My Ford Touch Thread - Page 155 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-06-2012, 05:08 AM   #1541
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85580
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
Ford is well aware of the issues and are working diligently to fix them, but it will take time; something they don 't have a lot of because they're in for some serious competition from Intel and Nissan, Toyota, Kia, and Hyundai very soon.
Do you really think so? Diligently is far from it.
1 year from the system's release to have an update that sort of addresses the issues is diligent?

I doubt we will see MyTouch v4. This will probably get forgotten much so like Sync Gen1. They going to realize what an enormous PoS they designed, move onto the next one which probably cannot be coded into current systems. And they will just discontinue support to it. That is the life in the tech world. Welcome to it, our only fault is entrusting the initial build quality in the wrong company.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2012, 06:52 AM   #1542
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95786
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Richs10 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by estoyloco View Post
I can't believe that people are still arguing over this PoS.

The factory installed MyTouch v4 and I have had not a single problem, freeze up, slow down, or bug. In fact I haven't even had to do a single update.
Everyone should get it installed...

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Oh wait a second... wrong car we are still waiting for Ford to play catch up, let alone get their act together.

Is that the system for the new Fiat? It's very responsive but looks like someone planted a Garmin in your dash. How are the voice commands? Do you have to speak Italian?

I'll take my MFT.
Rich
Old 05-06-2012, 07:37 AM   #1543
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richs10 View Post
Is that the system for the new Fiat? It's very responsive but looks like someone planted a Garmin in your dash. How are the voice commands? Do you have to speak Italian?

I'll take my MFT.
Rich
Nope it is the "What MyFord Touch Should Have Been" system. It uses Garmin Nav but who cares it works and I like it.

And voice commands are in English. They work just fine and I use it mainly for the Nav and phone which is where it's most useful anyways. I don't need to talk to my car to turn up the temperature... that is what the dials or touchscreen is for.

I don't even use the Sync on my Focus other than to manually dial a phone number... since it doesn't even know how to load a phonebook properly. Let alone know how to operate a clock... yes V3 didn't fix it... clock still randomly resets, because it's hard for computers to keep track of time.

I'll take my WMFTSHB.
estoyloco
Old 05-06-2012, 08:13 AM   #1544
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Joking aside, what system is that?
Just curious.

Rich
Old 05-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #1545
Dunka
ɔıʇɐuɐɟ snɔoɟ

Fan#: 94911
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 Dunka Good Standing Member
Looks like a Dodge Journey to me
HatchNation #51
Old 05-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #1546
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Joking aside, what system is that?
Just curious.

Rich
Dodge uConnect 8.4" with Nav
Old 05-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #1547
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
Quote:

I'll take my MFT.
Rich
Are you being serious?

It's the Chrysler/Dodge uConnect system... and it's extremely responsive to use.

And yes, it's Garmin... they did the Nav system for it, so at least it works rather than freezing up.

You don't have to speak Italian, but when you speak English.. it actually manages to comprehend your commands.

I used to think MFT was impressive, until everyone else came out with a touch screen system that is stable and responsive, and doesn't look like garbage after an update.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #1548
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altis View Post
Are you being serious?

It's the Chrysler/Dodge uConnect system... and it's extremely responsive to use.

And yes, it's Garmin... they did the Nav system for it, so at least it works rather than freezing up.

You don't have to speak Italian, but when you speak English.. it actually manages to comprehend your commands.

I used to think MFT was impressive, until everyone else came out with a touch screen system that is stable and responsive, and doesn't look like garbage after an update.
Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if I like MFT more because it is the first modern touchscreen system I have had in a car and have little knowledge of the current competition. I don't have NAV but have heard all the complaints up here and wondered...why are they trying to re-invent the wheel rather than licensing a proven system like TomTom or Garmin??
Old 05-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #1549
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
....snip..... why are they trying to re-invent the wheel rather than licensing a proven system like TomTom or Garmin??
People also are generally familiar with how to use the Garmin systems, which is an additional reason for using it. It isn't as pretty to look at as the MFT nav, IMO, but seeing as all the defendants of MFT3 put function far and beyond style, it does work with exceptional reliability.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #1550
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altis View Post
Are you being serious?

Obviously, I was joking. Although if it is the Dodge/Chrysler system, I guess it could conceivably show up in a Fiat.

BTW, the MFT in my car does all of those things too (without the freezing or other problems you mention). After the upgrade, my system looked cleaner, more professional and generally, more 'put together'. It no longer freezes up and my bluetooth now stays connected to my phone. So, I'm pretty satisfied at this point. Do I look for further upgrade/improvements? Sure, but I'm also waiting for an upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich on my Droid, which may never happen.

As to the upgrade to 3.0, so many people were complaining about the complexity of the original system, it appears that Ford was forced to dumb it down by making changes that deleted or moved some features. That was unfortunate, but expected when a segment of customers have difficulty figuring out how to operate the system. Sometimes, this is a price one pays as an 'early adopter" of new technology.

And seriously, if your system looks like garbage you should take it back to the dealer so it can be re-installed. My MFT definitely does not look like garbage. If that doesn't work, escalate the issues you have beyond the dealership. Squeeky wheel and all that. You shouldn't put up with the problems you describe since we all have a warranty (recently extended) on our systems.

Rich

Bookmarks & Social Networks