communicate these issues to Ford reps/engineers if the opportunity is there.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #1646
russylvia
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87916
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 russylvia Good Standing Member
Yesterday I had 3 pending actions the dealership wanted to correct, trans reprogram, recall notice, and the mytouch update. Plus, I complained about the steering wheel center. So far very happy with all they did. Personally, I like the V3 update. Still working on getting acclimated. Very concerned about the long term reliability of the MyTouch system. Where is this going to be 4-6 years from now.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #1647
04SVTF303
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98899
What I Drive: 2012 POS

FF Reputation: 1 04SVTF303 Good Standing Member
New to MFT. I have my Galaxy Nexus set up with it, and everytime I try and stream music from it, MFT completely crashes. It auto plays every time and plays a random song. After a few minutes or attempt to get it to play something else, it crashes and restarts. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 05-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #1648
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,276, Level 35
Points: 3,276, Level: 35 Points: 3,276, Level: 35 Points: 3,276, Level: 35
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post
I'm a Republican (but not happy with either party at the moment) and like MFT3 better than MFT2. It still has problems though. You just killed the point you were trying to make taking a shot at a Republican. You could have just let the stupid post speak for itself instead of label an entire group. Typical Lib!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
No reason to freak out. I didn't have a cow when you put the (helpful) petition on "change.org". I'm an Independent who leans to the [e*n*c*r*p*t*e*d]. I love to talk politics but am not a ranter and don't come to FF for it. I think he was just trying to be funny (or get a rise out of someone...oops)
I was trying to make any point by making that jab back. And who ever said I was a liberal? I don't have any major party affiliation, both of them are full of shit as far as I'm concerned, I sit myself right in the middle.

Also, how was that freaking out? I just said he ought to keep posts like that off the forums. It didn't offend me, I just thought it was out of line and could have been kept to himself.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 05-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #1649
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04SVTF303 View Post
New to MFT. I have my Galaxy Nexus set up with it, and everytime I try and stream music from it, MFT completely crashes. It auto plays every time and plays a random song. After a few minutes or attempt to get it to play something else, it crashes and restarts. Anyone else have this issue?
I never had this problem during the 2 months I had a Galaxy Nexus. Are you using the native music app?
Old 05-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #1650
04SVTF303
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98899
What I Drive: 2012 POS

FF Reputation: 1 04SVTF303 Good Standing Member
What is the Native Music app?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.