My Ford Touch Thread - Page 154 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #1531
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaddish View Post
Does anyone have an issue with USB, specifically Ipod, only displaying the album title and genre when playing a song? I'm certain the tags are all correct.

For example, it displays:

ALBUM TITLE
Genre

Instead of:

ALBUM TITLE
Song Title

Thanks
Try touching the area of the screen that info is listed. On the previous version, by doing that you would cycle through the info available to MFT pertaining to the tags on your song files.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #1532
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
I already signed but clicked the link to check the count (disappointingly low so far) but your link is not functional in your post. Here it is in working form:

http://www.change.org/petitions/ford...x-myford-touch

You may want to edit your post also to make sure everyone gets to the site easy. SIGN IT Fanatics!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLDAR View Post
Signed it too. I used the BiggerBoat link, because your last one, feta_mpg, doesn't work.
Thanks guys. Link fixed. Glad we have at-least some support. I wish there was a better way to spread this. Already threw it up on Ford's FB fan page. lol
Sonic Crew #28 | Rally Revolution #117
Old 05-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #1533
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Ford is well aware of the issues and are working diligently to fix them, but it will take time; something they don 't have a lot of because they're in for some serious competition from Intel and Nissan, Toyota, Kia, and Hyundai very soon.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/xa/...-overview.html

I would suggest that Ford might do well to DROP Windows Automotive in favor of MeeGo or some other *nix based operating system. Microsoft operating systems have changed little in terms of stability over the years and Windows Automotive is no exception.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #1534
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
Ford is well aware of the issues and are working diligently to fix them, but it will take time;......
While I hope you are right, what makes you think so?? At risk of posting the same comment for the 100th time, Ford needs to communicate this to it's owners. I understand that they can't (and shouldn't) post: "we know this thing is still full of bugs." But, they should at least make an official statement acknowledging an intensive effort to address remaining issues..blah blah. I have seen zero official communication since the v3 release.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #1535
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95786
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Richs10 Good Standing Member
Bigger,
I've debated whether to wade into this discussion, but I will. For me, Version 2 worked, but I did have a couple of freeze-ups which required me to shut off the car and restart it. It was frustrating, I agree. Since loading Version 3, my system has been running great. I really think that Version 3 took care of a lot of problems that we were having. Unfortunately, you and several other respected posters here continue to have problems (or are very unhappy with some of the cosmetic changes made by Ver. 3, which may be coloring their perspective about the system in general). The "Petition" website has a total of 18 signers at this point. The "outoftouch" site is 'tracking' some 80 or so 'problems', but again, a good portion of these problems are complaints about the cosmetic changes Ver. 3 made, as compared to Ver. 2 (ie: size of album art, lost song tracking line etc.). Plus, IMHO, the 'snarky' name of that site is probably enough to prevent Ford from taking it seriously anyway.

I genuinely sympathize with anyone who continues to have problems with the MFT system, but I think a better solution might be to keep bugging the dealer about it. Force a total wipe and re-install, for example. Escalate the issue above the dealership if necessary. The MFT system works for most of us. There is no reason why it will not work in your cars if handled correctly by the service department.

Another suggestion: If you don't get satisfaction from your present dealer, get a new one. All makes have good and bad dealers, as we know. Frankly, I think uneducated service departments are at the root of many problems we have with our cars. I went through a similar problem with my MINI. Most of the time I knew the TSBs better than my service adviser did. (On one occasion, it resulted in a brand new clutch in a car about ready to go out of warranty).

I think its highly unlikely that Ford is going to respond to Petitions or complaint websites unless the volume is huge. Obviously, Version 3 cured a lot of ills with the system. And I'm pretty sure their efforts are moving to the new crop of cars coming out (like the Fusion and the Escape). Hopefully, we will get further updates, but I tend to doubt it since we are coming to the end of our model year. If it were me, I would be driving my dealer crazy until the issues are resolved.

Just my thoughts and some suggestions.
Rich
Old 05-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #1536
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richs10 View Post
Bigger,
I've debated whether to wade into this discussion, but I will. For me, Version 2 worked, but I did have a couple of freeze-ups which required me to shut off the car and restart it. It was frustrating, I agree. Since loading Version 3, my system has been running great. I really think that Version 3 took care of a lot of problems that we were having. Unfortunately, you and several other respected posters here continue to have problems (or are very unhappy with some of the cosmetic changes made by Ver. 3, which may be coloring their perspective about the system in general). The "Petition" website has a total of 18 signers at this point. The "outoftouch" site is 'tracking' some 80 or so 'problems', but again, a good portion of these problems are complaints about the cosmetic changes Ver. 3 made, as compared to Ver. 2 (ie: size of album art, lost song tracking line etc.). Plus, IMHO, the 'snarky' name of that site is probably enough to prevent Ford from taking it seriously anyway.

I genuinely sympathize with anyone who continues to have problems with the MFT system, but I think a better solution might be to keep bugging the dealer about it. Force a total wipe and re-install, for example. Escalate the issue above the dealership if necessary. The MFT system works for most of us. There is no reason why it will not work in your cars if handled correctly by the service department.

Another suggestion: If you don't get satisfaction from your present dealer, get a new one. All makes have good and bad dealers, as we know. Frankly, I think uneducated service departments are at the root of many problems we have with our cars. I went through a similar problem with my MINI. Most of the time I knew the TSBs better than my service adviser did. (On one occasion, it resulted in a brand new clutch in a car about ready to go out of warranty).

I think its highly unlikely that Ford is going to respond to Petitions or complaint websites unless the volume is huge. Obviously, Version 3 cured a lot of ills with the system. And I'm pretty sure their efforts are moving to the new crop of cars coming out (like the Fusion and the Escape). Hopefully, we will get further updates, but I tend to doubt it since we are coming to the end of our model year. If it were me, I would be driving my dealer crazy until the issues are resolved.

Just my thoughts and some suggestions.
Rich
That was very well said Rich, and I couldn't agree more. My system is also working quite well. I'd just like to re-emphasize two things. First, if Ford thought everything was OK, they wouldn't have marketed v3 as they did. Second, every one of us is still under warranty, and it's a simple fact that if some of us are having few if any issues, then all of us could experience that as well.

I hesitate to say this, but there is a great deal of negativity in this thread, which no one who really wants resolutions has to suffer with. Like Rich said, continue to bug your dealer, find a better dealer, or take your issues further up the chain. Bottom line is if you continue to have persistent unresolved issues you only have yourself to blame at this point. Are there minor problems? Yes. Do those minor issues justify the negativity, and apparent displeasure here? No, unless you just want to have something to complain about.

Sadly, I will get flamed for this, but honestly, if you are one who is still having serious continuous issues, ask yourself why you aren't taking advantage of your warranty?

Just how I feel. Take it or leave it... It's up to you.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #1537
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Ford Focus 2012 SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
@Rich and GreyFox

I was and still am the one who almost never complained about the MFT and its problems. If some of you read my posts, would see that I sometimes got into some "discussions" with those who complained about MFT (less) or DCT (more). And this was only because I had almost no problems with either of them.
Lately, the problems came into the picture (known or not known causes) and they've shown me another "angle/nature" of these two important pieces of our (my) car. But even then, I was not too "verbal" about them because it is not my type.

One thing should be well understood though: MFT and the DCT got all the latest TSB/FSA/Upgrades not because everyone was happy with their systems, but because there were people having problems and who expressed their "unhappiness". And they were loud enough to be heard by Ford.

This is the same thing with the petition. I signed it not because of the problems I had with my car, but because I wanted to thank all the people who contributed to have the new MFT update, the new DCT update. I am sure they were not those who were pleased with their systems. And I want these updates to continue comming, because they are needed and all of us would gain from them.

P.S. If about the DCT, I agree with you, even myself being one who encourages everyone not to accept "It is normal for this DCT" answer and go check with another dealer, I would like you to remind that MFT is only a software that needs to be updated and no dealer can do anything to it, but Ford. Warranty does close to none to it.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #1538
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richs10 View Post
Bigger,

I genuinely sympathize with anyone who continues to have problems with the MFT system, but I think a better solution might be to keep bugging the dealer about it. .......
Rich
I think you make some valid points. Bugging my dealer is very likely will get more heat to the top then this board or an online petition. I can't speak for everyone here but my complaints are more along the lines of a lot of relatively minor problems vs big ones. Most of the major freezes have gone with version 3. But, I continue to harp because these problems in total are annoying. Many are intermittent. Just for instance, the FM and Sirius preset disappear and re-appear. I work a 12 hour day and taking the car into the dealer for relatively minor problems is just not gonna be worth the amount of time and hassle. People who have reported removed features to the Sync support center have gonna non-answers or just..."oh yeah that's gone in this version". Not a proper response in my mind for a system that we paid a grand for.

My dealer is actually very good but when I had it in to have a bad front bearing replaced, they accidentally dented the front fender and the body shop had to fix it which was another 2 days without the car. I work in software so I know that unless developers themselves engage on these problems, they won't get fixed. So spending a bunch of time at the dealer might get this farther into Fords vision but, the dealer will not be able to actually FIX these bugs. The reason I am so sure they are software bugs and not a defect to my unit? I have seen at least 8-10 people report the same problems just on this board.

Even with all this, I find MFT to be a very cool system. However, that statement gets boring to keep re-posting. Posting problems has in some cases resulted in other users posting work-arounds. Not as good as fix but one of the reason yapping up here about the problems is worthwhile.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #1539
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Like VOLDAR, I too am one who usually took the positive side with MFT. But lately I've noticed, while my system works and I don't have crashes, there are still numerous bugs and issues the system has that are replicable, EVERY time I get in the car, that aren't damaging to the system but are inconvenient to deal with.

I started the petition so we could be heard by Ford but that's not seeming to happen, it's not picking up any steam.

I love the MFT system, it's great when it works, but sadly it doesn't work as well as it should.
Sonic Crew #28 | Rally Revolution #117
Old 05-06-2012, 05:02 AM   #1540
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85580
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
I can't believe that people are still arguing over this PoS.

The factory installed MyTouch v4 and I have had not a single problem, freeze up, slow down, or bug. In fact I haven't even had to do a single update.
Everyone should get it installed...

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Oh wait a second... wrong car we are still waiting for Ford to play catch up, let alone get their act together.

Bookmarks & Social Networks